Gulf Oil Lunar Lander

Old June 5th 04, 08:02 AM
Scott Lowther

Default Gulf Oil Lunar Lander

Back in the 1960's, Gulf Oil released a pre-printed cardpaper lunar
lander model as a promotional item. These things are now kinda hard to
come by. I've put a pristine one up on ebay, still intact and complete
with instructions. This is an original, not a modern reproduction.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=dynasco tt

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old June 5th 04, 03:20 PM
OM

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 07:02:02 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Back in the 1960's, Gulf Oil released a pre-printed cardpaper lunar
lander model as a promotional item. These things are now kinda hard to
come by. I've put a pristine one up on ebay, still intact and complete
with instructions. This is an original, not a modern reproduction.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=dynasco tt

....No, but one of these days I'm going to buy one, take it over to
AlphaGraphics, and get it scaled up to 3x size and mass produced.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 5th 04, 09:06 PM
Scott Hedrick

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rid=dynasco t

...No, but one of these days I'm going to buy one, take it over to
AlphaGraphics, and get it scaled up to 3x size and mass produced.

I'll buy that for a dollar (plus shipping and handling).

Old June 6th 04, 08:45 AM
Rusty Barton

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 09:20:22 -0500, OM

wrote:

Back in the 1960's, Gulf Oil released a pre-printed cardpaper lunar
lander model as a promotional item. These things are now kinda hard to
come by. I've put a pristine one up on ebay, still intact and complete
with instructions. This is an original, not a modern reproduction.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=dynasco tt

...No, but one of these days I'm going to buy one, take it over to
AlphaGraphics, and get it scaled up to 3x size and mass produced.

OM

Someone at the Lower Hudseon Valley Challenger Center has resized the
Gulf LM to 1/48 scale. In addition, they have created a
Command/Service Module, Boost Protective Cover / Launch Escape System
in 1/48 scale. They have also created a 1/48 scale Saturn V to go with
it.

Here are the URL's to all of the templates to make a paper Saturn V
and Apollo CSM & LM for free:

http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/
There are also paper model templates for the Shuttle, Dyna Soar /
Titan I, X-33, X-43, Klingon, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon
5 Ships, Mars Rovers, etc, etc, etc. Take a look at the page.

Gulf type LM 1.1 upgrade in 1/44 scale:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/guylem_gold45.pdf

1/48 scale LM template:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/0206pr/gulflem_100pc.zip

1/48 scale CM, LES and Boost Protective Cover:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/apollo4802.pdf

1/48 scale Service Module:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/0206pr/sm48.zip

1/48 scale Saturn V pictures:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/031204_sat48/
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/031204_sat48/all.html
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/040103_s1/index.html
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/040103_s1/all.html

1/48 scale S-IVB Third Stage:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/s3_48.pdf

1/48 scale S-II Second Stage:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/031204_sat48/s2_96.zip

1/48 scale S-IC First Stage:
http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/s1_96ok.zip

- Rusty Barton

Old June 6th 04, 02:48 PM
OM

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:45:55 -0700, Rusty Barton
wrote:

Someone at the Lower Hudseon Valley Challenger Center has resized the
Gulf LM to 1/48 scale.

....This one you kids *have* to see:

http://lhvcc.com/egiftshop/roofrocket.jpg

....The only one that could top that would be someone doing that with
an Enterprise ;-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM