Help the hungry in this holiday season!

Old December 11th 04, 08:42 PM
Mike Simmons

Default Help the hungry in this holiday season!

I just received the following from a friend. Please help the less
fortunate.

Mike Simmons

Please donate any unused cans of food to help feed the hungry astronauts
and cosmonauts. (See below). Unopened cans of string beans, dried meat,
caviar, spam, and chicken noodle soup are particularly needed. Vacuum
packed foods are preferred since they are less likely to explode in low G
transport. Please send your canned food donations to
www.feedtheastronauts.org.

REFERENCE:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/1....ap/index.html

Space station crew forced to cut calories
Russian supply capsule due December 23
Thursday, December 9, 2004 Posted: 4:56 PM EST (2156 GMT)

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- Food is running so low aboard the
international space station that flight controllers have instructed the
two crewmen to cut back on calories...
Old December 11th 04, 11:15 PM
CLT

"John Steinberg" wrote in message
Mike Simmons wrote:

Please donate any unused cans of food to help feed the hungry astronauts
and cosmonauts. (See below). Unopened cans of string beans, dried meat,
caviar, spam, and chicken noodle soup are particularly needed. Vacuum
packed foods are preferred since they are less likely to explode in low

transport. Please send your canned food donations to
www.feedtheastronauts.org

April comes faster and faster every year. Spam was a nice touch.

Have a heart John. Those poor astronauts could starve by April!

;-)

(Of course, they're in the world's biggest turkey!)

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

************************************

--
-John Steinberg
email: lid

Old December 12th 04, 01:24 AM
Mark F.

Let them eat asteroids.

Marie Antoinette

news

Old December 12th 04, 03:03 AM
Mike Simmons

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:03:50 -0500, John Steinberg
wrote:

Mike Simmons wrote:

Please donate any unused cans of food to help feed the hungry astronauts
and cosmonauts. (See below). Unopened cans of string beans, dried meat,
caviar, spam, and chicken noodle soup are particularly needed. Vacuum
packed foods are preferred since they are less likely to explode in low
transport. Please send your canned food donations to
www.feedtheastronauts.org

April comes faster and faster every year. Spam was a nice touch.

You do know they really are short on food, don't you, John? It's been all
over the news. They'll be fine if/when the supply ship arrives (on
Christmas Day no less) but if it doesn't they're going to have to come
back. I suppose the Russian will do his own shopping and then head back
to the station. The American will probably just order a couple hundred
pizzas to go.

Mike Simmons
Old December 12th 04, 04:25 AM
Matthew Ota

Well I have no food but a lot of old unused AP rocket motors.
I guess we could cluster them and use them to boost the grub into orbit.

Matthew Ota

Old December 12th 04, 05:08 PM
Mike Simmons

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:25:09 -0500, John Steinberg
wrote:

Mike Simmons wrote:

You do know they really are short on food, don't you, John? It's been
all
over the news.

What!? OMG!

Ten minute intermission while I run to personal fallout shelter

Okay, I have three cases of chicken soup and two cases of Hormel Spam.
Could you be a prince and let me know where to ship it to?

Well, see, that's a bit of a problem since the address keeps changing.
Check the web site for a drop-off location near you.

Mike Simmons
Old December 12th 04, 05:48 PM
Mike Simmons

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:12:56 -0500, John Steinberg
wrote:

Mike Simmons wrote:

Well, see, that's a bit of a problem since the address keeps changing.
Check the web site for a drop-off location near you.

I hate to be a bother but my browser is in the shop for repairs - fed
it some bad java. Any chance you could check it for me and get a NY
local drop-off site? NJ, CT or OH would also be great.

I'll do the best I can. That's a promise.

Mike Simmons
Old December 12th 04, 10:14 PM
AM

"John Steinberg" wrote in message

Okay, I have three cases of chicken soup and two cases of Hormel Spam.
Could you be a prince and let me know where to ship it to?

You forgot the Dinty Moore beef stew......................

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Old December 13th 04, 02:08 AM
Mike Simmons

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:56:21 -0500, John Steinberg
wrote:

Any luck, Mike? It's almost 9PM EST. Would love to have a drop-off
point by my 10:45 PM EST [03:45 UT] bedtime.

I haven't found anything convenient to you. Could you take it to the
Empire State Building and give it a good heave when they come by? Do a
quick refreshing from your old celestial mechanics text.

Could you check the website soon and report back? I found a case of
Sterno and three cases of corned beef hash, too.

No caviar? The cosmonaut will be suffering. I asked my Iranian friends
to hop over the mountains to the Caspian Sea and get some for him. They'd
like to help but they don't have a good delivery method right now.
High-flying missiles seen to make the neighbors nervous.

Mike Simmons
Old December 13th 04, 02:13 AM
Davoud

John Steinberg:
...I found a case of Sterno and three cases of corned beef hash, too.

Sterno with red meat--your good breeding always shows through.

Davoud.

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com