June Solstice 2014

Old June 9th 14, 09:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default June Solstice 2014

Apart from using external solar system references and the foreground central Sun to define the Earth's orbital position in space there is another local reference which determines where along its orbital path the Earth is. At the June Solstice the latitudinal coordinates of 90 degrees ( North/South Poles) will be at a maximum distance from the circle of illumination and carried around to that position by the surface rotation which is a function of the Earth's orbital motion -

http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/...mericas250.jpg

The incorporation of this second surface rotation to the central Sun explains so much and especially as the same mechanism which causes hemispherical changes in latitudinal conditions (the seasons) but also why the natural noon cycles vary insofar as the Earth's orbital speed changes then so does the secondary surface rotation follow suit.

It should be possible to get observers to set aside the facility that predicts the Solstice within the calendar framework and shift to the dynamical perspectives which require certain references that have been unused up to now. It doesn't matter if I demonstrate this or somebody else,the new explanation using two planetary surface rotations to the central Sun is there waiting for the right individuals who can adjust to 21st century tools.
Old June 9th 14, 03:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Monday, June 9, 2014 2:03:26 AM UTC-6, oriel36 wrote:

The incorporation of this second surface rotation to the central Sun explains so much

It certainly does. The second surface rotation, which takes 1 year, explains why the day is 24 hours long even though the first surface rotation takes 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds.

John Savard
Old June 9th 14, 07:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gavino

"oriel36" wrote in message
At the June Solstice the latitudinal coordinates of 90 degrees ( North/South Poles) will be at
a maximum distance from the circle of illumination ...

Ah, good to see you've stopped using the term 'polar coordinates' wrongly.
A glimmer of hope that you are open to learning from others, even if in a small way.

Old June 9th 14, 10:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

The great orbital surface rotation to the central Sun as the Earth moves through space and turns the surface with it (aside from and addition to daily rotation) is responsible for the seasons and variations in the natural noon cycles where both rotations operate independent of each other.

Right now the polar coordinates are roughly 360 miles from their maximum distance to the circle of illumination and they are carried around parallel to the ecliptic plane covering that distance in the next 12 days or so. This only confirms what is seen in Uranus in a spectacular way -

http://pds-rings.seti.org/uranus/ear...7-32-large.jpg

The initial discernment of the surface rotation as a function of the Earth's orbital motion was especially difficult as it was done at a time when these images were not available whereas today such a discernment is not at all difficult and the lessons learned via Uranus are applied to the Earth as a matter of course.

As the longest daylight hours approach here in the Western isles of Europe it is wonderful to take just a few minutes to consider what is happening with the motions of the Earth in our yearly trek around the Sun and that a second surface rotation exists and displaces the older 'tilt' towards and away from the Sun.

Old June 10th 14, 06:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On June 4th 2014 Gerald (aka oriel36) wrote:
"Were you to stand on the Greenwich meridian and count the number of times a circumpolar star crosses it,you would discover 1461 times in 1461 days or the 4 times it take the Earth to complete a circuit of the central Sun."

Finally Gerald comes clean!

For ages I haven't been clear if Gerald accepts the concept of the sidereal day but disputes its significance in everyday life or if he disputes the concept in its entirety. Clearly it is the latter.

Readers here know full well that if you look due north at midnight on Dec 31st the sky doesn't look exactly the same at it does on June 30th. It only requires the most simple of experiments to prove this. Gerald would have readers believe that he hasn't made this observation himself, sorry Gerald but I don't buy this, not for a minute.

So I suggest that he either cannot accept the evidence of his own eyes in which case he needs immediate and significant help or he is, as many have suggested, some combination of a troll and a sufferer from autism. Either way we cannot help him

Can we now, finally, draw a line under this infection. Ignore each and every post Gerald makes and reclaim the group for the members.
Old June 10th 14, 07:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Well what do you know !, every now and then I check in with Wikipedia as it is normally the main reference in a topic search and they now show the motion of the polar latitudes in a circle parallel with the ecliptic plane ,of course they don't account for the motion as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth so it is difficult for students and interested adults to see the bigger picture -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season

I have seen this with rotation as applied to plate tectonics,instead of explaining these things properly they grope along and make a mess of things by virtue that they are not comfortable with handling the topics.

The animation does reflect what the Earth looks like from the Sun however the same motion can be seen from the other planets although with planetary phases attached -

http://www.masil-astro-imaging.com/S...age%20flat.jpg

It would be difficult for students to discern the surface rotation arising from the Earth's orbital motion through space as simultaneously present company are fixated on constant alignment to Polaris thereby missing the point of two surface rotations to the central Sun.

The topic requires real men and not childish impostors who struggle to use these new tools,although the Wikipedia graphic is heading in the right direction it lacks the accompanying explanation using the necessity of a second surface rotation.

Old June 11th 14, 10:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

There is a beautiful full moon out there this evening and how many men throughout history have looked out at the same face for all sorts of reasons in silence,in joy and in despair. I know too that I am here on a moving Earth and as it approaches the Solstice it calls to mind that our planet rotates to the Sun in two ways where the Northern polar coordinates reaches orbital midday,the Southern coordinate reaches orbital midnight in their yearly trek in a circle as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth.

I cannot imagine why anyone would,at least now with 21st century imaging, choose to ignore the orbital component which must be considered a surface rotation but then again the same gorgeous moon out there is looked upon by strange people who see it rotating as well as orbiting.

People must have no pride whatsoever.
Old June 12th 14, 12:32 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles[_3_]

"oriel36" wrote in message

There is a beautiful full moon out there this evening and how many men
throughout history have looked out at the same face for all sorts of reasons
in silence,in joy and in despair. I know too that I am here on a moving
Earth and as it approaches the Solstice it calls to mind that our planet
rotates to the Sun in two ways where the Northern polar coordinates reaches
orbital midday,the Southern coordinate reaches orbital midnight in their
yearly trek in a circle as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth.

I cannot imagine why anyone would,at least now with 21st century imaging,
choose to ignore the orbital component which must be considered a surface
rotation but then again the same gorgeous moon out there is looked upon by
strange people who see it rotating as well as orbiting.

People must have no pride whatsoever.
====================================
I'm proud to say the Moon is between Libra and Sagittarius, and in two weeks
it will be between Aquarius and Pisces. I'm proud to say it rotates so that
it turns its back on opposite constellations. Kelleher must have no brain
whatsoever.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Old June 12th 14, 10:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Having watched the means by which plate tectonics made it into mainstream circulation ,it is extremely gratifying to realize that a conversation on the Earth's dual surface rotations to the central Sun will,in due course, be explained in normal language and in a very normal way. The dismaying part is that even though the main mechanism for plate tectonics and simultaneously the 26 mile spherical deviation is drawn down from the straightforward behavior of rotating celestial objects with exposed viscous compositions (differential rotation between latitudes),this too suffers from the same lack of traction as the dual surface rotations even though it too will make it into mainstream circulation in a bungled way.

With the approaching Solstice,observers should look at the time lapse footage of Uranus and its dual surface rotations to the central Sun as a means to inform students of the usefulness of 21st century perspectives and the imaging that supports it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612gSZsplpE

Old June 12th 14, 11:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles[_3_]

"oriel36" wrote in message

Having watched the means by which plate tectonics

The Moon rotates on its own axis, you bungling stupid thug with no pride.

-- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway