Scientists now understand Dark Matter less than ever before

Old October 20th 11, 09:00 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Scientists now understand Dark Matter less than ever before

On Oct 18, 6:52*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
As usual, fairy dust and sprites defy scientific explanation, oh what a
surprise!

* * * * Yousuf Khan

"Dark matter" mystery deepenshttp://www.world-science.net/othernews/111017_darkmatter.htm

"Over cosmic his*to*ry, cos*mol*o*gists think clumps of dark mat*ter
grew and at*tracted nor*mal mat*ter, form*ing the ga*lax*ies.
Cos*mol*o*gists use pow*er*ful com*put*ers to sim*u*late this pro*cess.
Their sim*ula*t*ions show that dark mat*ter should be densely packed in
the cen*ters of ga*lax*ies. If a dwarf gal*axy were a peach, the
stand*ard cos*mo*lo*g*i*cal mod*el says we should find a dark mat*ter
pit at the cen*ter, ex*plained Jor*ge Pear*ru*bia of the
Uni*vers*ity of Cam*bridge in the U.K., co-au*thor of the new stu*dy.

But mea*sure*ments of two dwarf ga*lax*ies show they con*tain a smooth
dis*tri*bu*tion of dark mat*ter, Walk*er said. So our mea*sure*ments
con*tra*dict a bas*ic pre*diction about the struc*ture of cold dark
mat*ter in dwarf ga*lax*ies. In oth*er words, the first two dwarf
ga*lax*ies we stud*ied are like pit*less peach*es, said Pear*ru*bia."

Darkness of matter could be as simple as carbon buckyballs, because as
stars finally time-out or sequence for their very last time, all
that's left is carbon.

Why does it have to be more complicated than nearly undetectable
carbon that's too cold and otherwise too inert to detect with
conventional science instruments.

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / Guth Usenet

Old October 20th 11, 10:44 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Marvin the Martian

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:00:43 -0700, Brad Guth wrote:

On Oct 18, 6:52*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
As usual, fairy dust and sprites defy scientific explanation, oh what a
surprise!

* * * * Yousuf Khan

"Dark matter" mystery
deepenshttp://www.world-science.net/othernews/111017_darkmatter.htm

"Over cosmic his*to*ry, cos*mol*o*gists think clumps of dark mat*ter
grew and at*tracted nor*mal mat*ter, form*ing the ga*lax*ies.
Cos*mol*o*gists use pow*er*ful com*put*ers to sim*u*late this pro*cess.
Their sim*ula*t*ions show that dark mat*ter should be densely packed in
the cen*ters of ga*lax*ies. “If a dwarf gal*axy were a peach, the
stand*ard cos*mo*lo*g*i*cal mod*el says we should find a dark mat*ter
‘pit’ at the cen*ter,” ex*plained Jor*ge Peñar*ru*bia of the
Uni*vers*ity of Cam*bridge in the U.K., co-au*thor of the new stu*dy.

But mea*sure*ments of two dwarf ga*lax*ies show they con*tain a smooth
dis*tri*bu*tion of dark mat*ter, Walk*er said. So “our mea*sure*ments
con*tra*dict a bas*ic pre*diction about the struc*ture of cold dark
mat*ter in dwarf ga*lax*ies.” In oth*er words, “the first two dwarf
ga*lax*ies we stud*ied are like pit*less peach*es,” said Peñar*ru*bia."

Darkness of matter could be as simple as carbon buckyballs, because as
stars finally time-out or sequence for their very last time, all that's
left is carbon.

Why does it have to be more complicated than nearly undetectable carbon
that's too cold and otherwise too inert to detect with conventional
science instruments.

http://translate.google.com/#

That won't work. Carbon would interact in ways that would make it
detectable. For example, it would absorb EM radiation and collide with
particle radiation and emit IR that would be detectable.

Old October 21st 11, 11:14 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Elijahovah

Dark Matter

The Greek epicycles of the outer planets
for men so smart they can calulate such deep truths.
That's what Dark Matter reminds me of,
the genius Greek men who could calculate these
epicycle circles that Jupiter and Mars and Saturn
made every time they were opposite the sun.
Old October 22nd 11, 07:09 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 20, 2:44*pm, Marvin the Martian wrote:
[...]

Perhaps when we get our JWST up and running it'll start telling us
exactly what all of that carbon buckyball stuff is doing at 2.7 K or
warmer.

Can wandering/free electrons be heated or cooled?

Old October 25th 11, 05:17 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
jim

On Oct 18, 10:42*am, john wrote:
On Oct 18, 7:52*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:

[...]

The whole reason for inventing dark
matter was to explain galactic rotation curves.
i.e. How do the outer parts of the galaxy
rotate around its center at the same frequency
as inner parts? Something must be all around
OUTSIDE the galaxy drawing the outer edges along
faster than they otherwise would go. Or else our
theory of gravity is wrong, and THAT can't be.

Well, that's not really new. The theory of gravity
has been wrong more often than dots climb on i's.

So the people who understand how chemistry works,
took the point of view that the theory of matter is wrong.
And discovered that atoms are nothing are not all like what
the classical tables previously supposed.

The people who understand how biology works the point
of view of that theory of time is wrong. And discovered
that the Earth is tremendously older than the 10,000
year previously supposed, and that the geology is also wrong.

The people who understand engineering took the point
of view that the theory of logic is wrong. And discovered
Topology, DSP, Turing Machines, Goedel' Thereoms, and
Chaos Theory.

The people who understand computers took the point
that the manufacturing is wrong. And discovered
Atomic Clocks, Lasers, Holographics, Self-Replicating Machines,
and Nanotechnology.

So now the dark matter is at the center? Oh-oh!

So.............why?

john

Old October 25th 11, 06:35 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Sam Wormley[_2_]

Hubble snaps dark matter warping spacetime
http://regmedia.co.uk/2011/10/13/hubble_large.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10...ional_lensing/

"Hubble scientists explain that what makes MACS 1206 so massive is that
it contains an enormous one might even say astronomical amount of
the as-yet-unexplained substance, dark matter.

"Being, well, dark, dark matter cannot be seen its existence can only
be inferred from how it warps spacetime. In the case of MACS 1206, the
warping is extreme, indicating that MACS 1206 is one hefty cluster, indeed.

"We have no freaking idea of exactly what dark matter is, but we do know
that there's a lot of it estimates of its percentage of the total
matter in the universe hover around the mid-to-high 90s. Nor, for that
matter (no pun intended), do we yet have an inkling of the identity of
its compatriot, dark energy, the force that's causing the expansion of
the universe to accelerate".

See:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10...ional_lensing/

_________________

Galaxy Clusters Validate Einstein

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...e-einstei.html

"Besides confirming general relativity, the results strongly support the
Lambda-Cold Dark Matter model of the universe, an already popular
cosmological model according to which most of the cosmos is made up of
invisible stuff that does not interact with matter constituting stars
and planets. The test also lends support for dark energy, the mysterious
force that appears to be pushing the universe apart".

See:
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceno...e-einstei.html

Old October 25th 11, 08:36 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
jim

On Oct 25, 12:17*pm, jim wrote:
On Oct 18, 10:42*am, john wrote:

[...]

And, the people who understand Ontology
and their Proofs/Sec nonsense discovered Category Theory.