Upgrade Me to Human-Version 2.0

Old July 22nd 09, 11:50 PM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
David DeLaney

Default Upgrade Me to Human-Version 2.0

Immortalist wrote:
Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years

....okay, you fail before you even get through your first sentence. Amazing.

REDIRECTING FOLLOWUPS, since this is only on-topic on about two of these
groups, so is an obvious "let's your group's people and his group's people
fight" attempt.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeableBLINK
Old July 23rd 09, 02:12 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
Immortalist

Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years - but
thanks to our amazing brains we can upgrade ourselves to add
capabilities that took other creatures millions of years to evolve.
Thanks to this "unnatural" evolution we are already Human 2.0.

In the effort to live longer, become more attractive to the opposite
sex, to be better able to defend ourselves, to make the most of our
brains and to repair damaged bodies we have transformed ourselves. In
short to reproduce and make more of brains, we have transformed
ourselves. Now with a better understanding of the mechanisms of the
body, cloning, gene therapy, bionics, and other technologies, our rate
of change is becoming ever faster.

This process of upgrading is nothing new. It has been around for
millennia, and it raises some provocative questions. What will the
future hold for us? Will our drive to upgrade continue to give
positive benefits, or will it result in the destruction of our
humanity? Where is our evolutionary survival heading? Mankind's fate
in relation to the Earth is today's most pervasive question in
science.

It has been around for millennia i.e. humanity's self-driven evolution
from the earliest addition of the artificial skin of clothing to
cloning human organs and using nanotechnology to keep our bodies going
indefinitely.

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/B...312371578.html

Couching his discussion of mankind's next steps in the context of
human evolution, and especially the past 100,000 years of our own
"directed enhancement," author and science writer Clegg (The God
Effect, A Brief History of Infinity, etc.) challenges the assumptions
of futurologists, and their opponents, to produce a fascinating and
readily graspable vision of our past and future. While rejecting
extreme predictions from tech-obsessed prognosticators like Ray
Kurzweil, Clegg embraces technology of all kinds, from clothing to
domesticated dogs to gene therapy, arguing that the ability to move
"beyond our biology" (to "live longer... make the most of our brains,
and to repair damaged bodies") is inherent to the species. When
"prehumans" faced predators on the savannah five million years ago,
natural selection favored those inclined to cooperate, a trait likely
associated with more juvenile characteristics (dovetailing with
humans' lack of hair and relatively small physique). Then, a hundred
thousand years ago, a genetic change allowed humans to see beyond the
here and now-"to dream, to plan, to anticipate"-and kicked off the
unnatural evolution of human invention. Zeroing in on the evolutionary
torches picked up by old and emerging technology, Clegg takes a
balanced look at the possibilities of biotechnologies like cloning,
nanoscopic machines and brain-enhancing drugs or chips. Clegg's latest
will engage scientists and lay readers with a thorough, level-headed,
reader-friendly treatment of controversial and complex material.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Upg.../9780312371579

http://tinyurl.com/UpgradeMe2-0Clegg
Old July 23rd 09, 02:48 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
Rod Speed

Immortalist wrote

Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years

That is just plain wrong.

- but thanks to our amazing brains we can upgrade ourselves to
add capabilities that took other creatures millions of years to evolve.
Thanks to this "unnatural" evolution we are already Human 2.0.

Mindlessly silly.

In the effort to live longer, become more attractive to the opposite
sex, to be better able to defend ourselves, to make the most of our
brains and to repair damaged bodies we have transformed ourselves.

Even sillier.

In short to reproduce and make more of brains, we have transformed
ourselves. Now with a better understanding of the mechanisms of the
body, cloning, gene therapy, bionics, and other technologies, our rate
of change is becoming ever faster.

You just claimed that there was no change in 100K years, fool.

This process of upgrading is nothing new. It has been
around for millennia, and it raises some provocative
questions. What will the future hold for us?

More change, stupid.

Will our drive to upgrade continue to give positive benefits,

Corse they will.

or will it result in the destruction of our humanity?

Not a chance.

Where is our evolutionary survival heading?

Mindlessly silly question.

Mankind's fate in relation to the Earth is today's most pervasive question in science.

Wrong.

It has been around for millennia i.e. humanity's self-driven evolution from
the earliest addition of the artificial skin of clothing to cloning human
organs and using nanotechnology to keep our bodies going indefinitely.

Thats not evolution.

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/B...312371578.html

Just another completely mindess steaming turd.

