Signing messages

Old July 12th 03, 10:31 PM
Jon Berndt

Default Signing messages

Does anyone know if/how it is possible to use signed messages on Usenet?
Would PGP work? Is it worth looking into?

Jon

Old July 13th 03, 08:50 AM
Alan Erskine

"Agent Blue" wrote in message
"Jon Berndt" wrote in
:

Does anyone know if/how it is possible to use signed messages on
Usenet?

Yes.

Would PGP work?

Yes.

Is it worth looking into?

That's up to you. If you use PGP then those wanting to verify your
signature must also use PGP. Personally, I don't see a need for PGP in
Usenet. If you are referring to all the faked posts from certain
individuals, then I suppose the "real" individuals can use PGP to sign
their messages, but that's a bit paranoid. After all, is there anyone
here that really believes the faked posts are from the real individuals?

There's another point - why not just check the headers and find the real
posters anyway. That's what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks
now. It takes a bit of time, but works (if it mentions "giglamesh" then
it's fake).
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old July 13th 03, 03:53 PM
Herb Schaltegger

--
Herb Schaltegger, Esq.
Chief Counsel, Human O-Ring Society
Old July 13th 03, 05:16 PM
OM

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:12:37 GMT, Bruce Palmer
wrote:

Just kill the nasty threads and be done with it. They're a nuisance and
nothing more IMO. Nobody's losing any sleep wondering "Wow! Did
Jon/Alan/Rhonda/etc. really say *THAT*?"

....I did *exactly* that last night. Every one of these bogus threads,
along with every single thread every single Maxson is involved in was
killfiled. Both .shuttle and .history were much more sedate this
morning when I did a header refresh.

It was actually more fun than flaming the scum for a change. Which
should please Beady to no end...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 13th 03, 07:12 PM
John Maxson

Default Austin's Bob Mosley III Leads Vicious 'Shoot the 51-L Messenger' Campaign

Giganews still hosts Bob Mosley's trashy abuse for
Illuminati Online. Others like 'MondoMor' act like
they've never behaved as bad or worse here toward
me than Mosley.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

MondoMor
wrote in message news:8ReQa.52519$H17.14764@sccrnsc02...
OM wrote:
snip
It was actually more fun than flaming the scum for a change.
Which should please Beady to no end...

Congratulations! You've finally grown up and realized feeding
the trolls doesn't do anything but increase the noise!

Old July 19th 03, 01:25 PM
Herb Schaltegger

In article ,
Jonathan Griffitts wrote:

Your signature verifies just fine; I wonder why mine doesn't? I looked
up my post and it verifies locally okay but the google-archived copy
does not; probably some line-wrapping issues along the way.