Astrology above Earth's surface

Old September 3rd 03, 01:24 AM
Richard Stewart

Default Astrology above Earth's surface

Mr. 4X wrote:

Can anyone compare this chart with other astral charts Apollo 13
passed through on the course of her trajectory? And prove that she run
into a particularly unlucky astral chart at the time of explosion?

What I'm interested in is the effect of blood sacrifices in Zero G -
provided the goats & chickens survive liftoff, is the potency of the
sacrifice lessened by the fact that the blood will not 'flow' in zero g?
Will the gods be appeased? or will they be confused by the prayers coming
from 'above' them?

Cheers,
Richard

Old September 3rd 03, 09:52 PM
Mr. 4X

Richard Stewart wrote in message :

Mr. 4X wrote:

Can anyone compare this chart with other astral charts Apollo 13
passed through on the course of her trajectory? And prove that she run
into a particularly unlucky astral chart at the time of explosion?

What I'm interested in is the effect of blood sacrifices in Zero G -
provided the goats & chickens survive liftoff, is the potency of the
sacrifice lessened by the fact that the blood will not 'flow' in zero g?

Everything will be ok once the space station has a SPINNING SECTION
to replace gravity.

[HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA]

--
Wholeflaffer the delusional issues orders
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...newsranger.com

The morphing coward Daniel J. Min about the Columbia accident
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-frog.org

Twonky's anthropology
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm....earthlink.net

Medical advise from Robert McElwaine, the cultist and Star Trek nut
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com
Old September 4th 03, 11:26 AM
Jaak Suurpere

Mr. 4X wrote:

Can anyone compare this chart with other astral charts Apollo 13
passed through on the course of her trajectory? And prove that she run
into a particularly unlucky astral chart at the time of explosion?

What I'm interested in is the effect of blood sacrifices in Zero G -
provided the goats & chickens survive liftoff, is the potency of the
sacrifice lessened by the fact that the blood will not 'flow' in zero g?
Will the gods be appeased? or will they be confused by the prayers coming

from 'above' them?

And when are the proper prayer times in space? Proper direction to Mecca?

An observant Mohammedan has been in space for a religious purpose. Really.
Old September 4th 03, 06:53 PM
Ron Miller

"Jaak Suurpere" wrote in message
om...

Astrology works on the surface of Earth.

No it doesn't.

RM

Old September 4th 03, 07:54 PM
Scott Lowther

Ron Miller wrote:

"Jaak Suurpere" wrote in message
om...

Astrology works on the surface of Earth.

No it doesn't.

Sure it does.

To a certain limit of the definition of "work." As a means of separating
the gullible and/or desperate from their money, it works as well as
anything else. As a means of determining the future, it also works. It
works at about the same rate of success as random chance, but hey,
that's better than Government, so there ya go.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer

"Any statement by Edward Wright that starts with 'You seem to think
that...' is wrong. Always. It's a law of Usenet, like Godwin's."
- Jorge R. Frank, 11 Nov 2002
Old September 5th 03, 10:53 PM
Malcolm Bacchus

In article ,
(John Griffin) wrote:

An x-y-z/time coordinate system does that

Shouldn't you be making reference to the REFSMMAT in this newsgroup?

Malcolm B
Old September 7th 03, 11:57 PM
Stuf4

From Greg Moo
"Jaak Suurpere" wrote in message

What happens to the astral chart when one is at a significant distance
from ground surface? How do Houses change?

Obviously the oxygen tanks on Apollo 13 blew up because she was Apollo
13 and it was April 13. But... Apollo 13 was about 200 000 miles from
Earth. What was the astral chart for that time and place?

No, obviously the oxygen tanks (sic) on Apollo 13 blew up because of a
faulty maintenance procedure months beforehand.

I happen to find it interesting to entertain the possibility of deeper
meaning to certain symbolisms from the space program. On previous
posts I have highlighted the celestial coincidences of Comet
Shoemaker-Levy 9 impacting Jupiter on the 25th anniversary of Apollo
11. Excerpts from previous posts:

-----------
How do you explain the launch of Apollo 11
coinciding with the anniversary of Trinity? And the most spectacular
astronomical event of our time, the impact of Shoemaker-Levy9 on
Jupiter, coinciding with the 25th anniversary of Armstrong, Collins,
and Aldrin's mission. Should we take this as a warning to not destroy
our own planet? I personally think the Universe cares a lot. But
it's up to each of us individually to decide what Apollo means.
-----------
(Full post at http://tinyurl.com/mkae)

-----------
In one of my conversations with Neil Armstrong, I
asked him this very question. I chose the lead-in topic of the timing
of
Alan Shepard's death. And then followed it up with SL-9. Without
batting
an eye, he wrote both of these events off as coincidence, as I'm sure
that
anyone who uses "good scientific thinking" would do.
-----------
(Full post at http://tinyurl.com/mkai)

Back to Apollo 13...

And besides Apollo 13 is only a name. It wasn't the 13th manned flight. It
wasn't the 13th Apollo flight. etc.

Different astrology systems use inconsistent numbering systems, which
can be said to be analogous to inconsistent numbering systems used by
NASA. While NASA may not maintain divergent "sidereal" versus
"tropical" nomenclature for numbering their rocket missions, you may
have read recent posts in a current thread on USAF booster serial
numbers versus NASA mission numbers, etc (ref thread "...THE FIRST
SPACE RACE postponed").

Calling Lovell's crew "13" can be viewed to be just as arbitrary as
pinning down the start of the Earth rotation cycle (sequencing the
days of the year) so that the mishap happened on April 13. Or even
pinning down the arbitrary "Prime Meridian" through Greenwich so that
the launch time was 13:13 at Mission Control.

Point being, Apollo 13 is more than just a name. Even if rooted in an
arbitrary decision, once that system gets firmly rooted, it sprouts a
meaning of its own. Cosmologically, the entire universe can be said
to have sprung from a single thought of cosmic consciousness (I am
tempted to subscribe to a psychologically based Big Bang theory before
any astrophysically based model, and I would guess that Neils Bohr
would lean toward this same camp when faced with the duality).

So that leaves us with Lovell-Swigert-Haise as being tied to the
number 13, and, as you point out, NOT being tied to the number 13.
Where does that leave us...

Instead of clinging to astrology at the expense of science or clinging
to science at the expense of spirituality, I suggest that a more
holistic (whole-istic) mindset would be to strive to grasp truth on
either side of the yin-yang boundary between the two camps.

The process of embracing both the black and the white can lead to an
amazing experience of mind-body-spirit. The logical mind might
conclude that integrating black&white enables a full grasp of the
gray-scale. But the spiritual potential is unlocking full-color
vision (otherwise referred to as "enlightenment").

From such a perspective, one can grasp a oneness of the uni-verse, the
one-song that serves as the primordial harmony of all things.
Apollo-driven triskaidekaphobia and and its counterpart,
"triskaidekamockery" if you will, meld into an understanding of the
potency of the number 13.

From this altered state of consciousness, one can become aware of
other deep meanings found in symbolism from the space program.
Elsewhere I've presented a case that above Apollo 13 and even Apollo
11, it was Apollo 8 that had the most profound impact on human
consciousness in giving humanity a first-person view of this planet as
a whole. In the crew of Apollo 8 you find the names:

Borman-Lovell-Anders

....and I find myself toying with the association of the three profound
human emotions of:

Bordom-Love-Anger

Yes, there is no shortage of people who laugh away such musings. But
I would like to think that there are a few members of these forums who
would like to contribute to a no-holds-barred brainstorming thread
specifically on the spiritual aspects of human spaceflight.

I have lots of other thoughts on this topic and I would like to see
these forums make an attempt at a synergistic effect for those willing
to let such ideas flow with a minimum of negative energy.

It could make for an interesting experiment.

Can anyone compare this chart with other astral charts Apollo 13
passed through on the course of her trajectory? And prove that she run
into a particularly unlucky astral chart at the time of explosion?

I don't know. But if someone puts together an interesting
correlation, I would be willing to give it a look.

~ CT