Couching his discussion of mankind's next steps in the
context of human evolution, and especially the past
100,000 years of our own "directed enhancement,"

Mindlessly silly.

author and science writer Clegg (The God Effect, A Brief
History of Infinity, etc.) challenges the assumptions of
futurologists, and their opponents, to produce a fascinating
and readily graspable vision of our past and future.

Like hell he does.

While rejecting extreme predictions from tech-obsessed prognosticators
like Ray Kurzweil, Clegg embraces technology of all kinds, from clothing
to domesticated dogs to gene therapy, arguing that the ability to move
"beyond our biology" (to "live longer... make the most of our brains,
and to repair damaged bodies") is inherent to the species.

Must be one of those rocket scientist terminal ****wits.

When "prehumans" faced predators on the savannah five million years ago,

**** all predators bothered with humans.

natural selection favored those inclined to cooperate,

Easy to claim. Have fun actually substantiating that claim.

Plenty of species that didnt cooperate survived fine.

a trait likely associated with more juvenile characteristics

Even sillier.

(dovetailing with humans' lack of hair and relatively small physique).

Even sillier.

Then, a hundred thousand years ago, a genetic change allowed humans
to see beyond the here and now-"to dream, to plan, to anticipate"-

You dont know when that happened.

and kicked off the unnatural evolution of human invention.

That had been happening LONG before that.

Zeroing in on the evolutionary torches picked up by old and emerging technology,

Wota ****ing ******...

So he's just another ******.

Clegg's latest will engage scientists and lay readers with a thorough,
level-headed, reader-friendly treatment of controversial and complex material.

Just another of your silly little fantasys.

Old July 23rd 09, 04:15 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
Immortalist

Version 2.0 especially edited for Rod Speeds, lets work with these
proposals to make it airtight and safe from radiation.

http://tinyurl.com/UpgradeMe2-0Clegg

Biologically, human beings haven't changed as much in 100,000 years
compared to how much our amazing brains can upgrade ourselves to add

Old July 23rd 09, 06:08 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
Rod Speed

Immortalist wrote:

Version 2.0 especially edited for Rod Speeds,

Can't even manage to get my name right.

Summary execution for you...

lets work with these proposals to make it airtight

Impossible because they are fool of mindless hot air.

and safe from radiation.

Ditto.

http://tinyurl.com/UpgradeMe2-0Clegg

Biologically, human beings haven't changed as much in 100,000 years
compared to how much our amazing brains can upgrade ourselves to
add capabilities that took other creatures millions of years to evolve.

We didnt in fact 'upgrade' ourselves at all, JUST invented lots of things.

Thanks to this "unnatural" evolution

It isnt evolution at all.

we are already Human 2.0.

Mindlessly silly.

In the effort to live longer, become more attractive to the opposite
sex, to be better able to defend ourselves, to make the most of our
brains and to repair damaged bodies we have transformed ourselves.

Transformed our CIRCUMSTANCES, possibly.

In short to reproduce and make more of brains, we have transformed ourselves.

Transformed our CIRCUMSTANCES, possibly.

Now with a better understanding of the mechanisms
of the body, cloning, gene therapy, bionics, and other
technologies, our rate of change is becoming ever faster.

The rate of change of our CIRCUMSTANCES, certainly.

This process of upgrading is nothing new. It has been around for millennia,

Yes.

and it raises some provocative questions.

Nope.

What will the future hold for us?

More transformation, obviously.

Will our drive to upgrade continue to give positive benefits,

Corse it will.

or will it result in the destruction of our humanity?

Corse it wont.

Where is our evolutionary survival heading?

Pointless use of fancy words, absolutely classic desperate wanking.

Mankind's fate in relation to the Earth is today's most pervasive question in science.

Like hell it is.

It has been around for millennia i.e. humanity's self-driven evolution

More desperate wanking.

from the earliest addition of the artificial skin of clothing to cloning human
organs and using nanotechnology to keep our bodies going indefinitely.

Only the first has actually happened yet.

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/B...312371578.html

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

Old July 23rd 09, 07:00 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
Rod Speed

David DeLaney wrote
Immortalist wrote:

Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years

...okay, you fail before you even get through your first sentence.

We'll see...

Amazing.

Pathetic.

REDIRECTING FOLLOWUPS,

MOLESTING OF FOLLOWUPS REVERSED,

since this is only on-topic on about two of these groups, so is an
obvious "let's your group's people and his group's people fight" attempt.

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed fantasyland.

He just likes to trigger some discussion and that does work quite
affectively at times, most obviously with the colonisation of space thread.

