ASTRO: Moon over Cheyenne Mountain

Old January 8th 07, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Default ASTRO: Moon over Cheyenne Mountain

No opportunity to use my telescope this winter but the moon was hanging over
the mountain this morning so I got a shot with my D70 and 200mm.

It you are interested, I posted some images of the Nebraska Ice Storm at:

http://www.wheeland.us/ne_ice.htm

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mnt_moon_crop.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	315
Old January 9th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Like George I hate ice storms. I had all my film shots, negatives and
most prints and slides, in a storage space on the second floor of the
house when an ice storm on Halloween felled a huge limb of an oak that
fell through that part of the roof. I lost nearly everything,
negatives, slides and prints, a total loss. Took me 15 years to get
back to imaging again, this time digital media I can (and do) store in
more than one place!

And yes it was a Nebraska ice storm, Lincoln that time.

See the new comet, it is easy naked eye I'm told. I have clear skies
except for the bottom 20 degrees to the west It is behind
neighbor's trees from the observatory so no photos even if it was clear.
Only way to see it is from the ice on the lake which is still pretty
thin. Though we finally are getting cold so by tomorrow night it should
be safe enough.

Rick

Old January 9th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kevin M. Vernon[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote in message
. ..
No opportunity to use my telescope this winter but the moon was hanging
over the mountain this morning so I got a shot with my D70 and 200mm.

It you are interested, I posted some images of the Nebraska Ice Storm at:

http://www.wheeland.us/ne_ice.htm

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
--

Gorgeous!!! Geeze - you can't even tell the mountain's hollow, from there.

-Kevin in Indy

Old January 12th 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote
No opportunity to use my telescope this winter but the moon was hanging
over the mountain this morning so I got a shot with my D70 and 200mm.

That's a beautiful picture Doug!

There's not been many clear nights here either, but then I have almost no
images from January over the past 13 years of CCD'ing. In New York January
is the best month of the year for "arm-chair astronomy" and fiddling with
telescope equipment on the work bench.

George N

Old January 13th 07, 03:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Doug,

very nice scenic view of the moon. And I like the frozen apples.

Stefan

. ..