ASTRO: M45 from New Year's Night with Full Moon

Old January 4th 10, 01:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: M45 from New Year's Night with Full Moon

The night of Jan 1 was forecast to be cloudy but I ended up with a narrow
window to image under a full moon.

I went for M45 with the Pentax 6x7 400mm f/4 ED(IF) lens coupled to the
ML8300. I used Blue Optec filter dating from back to 2002

I got 20 x 5 minutes before the clouds shut it down.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m45..._blue_page.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m45_p400ED_ml8300_blue_20x5minutes_svga.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	2783
Old January 4th 10, 02:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
The night of Jan 1 was forecast to be cloudy but I ended up with a narrow
window to image under a full moon.

I went for M45 with the Pentax 6x7 400mm f/4 ED(IF) lens coupled to the
ML8300. I used Blue Optec filter dating from back to 2002

I got 20 x 5 minutes before the clouds shut it down.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m45..._blue_page.htm

Darned good for that full moon out there.

Temps here are such if not for the need for regulation there'd be no
need to cool the camera. -36.3C ambient Jan 1-2. Warm tonight at -20C.
So much so I was out grilling ribs for supper.

Rick

Old January 12th 10, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very good result for a full moon image.
Using blue as luminance is a good idea for M45.

Stefan

m...