Moonshot - History Channel - July 20 at 9pm/8C.

Old July 26th 09, 06:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jorge R. Frank

Default Moonshot - History Channel - July 20 at 9pm/8C.

OM wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:18:23 -0500, "Jorge R. Frank"
wrote:

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
I think you're misremembering things a bit.

First Superbowl was in 1967 and the Geen Bay Packers beat the Kansas City
Chiefs.

In a narrow technical sense, he could be right.

The first two "Super Bowls" were called the "AFL-NFL World Championship
Game" at the time. The third (Jets-Colts) was the first to be called the
"Super Bowl" and the previous games were retroactively dubbed Super
Bowls I and II.

...Not exactly. From Wikipedia, which echos the story as I've heard it
from the sports jocks and historians over at least the past three
decades, almost word-for-word:

Sigh. OM, keep reading. About three paragraphs down, it says:

"Super Bowl III was the first to be numbered. Super Bowls I and II were
not known as such until the game's third year and were named "The
AFL-NFL World Championship Game" when they were played."