Pluto retrograde 2013

Old February 24th 14, 01:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Default Pluto retrograde 2013

Gents,

I apologize for the forthcoming spamming by our favourite twisted puppy here on s.a.a. but I should have a retrograde result available this year and involving Pluto from late 2013.

I have tried to pursue such a project a number of times and only to have the weather mess things up. I was quite fortunate to have really good conditions during the latter part of 2013 to pursue and complete Pluto going retrograde, stationary and then direct.

Unfortunately, here we go with an onslaught of spam by oriel?! :-(

Anthony.
Old February 24th 14, 01:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anthony Ayiomamitis[_1_]

Τη Δευτ*ρα, 24 Φεβρουαρίου 2014 3:22:25 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Anthony Ayiomamitis *γραψε:
Gents,

I apologize for the forthcoming spamming by our favourite twisted puppy here on s.a.a. but I should have a retrograde result available this year and involving Pluto from late 2013.

I have tried to pursue such a project a number of times and only to have the weather mess things up. I was quite fortunate to have really good conditions during the latter part of 2013 to pursue and complete Pluto going retrograde, stationary and then direct.

Unfortunately, here we go with an onslaught of spam by oriel?! :-(

Anthony.

.... available this week and not available this year as noted above.

Anthony.
Old February 24th 14, 02:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Marty[_3_]

On Monday, February 24, 2014 7:22:25 AM UTC-6, Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
Gents,

I apologize for the forthcoming spamming by our favourite twisted puppy here on s.a.a. but I should have a retrograde result available this year and involving Pluto from late 2013.

I have tried to pursue such a project a number of times and only to have the weather mess things up. I was quite fortunate to have really good conditions during the latter part of 2013 to pursue and complete Pluto going retrograde, stationary and then direct.

Unfortunately, here we go with an onslaught of spam by oriel?! :-(

Anthony.

Looking forward to it Anthony! (Sounds like another potential APOD!) Glad you haven't been chased out!
Marty

Old February 24th 14, 02:10 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Monday, February 24, 2014 1:22:25 PM UTC, Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:
Gents,

I apologize for the forthcoming spamming

No bother ,your wandering Sun analemma was spamming of the highest order given that the ancient Greeks designated the direct motion of the Sun through the constellations as opposed to the wandering/retrograde motion of the planets -

"Moreover, we see the other five planets also retrograde at times, and stationary at either end [of the regression]. And whereas the sun always advances along its own direct path, they wander in various ways, straying sometimes to the south and sometimes to the north; that is why they are called "planets" [wanderers]. " Copernicus

I have tried to pursue such a project a number of times and only to have the weather mess things up. I was quite fortunate to have really good conditions during the latter part of 2013 to pursue and complete Pluto going retrograde, stationary and then direct.

Another talentless astrophotographer trying to pass himself off as an astronomer despite the magnificent Greek astronomical heritage.

Unfortunately, here we go with an onslaught of spam by oriel?! :-(

Anthony.

Tell me all about your wandering Sun and how the motions of the Earth explain it !!!.
Old February 24th 14, 06:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Old February 24th 14, 06:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Monday, February 24, 2014 1:26:43 PM UTC, Anthony Ayiomamitis wrote:

... available this week and not available this year as noted above.

Anthony.

I will tell you what is twisted - I gave you permission to use your 'analemmas' as a cautionary lesson for future generations but you may the dumbest person ever to visit this forum by continuing to gloat about the astronomical equivalent of the Piltdown man skull -

http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-Solar-Analemma.htm

People have moved on from that analemma joke Ayiomamitis,they now are firmly in the flow of information of the Sun's apparent motion through the constellations or the more productive apparent motion of the stars behind the central Sun -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

They may even be surprised how far they have advanced in positional and structural astronomy from that homocentric junk you were pushing.They can enjoy how the genuine Greek astronomers noted the orbital periods of the Sun through the constellations along the planets hence Copernicus switched the position of the Sun apparent annual motion with the Earth's -

Argument 10

" The 10th argument,taken from the periodic times, is as follows; the apparent movement of the Sun has 365 days which is the mean measure between Venus' period of 225 days and Mars' period of 687 days.Therefore does not the nature of things shout out loud that the circuits in which those 365 days are taken up has a mean position between the circuits of Mars and Venus around the Sun and thus this is not the circuit of the Sun around the Earth -for none of the primary planets has its orbit arranged around the Earth,as Brahe admits,but the
circuit of the Earth around the resting Sun,just as the other planets,namely Mars and Venus,complete their own periods by running around the Sun." Kepler

You have come back to a forum that is no longer over-populated and burdened with 'boys and their magnification toys' and apart from a few hopeless cases ( not Alsing,Collins ect who are fine), they are in no mood for your comical wandering Sun and using the Earth's motions to explain your daily figure '8' jig.

