What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

Old September 14th 07, 05:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
gb6726

Default What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

On Sep 13, 10:00 am, BradGuth wrote:
On Sep 13, 8:41 am, " wrote:

If one were to look up the sky hundreds, thousands of years ago in the
night, he would see a clear view to the Milky Way, and not just a few
stars.

The first question one may ask: Is there life out there?

How about, God save us all if there isn't.

Of course there is. Only 5 years ago people were offended if someone
was to suggest there are planets out there. There is a chance though
that life on Earth is a result of an accident. Mutation, how does it
start?

Now thousands of planets are seen, our solar system is not unique.

The less unique we go, the more similarities we find. Even planets
with
water were discovered. If temperatures are fine, and it appears there
are millions of planets like ours where water is there, we may find
not one but millions of places with life. Even billions, some more
advanced becomes very likely statistically.

Now the good question. Why don't we see them? Why don't we
find radio signals with life, with messages?

It may appear that one of life's rules is that interfering with alien
cultures
may not be allowed. Star Trek had series not interfering with less
civilized
cultures. Planets are found and telescopes are getting double
sharpness
every decade. Could aliens find life on Earth using telescopes a 1000
times
sharper than the Hubble? Finding life is very hard. TV broadcasts
don't go
very far, when transmitted on the radio our solar system may receive
those
signals. We imagine aliens from horror movies. Many science fictions
described that aliens would die as they are not susceptible to the
bacteria
and microbes on Earth. On the other hand there may be life, but to
reach
intelligence is another thing. Our second species, the Neanderthals
died
out before arriving to the industrial age. There was a dinosaur 60
million
years ago that was 5 million years from reaching intelligence. Then
they
say a meteor wiped dinosaurs out. Then there are the intelligent
species
like us. What ensures that we won't die out? Technology in the hands
of crazy people will surely cause harm. Nanotechnology is coming.
Viruses are manipulated. Mini-black holes are created in labs without
anybody having a clear theory to black holes. Scientists showed that
the
magnetic fields of jets don't even correspond to black hole theories,
yet
mini black holes are made. We may be wiped out and not even realize
it.
Just now it was found that salty water can be ignited on fire if
exposed to
a radio wave as hydrogen is released. Not even much energy is needed
to separate water molecules. Like Bush, everybody is obsessed with
their
beliefs.

Life was quiet during the ice age 30-40 thousand years ago, simple
tribes
lived on Earth and did simple hunting. You may be right, that now
technology
may be out to harm us, that people are ever more locked into their
homes
and everybody is up to something, that the once 'people got along' is
now
all gone and for example 80-90 percent of Arabs think negatively of
Americans while in the past people got along regardless of politics.
Well, Bush did that, **** him.

I say aliens should come if they are around. We will continue living
in a
horror film, in a sense disgusted and there would be Western Film
scenarios,
shooting from panick and stuff and finding ourselves living in the war
of the
worlds, as these aliens will want to stay, but they only like ice and
cold,
and they can freeze the planet to an Antarctica style place without
viruses
and bacteria.

Old September 14th 07, 05:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
gb6726

Another ignorant comment from the "mass mentalities of Europe and
elsewhere."

I have long figured out Americans are aliens, sorry, for real as in a
sci fi
scenario. I know there is a history of Europeans arriving to this
continent
and forming a country and if following history, it all seems human.
But
I have discovered it that human is not around, that a deep
inberidested
alien invasion took place imberidested. Imberidestu. I know about the
USA.

Old September 14th 07, 05:42 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
gb6726

I tried out of the box thinking, and said I can build a perpetum
mobile if
I take a system that is proven not to work as a perpetual mobile and
mix it with another independent system with different properties such
as pressure, temperature, and I said: then we should be able to do
perpetual mobile, but my out of the box thought experiment did not
work
and my ideas did not result in a perpetual motion machine.

