Jim McDivitt question

Old July 30th 09, 01:40 AM posted to sci.space.history
Yeechang Lee

Default Jim McDivitt question

Wikipedia says Jim McDivitt would have been up for Apollo 14 LMP if
not for internal politics. McDivitt states in his NASA oral history
that "I had an opportunity to fly command Apollo 13," which
URL:http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~oard/apollo/poss_moonwalkers.html
notes is unclear on whether he meant the flown 13 or 14. My questions:

* Was McDivitt ever up for an LMP slot?
* If so, why would NASA have considered him for such a role, given
that he had already served twice as commander, including the first
rookie commander on Gemini 4? Wouldn't an LMP spot have been seen by
him and by everyone else as a demotion?

--
URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/ PERTH ---- *

Question Starlord Amateur Astronomy 3 May 18th 07 01:22 PM
Goofy Jim McDivitt photo Pat Flannery History 5 December 1st 06 03:02 PM
Celestron CG-5 GT question (GEM question in general) Paul Murphy Amateur Astronomy 10 December 13th 05 07:58 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good OM History 0 April 22nd 05 08:37 AM