Lunar Hotel link

Old November 8th 03, 10:25 PM
Brad Guth

Default Lunar Hotel link

This may be getting some folks a wee bit off topic from your focus, or
that of my focus upon Venus life (lizard folk and all), but according
to some fairly recent feedback, I've learned a thing or two about our
nasty moon, as a place that I believe we've needed to establish a
lunar space elevator in order to be getting ourselves off to visiting
the wizard of Oz at Venus L2, as well as for reaching out to those
irradiated to death snowman/snowwoman on Mars:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-cm-ccm-01.htm

Here's a little typical feedback of supposed facts from: Jay Windley
)
"High-energy cosmic rays do not come from the sun. They come from
outside the solar system, and our sun is the primary defense against
them. The particles released by the sun itself are of considerably
lower energy and thus their secondary effects in the ambient are
minimal."

http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-moon-radiation.htm

Fortunately, I never specified upon any specific "high-energy cosmic
rays", just pointing out that our sun is certainly capable of tossing
out its fair share of far worse things than visible photons plus IR
worth of BTUs and of those nasty UVs. Obviously a supernova is worth a
thousand fold in terms of being nasty, thereby from the far off
generated galactic influx must offer a measurable degree of such, and
of the secondary radiation given off by all that infamous clumping
lunar dirt should become a fairly darn good indicator.

The assertions or premise offered by the likes of Jay Windley, that of
not only lacking an atmosphere but also without a Van Allen buffer
zone is not such a bad thing if you're out and about on the lunar
surface, seems somewhat risky if not downright lethal. I might have
come into that understanding if we're referring to an earthshine
illuminated lunar surface, but not so far if that's of any fully solar
illuminated environment while wearing a moon suit because, we're not
talking about avoiding a 270 nm UV sun burn.

Sorry about all my reverse engineering logic, or lack thereof. I was
simply trying to establish upon the amount of solar radiation that
becomes hard X-Ray class.

"High-energy cosmic rays do not come from the sun"

Do we suppose that happens to include the likes of the last couple of
weeks of solar flak?

Seems there should be some specific knowledge (excluding Apollo) of
what's what pertaining to the solar illuminated surface as opposed to
the absolute lunar nighttime environment and, of something specific
pertaining to whatever earthshine contributes.

This is somewhat like my getting a grasp upon the applied energy
(thrust) involved in accelerating something the size and mass of the
moon.

As feedback provided from: Ami Silberman )

"The mechanisms for the lunar recession have been well understood for
decades. In a nutshell, tides cause friction between the oceans and
the ocean floors, which transfers energy from the solid part of the
earth to the oceans. One of the effects of this friction is that the
tidal bulge is off-center, and is located "eastward" of the moon. (So
the high tide actually occurs when the moon is west of overhead.) The
result of the tidal bulge being off center is that there is a torgue
effect placed on the moon, and this in turn transfers energy from the
earth to the moon. The earth's spin rate slows, the moon is speeded in
its orbit and therefor moves further away from the earth. (This
transfer of energy is essentially a transfer of angular momentum,
which is a conserved quantity.) The historical (over geological eras)
rate of recession has varied due to varying amounts of tidal friction
due to shallower or deeper oceans, and the positions of the
continents."

For the benefit of all my loyal critics, I've conceded that there's a
darn good chance that the likes of Tim Thompson has more than a few
valid points as to his version of what's what. This following page is
just another example of my learning from the pros, of accepting other
input, which may even including the likes of what you've just
presented, that I'd not be calling flak, as there actually seems to be
some considerable worth to at least Tim's version of the lunar
recession, if I don't say so myself.
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/earth-moon-energy.htm

Regards, Brad Guth / IEIS~GASA http://guthvenus.tripod.com
Old November 19th 03, 07:46 PM
Brad Guth

(Henry Spencer) wrote in message ...
In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:
I disagree somewhat with his comments on cooling.
At anywhere near current launch prices, having a technitian spending a
week examining each item and adding slightly bigger heatsinks or fans
is not a problem.

Nobody is going to build a lunar hotel or a space colony at anywhere near
current launch prices.

How true about the NOT "anywhere near current launch prices", as I'll
agree that the American cost of doing just about anything is simply
outrageous in comparison to almost anyone else. Now that the Chinese
have come online for not one cent on the dollar, chances are that of
at least of their robotic delivery of just about anything you can
think of could be accomplished at as little as $10/kg, that is if you
pulled out all the spendy PR and infomercial aspects, eliminated all
the "do absolutely nothing" and/or "cloak and dagger" sorts of
nondisclosure folks that our NASA insist upon employing at horrific
lifetime investments, not to mention the absurdity of per individual
outfitting investments, plus layers of the old guard cult (NSA/DoD)
infrastructure and spendy accommodations surrounding nearly everyone
of these folks.

Getting real about "robotic deliveries" is getting real about
establishing the LSE, as well as the LSE-CM/ISS and of the associated
lobby and/or whatever hotel, along with a fleet of those LM-1 metro
transporters powered by IC diesel like engines having their H2O2
injected in much the same manner as for their diesel fuel.
Fortunately, robotic missions are basically immune to most otherwise
lethal radiation issues (not to mention micro and/or not so micro
meteorite issues), their efficiency per volume as well as per kg is
likely to cost all but 1% of doing just about anything involving a
human life.

Robotic deliveries can and should have long ago managed dozens of
lunar interactive instruments, including the VLA/SAR technology, by
now accommodating hundreds of tonnes of machinery, fuel/oxidisers and
various chemical binders, eventually taking advantage of a relatively
safer environment of commissioning their assembly via earthshine, of
subsequently assembling those previously delivered components into the
sorts of operational technological capability necessary for gathering
and processing local basalt into those terrific fibers and
microspheres, a process that will subsequently enable nearly all the
remaining fabrication that's necessary for creating the LSE tethers as
well as the CM/ISS and CCM spheres, plus those horrific flywheels,
plus whatever else is required of the dipole element extensions.

True; there's not a scrap of lunar lander technology that we have to
offer that'll make for any of this challenge any easier than it is.
Thus an effort by others (obviously smarter than us) as to getting
those 10+t payloads down onto the lunar surface may press our worldly
technologies and expertise resources to the max, though if some idiot
like Zubrin is going to Mars, we'll obviously have to become
proficient at managing those 25+t payload deposits onto a surface
pulling at twice the force, thereby taking nearly 4 times the energy
unless delivery debris and subsequent artificial crater analogy is
their objective.

Once the basic LSE-CM/ISS becomes operational, then all sorts of folks
could work a lifetime of achieving what could otherwise only be
affordably accommodated at near zero gravity as well as for being as
near to absolute vacuum that's obtainable to our existing level of
human involved space exploration. The unique tethered gravity-well
null environment of EM-L1 (energy core of counter-rotating flywheels
that's storing and distributing energy) is offering something that no
other recorded planet/moon has. Best of all, ours is right nearby, to
being safely utilized without the added impact of a horrific particle
surround of the Van Allen zone of death which represents multiple
times the TBI dosage of what even the solar illuminated lunar surface
creates.

As gateways to just about anywhere (including Earth) could exist, our
moon offering the mutual gravity-well opportunity is truly unique and
begging to being pressed into service, especially with all the
essential Earth sciences demanding raw data, some of which an only be
obtained from the lunar and/or LSE-CM/ISS perspective. The most recent
NOVA produced infomercial pertaining to Earth's magnetic core shifting
rapidly, and as such drastically affecting the magnetosphere that's
offering a substantial degree of radiation shield and/or deflection,
seems only to further beg for our having better options than we
currently have.

Unlike Venus, Earth's atmosphere isn't worth squat, as it's not going
to be sufficient to stop the gauntlet of solar and cosmic flak from
nailing our hides to the wall. Though if a sufficient degree of
greenhouse can be expedited along, possibly with placing 50% of our
oceans suspended into the atmosphere, along with a heavy degree of
sulphur and CO2 content, could introduce a form of artificial
electrolytic shield, that along with our advancing greenhouse survival
technology could permit at least those rich and powerful enough to
survive without benefit of the unified magnetic sphere. Though
managing life on Venus, as hot and nasty as even their season of
nighttime still is, could actually become less difficult.

Placing our moon into a rather unique opportunity of salvation for the
human race, by the LSE-CM/ISS accommodating an affordable pitstop at
the Guth Moon Dirt Express (GMDE) depot, as for taking on the required
tonnage of basalt moon dirt and rock for missions to planets like
Venus and even frozen an irradiated to death Mars, as those
expeditions will be in demand of a great deal of physical as well as
radiation shielding, as well as for obtaining other invaluable
elements necessary for those EMPD thrusters. Oddly, all of this seems
to fit quite nicely into the realm of rational possibilities for what
our moon and of the LSE-CM/ISS has to offer.

In addition to all the above, the investment into the LSE-CM/ISS
offers absolutely invaluable Earth defenses as a rather terrific laser
cannon outpost, including all the energy to operate them, plus
numerous energy benefits for Earth, along with all those capabilities
of utilizing our moon for the other good and meaningful humanitarian
as well as potentially lizardtarian benefits.

For your continuing entertainment sake, plus on behalf of those coming
into this topic without benefit of nearly three years worth of my
efforts, I've added another infomercial page (GV-LM-1) and edited upon
a couple of others.

If I were to be suggesting upon the sorts of wild and crazy things, as
if this is what makes your life worth living, especially if those were
to be of the sorts of horrifically spendy and somewhat lethal agendas
like the Mars or bust and ESE fiasco, in that case I've got lots other
to say about utilizing the moon as well as Venus.
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-lm-1.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-cm-ccm-01.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/space-radiation-103.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/earth-moon-energy.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-lse-energy.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/vl2-iss-joke.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-illumination.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/moon-sar.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-town.htm
plus a few dozen other pages, with more on their way.