To have an out of the box mentality, the box that does not work can
be made to work. Now computers were like that, there out of the
box thinking brought miracles in making the box do incredible things.

Still a box of preference is needed. I did not find a box yet that I
can muster into miracles where I am the box master, and the box
is mine, mine, it can even fly anywhere I want. I know in some
cultures people fly on carpets. Mine even has heating and air
conditioning. I say where it should go and it takes me.

Old September 14th 07, 05:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
gb6726

On Sep 13, 7:49 pm, "Scott Hedrick" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

In Europe and elsewhere people don't like American mass mentalities in
2007.

That's collective European guilt.

America is actually taking on Europe's responsibilities around the world,
instead of simply talking about them.

Bosnia was in Europe's own back yard, and you did *nothing*. It took NATO-
that is, the United States, to actually do anything.

Europe actually *encouraged* the growth of violent Islamist groups by
tolerating their actions, some of which was generated as a direct result of
how Europeans divided the Middle East, and now the United States has to
clean up the mess.

I'd give a **** about Europe's opinion if Europe had clean hands. It was,
after all, *France, Germany and Russia* that were actively violating the
economic sanctions against Iraq, as documents found by the US shows.

Europe need to talk less and act a lot more.

You should laugh a bit more, suck your long mustache deep and show off
with your talent on Jerry Springer as a man who sucking of his
mustache
bothers a dinky wipe manufacturer's lesbian husband's mother who also
has a weird long mustache and she sues for individuality. Yes her
mustache
is kept inside her mouth during the show and cockroaches are coming
out from the corner of her mouth.

Old September 14th 07, 02:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 13, 7:34 pm, mike3 wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:08 pm, BradGuth wrote:
BTW, how would you survive a interstellar migration while onboard a
rogue planet or moon, without benefit of a thick layer of ice or
without salt?
- Brad Guth

Do you think that's any harder than surviving on Venus? No organic
lifeform of any great complexity can survive on Venus, period. End of
story. If you want a machine or artificial lifeform to survive there,
then surely it could also be made to survive the interstellar trip.
Ergo,
the Venus thing is more or less moot.

Your topic avoidance, exclusion of evidence and supreme all-knowing
naysayism as proof-positive that your faith-based terrestrial physics
do not function off-world is noted. Thank you very much.
- Brad Guth -

Old September 14th 07, 02:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 13, 7:50 pm, mike3 wrote:
Well in the Western world, it seems extreme fundamentalist
Christianity is a fairly big one. Fundamentalist Christians
include George Bush and those who helped him get in power.
1-10? 6, maybe 7. 10 goes to the big megacorporations, who
worship the "almighty dollar" as their object of "faith" and their
"religion". This includes companies like Halliburton, Exxon-Mobil,
Microsoft, and others.

You've got my support, and then some. Too bad that the world has to
continually suffer the consequences of our actions because we can't
manage to police our own kind, much less of others running amuck.

Not sure about the Eastern world, but again, fundamentalist
groups like Islamic radicals probably would go there. Fundamentalism
seems to have a habit of getting into power.

The most powerful of those fundamentalism groups is essentially those
pesky Yids and of their Zion intent to dominate over all that
matters. It's how the likes of their Hitler and GW Bush puppets got
away with causing so much collateral damage and carnage of the
innocent, and it's what's keeping too much of the truth about history,
our moon, Venus and other related matters out of sight.
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth -

Old September 14th 07, 02:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 13, 7:53 pm, mike3 wrote:
On Aug 23, 1:54 pm, BradGuth wrote:
I have no arguments against any of that. Of Venus originated/evolved
life may in fact be highly complex, as I'd said being extensively
exoskeletal comes into mind.

How does that solve the fundamental problem of molecular
composition and properties, anyway?

If natural progression of evolution is not entirely doable without a
little outside help, then along with energy is where most anything
becomes possible, and lo and behold Venus has way more than its fair
share of renewable energy to spare, so at least that doesn't have to
be imported.