Old February 24th 14, 10:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_3_]

On Monday, February 24, 2014 1:50:45 PM UTC-5, oriel36 wrote:
[...]

Get outa here, Gerald.
Old February 25th 14, 12:08 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, February 24, 2014 10:50:45 AM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

I will tell you what is twisted -

Folks here are perfectly capable of knowing what is twisted around here...

People have moved on from that analemma joke Ayiomamitis,they now are firmly in the flow of information of the Sun's apparent motion through the constellations or the more productive apparent motion of the stars behind the central Sun...

Are you saying that you finally understand that the Sun has apparent motion through the constellations over the course of a year, but you still don't understand how the Sun can apparently move higher and lower in the sky from one season to another, or fall slightly behind or slightly ahead of the meridian at various times of the year?

You have come back to a forum that is no longer over-populated and burdened with 'boys and their magnification toys' and apart from a few hopeless cases ( not Alsing,Collins ect who are fine), they are in no mood for your comical wandering Sun and using the Earth's motions to explain your daily figure '8' jig.

Well, I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself, Gerald, and I undoubtedly have one of the biggest magnification toys commercially available, and know how to use it! Moreover, I enjoy all of the hard work that Anthony shares with us, and I am always in the mood for the arrival of his next installment; his analemma photos are not only beautiful, they are a great tool to use when explaining how the Sun appears to wander around the sky over the course of a year, but also apparently you are not willing or able to learn about this fascinating subject matter. You DO understand that the figure 8 analemma is NOT a daily occurrence, don't you? There is no "daily figure '8' jig", it is a yearly jig...
Old February 25th 14, 12:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:08:02 AM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Monday, February 24, 2014 10:50:45 AM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

I will tell you what is twisted -

Folks here are perfectly capable of knowing what is twisted around here....

People have moved on from that analemma joke Ayiomamitis,they now are firmly in the flow of information of the Sun's apparent motion through the constellations or the more productive apparent motion of the stars behind the central Sun...

Are you saying that you finally understand that the Sun has apparent motion through the constellations over the course of a year, but you still don't understand how the Sun can apparently move higher and lower in the sky from one season to another, or fall slightly behind or slightly ahead of the meridian at various times of the year?

What did I tell you about the apparent motion of the stars behind the central Sun and along the ecliptic plane due to the orbital motion of the Earth -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFrE7hWj0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ

Maybe wandering Sun analemma freaks want to maintain a story conjured out of thin air but for everyone else they are on safe and stable ground when they abide by the principles of astronomy which distinguish the Sun from the wandering planets and then make the adjustment to the apparent motion of the stars which constitute a reference for the orbital motion of the Earth using the central Sun as a reference.

"Moreover, we see the other five planets also retrograde at times, and stationary at either end [of the regression]. And whereas the sun always advances along its own direct path, they wander in various ways, straying sometimes to the south and sometimes to the north; that is why they are called "planets" [wanderers]. " Copernicus

Do you think a pig of a person is going to handle delicate reasoning even with the aid of contemporary graphical tools and that is why you are fine, you voice your perspectives without apology or concern for the great innovators and their insights even when there is no room in the graphics for a wandering Sun and the stupidity that created the monstrosity. It doesn't matter anyway,the 'analemma' notion has long since been buried and is gone forever.

Old February 25th 14, 03:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, February 24, 2014 4:43:14 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

It doesn't matter anyway,the 'analemma' notion has long since been buried and is gone forever.

Only in your dreams, Gerald, only in your dreams. You really haven't a clue, do you? If you were to aim your camera due south and take a picture at exactly local noon every week, and were you to stack those 52 photos after a year, and create a single stacked photo of all of them at once... you would see a beautiful analemma. No reasoning required, no thinking needed. And, no need to argue with reality, because this is exactly what happens. How can you explain such a result? Hmmmmm? It is a fact that cannot be denied, and clearly there is an explanation, no voodoo involved. What could the explanation possibly be?

It is amazing that you can continue to deny such facts, especially since anyone with a camera can reproduce these results, although very few can match Anthony's artistry.

If only you had the ability to learn...

Sun September 26, 2013 - Sun 2013 09 26.jpg (0/1) William Hamblen[_2_] Astro Pictures 1 September 27th 13 08:20 PM
Sun September 26, 2013 - Sun 2013 09 26.jpg (1/1) William Hamblen[_2_] Astro Pictures 0 September 27th 13 02:32 PM
Mercury in retrograde Tom Hise Amateur Astronomy 44 October 22nd 08 08:52 AM
retrograde MAT[_4_] Amateur Astronomy 1 April 27th 08 12:26 PM
Pluto has more moons than Charon, Hubble spots 'em. For me, this makes Pluto a planet, not just a KBO D. Orbitt Policy 0 November 1st 05 06:07 AM