The Origin of The Universe / S D Rodrian

Old January 23rd 05, 02:59 PM
Bill Sheppard

Default The Origin of The Universe / S D Rodrian

From SDR:

I am, in effect, telling you that the fabric
of reality is a fine weave of
interconnections (all are connected
to/with each other) and therefore that if
even one of the threads should break... it would rip the entire fabric

apart at once!

How then, O wise one, do you reconcile this with your assertion that
space is "nothingness"? What mediates and implements this
interconnectedness or 'entanglement'? Sky Pixies? Inquiring minds would
like to know. (Ziinni take a hike.) oc

Old February 1st 05, 02:23 PM
Twittering One

very nice poems, SDR!
_______
Blog, or dog? Who knows.
But if you see my lost pup, please ping me!
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo
Old February 2nd 05, 02:34 AM
Bill Sheppard

They're looking for the telltale
stretch-and-squish signature of
gravitational waves...

Stretch and squish huh? Better OK that with jb who insists they gotta be
transverse and carry no longitudinal component. oc

Old February 3rd 05, 03:28 AM
Bill Sheppard

From SDR:

General relativity describes perfectly the
way "universal gravitation" shapes the
universe... GR simply does not explain
exactly what "gravity" is (and that's
where I come in).

Pray tell then sir, what IS gravity and its cause? Inquiring minds would
like to know. oc

Old February 3rd 05, 01:45 PM
Bill Sheppard

From SDR:

I shall be glad to answer any question
you have. I know a lot of stuff, you
know... what women really want... you
name it. Just hurry:

Well, outside your tome of 10,000 words, and in deferance to us
dimbulbs, please ad lib for us a brief thumbnail sketch of exactly what
gravity IS, and its mechanism of causation. And this is with the proviso
that space is functionally void or 'nothingness'.
Besides, Zinni needs a good guffaw.
oc

Old February 3rd 05, 02:23 PM
Bill Sheppard

nowhere@nowhere says to SDR:

Gravitation is an observable fact. Its
explanations and causes are
hypothetical. What counts are the
predictions made from those hypothetical causes and laws. If the

predictions are
good, all is well...

Is science really content to operate on *descriptions of effects*
without the greater enquiry into knowing the _cause_ of those effects?
Such seems contrary to the exploratory nature of human spirit. It's like
describing shadows with no predilection to know what's casting the
shadows.

You have no more valid idea of the basic causes of gravitation than

the smartest
physicists who have ever lived.

But `What If` those smartest physicists are operating from an erroneous
premise-- that space is functionally void or 'nothingness'?
At one time, the best and brightest minds were
geocentrists and "knew" the Earth is the center of the universe. oc

Old February 3rd 05, 06:04 PM
Twittering One

"* This could be a foolish assumption,
as I know you, Bill.
And I know how you like to lurk in the dark,
you ole bat."
~ SDR

*smirk*
Gravitas? A relative point of intersection.
C'est simplement!

_______