Old July 23rd 09, 11:03 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ
ZerkonXXXX

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:12:18 -0700, Immortalist wrote:

Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years - but thanks
to our amazing brains we can upgrade ourselves to add capabilities that
took other creatures millions of years to evolve. Thanks to this
"unnatural" evolution we are already Human 2.0.

Anything couched in the first person plural pronoun should be immediately
suspect. Here suspicions are quickly resolved with the blatant absurdity
of the absolute "Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000
years"... then off to the normal and yet another brain-centric wet dream
from the school of modern commercial sophistry know as "popular science".

Old July 23rd 09, 03:41 PM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.econ
Uncle Al

Immortalist wrote:

Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years

[snip crap]

A substantial fraction of the First World is undeniably more
intelligent than the rest of the world, and getting more so. It began
in the Pale of Settlement and vastly accelerated in the New World
given three seminal events:

1) Hitler killed the bottom 90% of an already substantially shifted
intelligence bell curve. The best of the best migrated and
concentrated in America - and reproduced.

2) Eisenhower initiated the Miliary Industrial Complex. Starting
in the late 1950s and enduring through ~1980, supreme intelligence
trumped classical studies and social agendas. Technical emigration
from Asia was another wave of the best of the best, Oriental and East
Indian.

3) The rise of the computer created a sub-culture of the Severely
and Profoundly Gifted. Prodigies now have an unlimited medium in
which to be prodigious.

Uncle Al is disgusted by your Mexican view of humanity - just wait
until the silver-masked wrestler appears to Save Us All! You are a
jackass. If you want to leave footprints in the sands of time, wear
work boots.

**** Liberal political canon. **** genetic, developmental, and
behavioral trash. **** reproductive warriors, religious hind gut
fermenters, drug addicts, Enviro-whiner Luddites. **** the stupid,
the pathetic, and the Officially Sad.

**** you.

idiot

This process of upgrading is nothing new. It has been around for
millennia,

[snip rest crap]

Read your first sentence, above. Even a liar must be self-consistent.

The future of mankind is poverty, hunger, disease, filth, death, and
silk-clad priests with whips. The whole world will be Africa and
Mexico. The women will be ugly beyond belief - dark, hairy, and
coarse. DIVERSITY is a biological as well as social disaster.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old July 23rd 09, 03:49 PM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.econ
Uncle Al

Immortalist wrote:

Version 2.0 especially edited for Rod Speeds, lets work with these
proposals to make it airtight and safe from radiation.

idiot

Radiation is shielded by mass/area. Orbital mechanics is momentum,
(mass)(velocity). One cannot have both radiation shielding and
efficient transportation.

idiot

Putting a megavolt charge on your space vessel to repel cosmic rays is
a arch stooopidity - sparks, vacuum field emission, shorting by solar
wind conductive plasma. Putting a 20 tesla magnetic field around your
space vessel to redirect cosmic rays is also arch stooopidity.
Energetic particles spiralling about lines of force emit cyclotron
radiation. Aside from energetic photon there is EMP. They don't go
away, either - they come zooming in at your dipole ends.

idiot

Old July 23rd 09, 06:36 PM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.econ
Michael Stemper

In article , Uncle Al writes:
Immortalist wrote:

Biologically, human beings haven't changed in 100,000 years

[snip crap]

A substantial fraction of the First World is undeniably more
intelligent than the rest of the world, and getting more so. It began
in the Pale of Settlement and vastly accelerated in the New World
given three seminal events:

1) Hitler killed the bottom 90% of an already substantially shifted

2) Eisenhower initiated the Miliary Industrial Complex.

He's probably spinning right now, because you said that. The
Military-Industrial Complex is something that he *warned against*,
not something that he initiated. From a speech that Ike made shortly
before JFK's inauguration:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition
of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the
militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of
misplaced power exists and will persist."

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include Standard_Disclaimer

David A. Smith (DLZC of sci.astro), prejudistic human rights crimesof stalking, prejudistic semitism of hate crimes, discriminations of educatedpeople on all counts dismissing human rights really fast. Semitism will havejustice on human rights ground gb[_3_] Astronomy Misc 0 November 7th 08 09:02 PM
ETX upgrade AndreLTR Amateur Astronomy 5 May 1st 08 12:18 PM
Basic human psychology, human rights protest: Basic: Don't profile (discriminate) people you don't know online gb6726 Astronomy Misc 8 June 27th 07 06:39 PM
If you could build the perfect robot which could reason and have emotions like a human, should it have the same rights as a human? Immortalist History 14 September 13th 06 01:45 AM
Upgrade or not? Fred Hall Astronomy Misc 0 June 27th 06 06:07 AM