How would we know Herbert Dingle was right or wrong?

Old January 31st 12, 09:30 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Koobee Wublee

Default How would we know Herbert Dingle was right or wrong?

On Jan 30, 7:38 pm, extreme crank shuba wrote:

Time dilation results from comparing elapsed coordinate time and
elapsed proper time.

Referencing the following equation where there is one observer and on
observed,

** dTau^2 = u_00 dt^2 – SUM(SUM(u_ij g_ij dq^i dq^j)) / c^2

Where

** i = 1 to 3, j = 1 to 3

** t, q^1, q^2, q^3 = Observer’s coordinate system

** Tau = Local time at the observed

** SUM(SUM(g_ij dq^i dq^j)) = Segment of flat space as observed by
the observer

** u_00 = Time flow rate scale factor of the observed relative to the
observer

** SUM(SUM(u_ij g_ij dq^i dq^j)) = Local curved space at the observed
if using the observer’s coordinate system to describe it

Thus, your definition of the proper time is only the time flow at the
observed, and your coordinate time is the observer’s own rate of time
flow. For instance, if u_00 1, the local time flow rate at the
observed is slower than the one observing it. If you don’t agree,
where do you not agree? shrug

If you had the slightest idea how to apply
"simple maths" to simple physics, you wouldn't have to wonder.

Let’s see if timid shuba does. shrug

The mathematics and physics are analogous to rotations in a plane.
Imagine a stick along the x-axis, project its length onto an
arbitrary x'-axis given by a rotation from the x-axis, and compare
the projected length with the original length. Then write relevant
equations in standard trigonometric form, including the y and y'
axes and the rotation angle.

This issue is not about projection of rulers. According to the
mathematics, it is about comparing in a relative sense of different
time flow rate. shrug

[rest of gross ignorance snipped]

Timid shuba needs to learn better physics instead of relying on
occult. Here is another score for the Orwellian concept of
relativity. shrug

** FAITH IS LOGIC
** LYING IS TEACHING
** NITWIT IS GENIUS