Therefore, how exactly are the intelligent forms of life on Venus
getting around those pesky thermal issues?

Being exoskeletal should help, though otherwise using the likes of
Ovgloves and good old artificial heat exchanging via compressed CO2,
as otherwise their beer would never be icy cold, but at least their
pizza would always cook really fast, and whatever outside ovens would
always self-clean by just opening the door.

Habitat insulation of as great as R-1024/meter is most certainly
doable, although even as little as R-256/m should more than do the
trick.

A rigid composite airship with an insulated outer shell of as great as
R-1024 seems perfectly manageable, and of processing CO2--co/o2 isn't
the least bit of any problem as long as you have such an unlimited
wealth of local energy to burn (sort of speak).

BTW, there's no shortage of pure h2o, as easily extracted from those
relatively acidic though otherwise cool nighttime clouds, if not
directly taken from those active geothermal mud flows.
- Brad Guth -

Old September 14th 07, 03:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
Fred J. McCall

gb6726 wrote:
:
:Of course there is. Only 5 years ago people were offended if someone
:was to suggest there are planets out there.
:

On what planet? Certainly not this one...

only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old September 14th 07, 04:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Sep 13, 7:56 pm, mike3 wrote:
On Aug 23, 1:46 pm, BradGuth wrote:

On Aug 22, 5:29 pm, mike3 wrote:
On Aug 4, 6:21 am, BradGuth wrote:
On Aug 3, 9:43 pm, mike3 wrote:
On Jul 6, 3:12 pm, BradGuth wrote:
snip massive posting

Your whole thing is based on a flawed assumption you made
about my case. You thought I didn't think extraterrestrial
life/intelligence could exist. I did not say that at all. Rather I
simply pointed out errors or places where your case was
found wanting.

I want lots of things to happen, especially on behalf of whatever's so
nearby as Venus.

Heh. I think I meant that the case had some deficiency in logic
or facts.

Lack of logic or facts is what got us into Iraq, and obviously you and
others of your kind have no moral problems with any of that.

Oh I have all sorts of problems with it and I've offed pretty much
all the "others of my kind".

I have LOTS AND LOTS OF PROBLEMS with Bush and America's
policy in general towards the world and it's people.

I've never thought Bush was a good guy.

We can certainly 100% agree on that, and perhaps technically we can
agree on Venus being doable as long as your intelligence level is a
little smarter than a hot rock.

Well obviously we can't argue againt that analogy, can we. Although,
many of your kind think that America should be in charge of all global
energy that's fossil or yellowcake, even if it's unproven that such
energy reserves are going to ever be utilized against us.

I do not think anything of the sort. I think America is doing a bad,
bad thing.

Terribly sorry about all that, as some how I've goten the silly
impression that you and others of your kind very much like the past
and present exactly as it is, and that's because you can't find
anything the least bit wrong with our fully perpetrated cold-war(s),
with our NASA or that of their Apollo fiasco, that which oddly can't
be replicated because it's all based upon hocus-pocus crapolla physics
that oddly most accept as being the worsd of God.

Are you suggesting that you and I can fully agree that our government
and of their religious (mostly Jewish) puppeteers has lied to us, more
than a few times perhaps?

Why are you into excluding the off-world use of those regular laws of
physics?

On the contrary, I'm assuming those laws hold universally. Note
my argument was based off thermodynamics.

OK, then where's the insurmountable thermodynamics problem of fending
off that toasty environment and/or getting rid of a little personal
heat?

However, keep in mind that cold-blooded exoskeletal folks that don't
hardly sweat (inside or out) may not require all that much heat
exchanging.
- Brad Guth -

Old September 14th 07, 04:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

That's all very true and perfectly good news to share and share alike,
that ETs do exist in more ways and places than we might think to look.

However, much of your usenet text format sucks. Take a look at it
using GOOGLE.
- Brad Guth -