It's official: Enterprise jumps the shark

Old November 25th 03, 09:52 PM
Pat Flannery

Default It's official: Enterprise jumps the shark

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Pat (using Agonizer on self)

Stop that, you're enjoying yourself too much.

I want a "Captain's Woman"! And a goatee! No, not a sheepee- a goatee!

Pat
The Empire

Old November 25th 03, 10:27 PM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

It says something about us Oklahomans that, despite being in the middle of
tornado alley, very few post-WWII houses have basements...
(Remembering spring evenings spent huddled under the dining room table.)

Here in Jamestown, North Dakota the post-war housing boom led to
something very strange; people had their basements built first, and
roofed over...they lived in these until the house proper could be built
on top of the basement; I used to have some photos showing what my
neighborhood (all new-build houses) looked like circa 1950; it would
have done credit to the The Siegfried Line, with what looked like row
upon row of concrete bunkers set in the ground.
Very, very strange.
The end result though were houses with quite well equipped basements;
you might have a bathroom in your basement- but how about a kitchen and
bedroom?
Our house was apparently not built this way, unless living conditions
were far more spartan than my parents were letting on, as our basement
didn't have _any_ toilet facilities in it....

Pat

Old November 26th 03, 07:11 AM
OM

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:52:44 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I want a "Captain's Woman"! And a goatee! No, not a sheepee- a goatee!

....This coming from the man who was once taken to the local ER after a
Tribble-stuffing "incident".

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 26th 03, 07:09 PM
MSu1049321

It says something about us Oklahomans that, despite being in the middle of
tornado alley, very few post-WWII houses have basements...

that they are slow learners?;-)
Old November 26th 03, 08:20 PM
Jon Acheson

Ami Silberman wrote:

[...]

My grandparents did the same thing out in Washington state at the same time.

Twice, actually.

Jon Acheson
Old November 26th 03, 11:38 PM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...This coming from the man who was once taken to the local ER after a
Tribble-stuffing "incident".

Nope, the Tribble wouldn't go near there...it was worried that it run
into cling-ons.
(God, what a set-up. Thanks, OM)

Pat