Did NASA Accidentally 'Nuke' Jupiter?

Old November 9th 03, 03:53 AM
Glenn W. Cooper

Default Did NASA Accidentally 'Nuke' Jupiter?

"Fred Garvin"
wrote in message ...
You must be a troll, Michael actually is one of the few people here that
actually LEARNED something when they went to school. Unlike most of the
other asshats that post their nonsense here.

What a shame he didn't learn any manners ...

"Formal education is a system of imposed ignorance." - Noam Chomsky.

GC.

Old November 9th 03, 01:59 PM
username

"JimO" wrote in message
.. .
Did NASA Accidentally 'Nuke' Jupiter?
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NukingJupiter.html

This allegation is from the well-known 'Face on Mars' guy
with a bizarre record of claims... so what's the fatal flaw in THIS idea?
None of his other wild-eyed ideas on his home page stand up to the
harsh realities of genuine space flight, but you know what they say
about a broken watch [grin!]. Enjoy! He's NOT joking (I don't think so).
Nor -- based on his track record -- do I think he's right for the first
time.

this (dutch) website even claims that Jupiter will ignite to become a second
sun:
http://www.astrostart.nl/

Old November 9th 03, 04:21 PM
The_Sage

Reply to article by: "onegod"
Date written: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 01:38:54 GMT

Nuclear reaction always happens even in your body.

Not runaway nuclear reactions.

And chances are huge
planet such as jupiter are frequently banbarded with asteroid etc which are
probably megaton bomb and cause some huge increase in nuclear reactions.

But no runaway nuclear reactions. There is a huge difference between a nuclear
reaction and a runaway nuclear reaction. Learn the difference. Jupiter doesn't
have the necessary requirements for either a runaway nuclear reaction or a
sustained nuclear reaction.

The Sage

My Home Page : http://members.cox.net/the.sage

"The biggest problem in the world, could have been solved
when it was small..." -- Lao Tzu
Old November 9th 03, 04:22 PM
The_Sage

Reply to article by: "username" e-mail@adress
Date written: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 14:59:58 +0100

This allegation is from the well-known 'Face on Mars' guy
with a bizarre record of claims... so what's the fatal flaw in THIS idea?
None of his other wild-eyed ideas on his home page stand up to the
harsh realities of genuine space flight, but you know what they say
about a broken watch [grin!]. Enjoy! He's NOT joking (I don't think so).
Nor -- based on his track record -- do I think he's right for the first
time.

this (dutch) website even claims that Jupiter will ignite to become a second
sun:
http://www.astrostart.nl/

Jupiter is 80 times too small to become a star, much less even a brown drawf.

Old November 9th 03, 07:13 PM
Brett Buck

username wrote:

this (dutch) website even claims that Jupiter will ignite to become a second
sun:
http://www.astrostart.nl/

Cool!

Brett

Old November 9th 03, 09:06 PM
Alain Fournier

Fred Garvin wrote:

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 08:59:58 -0500, username wrote:

"JimO" wrote in message

Did NASA Accidentally 'Nuke' Jupiter?
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NukingJupiter.html

This allegation is from the well-known 'Face on Mars' guy with a bizarre
record of claims... so what's the fatal flaw in THIS idea? None of his
other wild-eyed ideas on his home page stand up to the harsh realities
of genuine space flight, but you know what they say about a broken watch
[grin!]. Enjoy! He's NOT joking (I don't think so). Nor -- based on his
track record -- do I think he's right for the first time.

this (dutch) website even claims that Jupiter will ignite to become a
second sun:
http://www.astrostart.nl/

Yeah, that was a lot of help to those of us who don't read their language.

Useless to most of us.

Don't worry. It is useless to those who can read it too.

Alain Fournier

Old November 10th 03, 07:29 AM
username

"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 08:59:58 -0500, username wrote:

"JimO" wrote in message
.. .
Did NASA Accidentally 'Nuke' Jupiter?
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NukingJupiter.html

This allegation is from the well-known 'Face on Mars' guy with a

bizarre
record of claims... so what's the fatal flaw in THIS idea? None of his
other wild-eyed ideas on his home page stand up to the harsh realities
of genuine space flight, but you know what they say about a broken

watch
[grin!]. Enjoy! He's NOT joking (I don't think so). Nor -- based on his
track record -- do I think he's right for the first time.

this (dutch) website even claims that Jupiter will ignite to become a
second sun:
http://www.astrostart.nl/

Yeah, that was a lot of help to those of us who don't read their language.

thank you fred, for your valueable contribution to this thread.....
by the way: did you notice that I mentioned that the website was dutch?

Useless to most of us.

thanks

Old November 10th 03, 11:52 AM
Paul Blay

*follow-ups snipped*

"Fred Garvin" wrote ...
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:29:00 -0500, username wrote:

"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 08:59:58 -0500, username wrote:

this (dutch) website even claims that Jupiter will ignite to become a
second sun:
http://www.astrostart.nl/

Yeah, that was a lot of help to those of us who don't read their
language.

thank you fred, for your valueable contribution to this thread..... by
the way: did you notice that I mentioned that the website was dutch?

Why, yes I did genius. Your point? Do you only want people who read
Dutch to see it? Kind of stupid don't you think?

Maybe he realises that anybody with half a brain cell can find and use
babble-fish and similar services.
Old November 10th 03, 09:01 PM
username

"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:29:00 -0500, username wrote:

"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 08:59:58 -0500, username wrote:

"JimO" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

that's why I also mentioned in my posting the conclusion (in english!)
reached on that dutch page

Useless to most of us.

thanks

No sweat.

obviously.

Old November 11th 03, 04:09 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 06:52:34 -0500, Paul Blay wrote:

Why, yes I did genius. Your point? Do you only want people who read
Dutch to see it? Kind of stupid don't you think?

Maybe he realises that anybody with half a brain cell can find and use
babble-fish and similar services.

Maybe some of us don't deem it worthwhile to waste our time running it
through a ****ing translator.

Of course not. Your time posting here complaining is obviously better
spent.