Time to move space discussions to alt.politics?

Old July 7th 04, 06:18 AM
Jim Logajan

Default Time to move space discussions to alt.politics?

I admit I haven't checked how much traffic there is on alt.politics, but
I'm guessing it has to be MUCH less than the off-topic political
discussions on the sci.space.* groups. May as well mess with everyone's
minds and ignore the entire naming scheme of Usenet. *sigh*
Old July 7th 04, 07:25 AM
Alan Erskine

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
I admit I haven't checked how much traffic there is on alt.politics, but
I'm guessing it has to be MUCH less than the off-topic political
discussions on the sci.space.* groups. May as well mess with everyone's
minds and ignore the entire naming scheme of Usenet. *sigh*

And what, may I ask, have you posted to this group that is ON TOPIC??

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old July 7th 04, 08:41 AM
Brett O'Callaghan

"Alan Erskine" wrote:

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
I admit I haven't checked how much traffic there is on alt.politics, but
I'm guessing it has to be MUCH less than the off-topic political
discussions on the sci.space.* groups. May as well mess with everyone's
minds and ignore the entire naming scheme of Usenet. *sigh*

And what, may I ask, have you posted to this group that is ON TOPIC??

This has always been a pretty lame excuse for posting continual off
topic drivel.

Many, many people who could post on topic are driven away from a group
that's *continually* off-topic. This is a fact. People not speaking
up and saying that this isn't good enough is one of the reasons why
Usenet is FUBAR'ed.

Byeeeee.
--
Gadzooks - here comes the Harbourmaster!
http://www.geocities.com/brettocallaghan - Newsgroup Stats for Agent
Old July 7th 04, 09:12 AM
Alan Erskine

"Brett O'Callaghan" wrote in message

This has always been a pretty lame excuse for posting continual off
topic drivel.

Many, many people who could post on topic are driven away from a group
that's *continually* off-topic.

Then people killfile the thread or the individual. There was/is a thread
about "Military service and the astronaut corps". It got to be LaTroll vs
just about everyone. I don't see that thread anymore. I also don't see
anything LaTroll posts for the same reason. Killfile is your friend.

Old July 7th 04, 10:08 AM
OM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:41:08 +1000, Brett O'Callaghan
wrote:

This has always been a pretty lame excuse for posting continual off
topic drivel.

....Quick search shows a total of four posts in a year's period, all
crossposted from .policy.

Byeeeee.

....Don't let your ass hit the door on the way out, eh?

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 7th 04, 01:20 PM
Alex Terrell

Jim Logajan wrote in message 6...
I admit I haven't checked how much traffic there is on alt.politics, but
I'm guessing it has to be MUCH less than the off-topic political
discussions on the sci.space.* groups. May as well mess with everyone's
minds and ignore the entire naming scheme of Usenet. *sigh*

Perhaps not. Sci.space.policy seems to have a low crank level (only
about 25%?) . Alt.politics probably has a far higher crank level,
making sensible discussion almost impossible.