Meteor shower

Old May 5th 05, 12:03 AM
Margret

Default Meteor shower

Did anyone
see the meteor shower that was visible in the early morning between 1 and
4am in Eastern Aus.? I missed it - forgot to set the alarm!
Margret

Old May 5th 05, 06:23 AM
Bee

"Margret" no wrote in message ...
Did anyone
see the meteor shower that was visible in the early morning between 1 and
4am in Eastern Aus.? I missed it - forgot to set the alarm!
Margret

My boy woke to go see .. he didn't get to see it.

Bee

Old May 11th 05, 05:47 AM
Cactus88

"Margret" no wrote in message
Did anyone
see the meteor shower that was visible in the early morning between 1 and
4am in Eastern Aus.? I missed it - forgot to set the alarm!
Margret

I'm trying to find the approximate date and time of the next meteor
shower. Can't find that information. I'm aware of the good one in
August, but before then? TIA
C88

Old May 11th 05, 07:38 AM
Odysseus

Cactus88 wrote:

"Margret" no wrote in message
Did anyone
see the meteor shower that was visible in the early morning between 1 and
4am in Eastern Aus.? I missed it - forgot to set the alarm!
Margret

I'm trying to find the approximate date and time of the next meteor
shower. Can't find that information. I'm aware of the good one in
August, but before then? TIA

The RASC _Observer's Handbook_ shows no more likely displays until
the South Delta-Aquarids on July 28, followed by the Perseids August
12 -- probably the "good one" you're thinking of. (There are three
showers listed for June, but their radiants are only above the
horizon during the day: the Arietids on the 9th, the Zeta Perseids on
the 14th, and the Beta Taurids on the 30th.)

--
Odysseus
Old May 11th 05, 07:59 AM
Cactus88

"Odysseus" wrote in message

Cactus88 wrote:

"Margret" no wrote in message
Did anyone
see the meteor shower that was visible in the early morning between 1 and
4am in Eastern Aus.? I missed it - forgot to set the alarm!
Margret

I'm trying to find the approximate date and time of the next meteor
shower. Can't find that information. I'm aware of the good one in
August, but before then? TIA

The RASC _Observer's Handbook_ shows no more likely displays until
the South Delta-Aquarids on July 28, followed by the Perseids August
12 -- probably the "good one" you're thinking of. (There are three
showers listed for June, but their radiants are only above the
horizon during the day: the Arietids on the 9th, the Zeta Perseids on
the 14th, and the Beta Taurids on the 30th.)

Thanks, Odysseus. I'm marking July 28th on my calander.

Old May 11th 05, 08:05 AM
Twittering One

What happend?

Old May 11th 05, 04:58 PM
Cactus88

"Twittering One" wrote in message
oups.com
What happend?

Hi Twittering One (can I call you Twittering?) !
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "What happened?" except
maybe you're talking about the way that thread on that other
newsgroup just disappeared?(don't remember which ng now- but
it's one of those ng's that is sometimes listed up there^ in the
"Newsgroups" field. That thread had my 2 posts in it, and it
just vanished from my newsreader when I wasn't looking. The
only way that can happen, I believe, is if the person who started
the thread canceled the first post of a thread, taking replies with it.
But I'm not sure about that. I suppose it could be tested to find out.
Anyway, I hope you're having more fun than a barrel of monkeys
riding atop a gaggle of geese -- er -- hi Folly Wally!
This hiker I know is loaning me his wild game watching binocs,
to view the meteor showers coming up. They are huge! Something
like 10x80s or 20x80s- I forget. But bright- good for stargazin'.
Over and out- 4 now...
C88

Old May 11th 05, 05:04 PM
Cactus88

"Twittering One" wrote in message
oups.com
What happend?

Hi Twittering One (can I call you Twittering?) !
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "What happened?" except
maybe you're talking about the way that thread on that other
newsgroup just disappeared?(don't remember which ng now-
but it's one of those ng's that is sometimes listed up there^ in
the "Newsgroups" field) That thread had our replies in it, and it
just vanished from my newsreader when I wasn't looking. The
only way that can happen, I believe, is if the person who started
the thread canceled the first post of a thread, taking replies with it.
But I'm not sure about that. I suppose it could be tested to find out.
Anyway, I hope you're having more fun than a barrel of monkeys
riding atop a gaggle of geese -- er -- hi Folly Too!

Old May 11th 05, 05:08 PM
Twittering One

"Hi Twittering One
(can I call you Twittering?) !"
~Cactus

"You can
Call me anything."
~ Twittering

"I'm not sure
I know what you mean by

'What happened?'

Except maybe you're talking about
The way that thread on that other newsgroup
Just disappeared?"
~ Cactus

"Which group?"
~ Folly

"That thread had my 2 posts in it,
And it just vanished from my newsreader
When I wasn't looking."
~ Cactus

"O, I understand.
The 11th Dimension."
~ Folly

"The only way that can happen,
I believe, is if the person
Who started the thread canceled
The first post of a thread, taking replies with it."
~ Cactus

"They can do that?"
~ Twittering

"But I'm not sure about that.
I suppose it could be tested to find out.

Anyway,
I hope you're having more fun
Than a barrel of monkeys
riding atop a gaggle of geese -- er -- hi Folly Wally!"
~ Cactus

"Hell No ~ !"
~ Twittering

"Hey ~ !
~ Folly

"This hiker I know is loaning me
His wild game watching binocs,
To view the meteor showers coming up.

They are huge!
Something like 10x80s or 20x80 ~
I forget. But bright- good for stargazin'.
Over and out ~ 4 now..."
~ Cactus

"Okey dokey.
Don't forget about us ~ !"