Building up a force

Old August 2nd 07, 02:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Building up a force

Sitting on a frozen lake is a one ton block of ice. Its hit hard with
a 100lb lead ball. The speed of the ball plus the weight gives it a
combined force of 500lb Result is the ball bounces off it and the block
of ice stays at rest. Now I come along and lean against this 1 ton
block of ice,with a constant force of say 75lb after about 10 seconds it
will start to move. The answer is the reason when I was 10 years old I
moved a coal barge,and it tore down a large peer. Well it took me and
five of my friends,but the barge was full of coal,and must have weighed
5,000 tons. This proves a steady force builds up energy. This proves
once in motion an object will stay in motion. I find building up a
force is very interesting. Like a fly wheel. Weight has a great
advantage. A small motor can lift an elevator with 50 people. A fright
train can be a mile long. bert

Anyone with academic brains in this newsgroup? "I saw a flash flash flash [at] the lower level of the building. You know like when they demolish a building?"--Assistant Fire Commissioner Stephen Gregory War Office Misc 1 March 29th 07 07:21 PM
O&C building question NS History 3 September 29th 06 03:08 AM
Building a Dobby. david UK Astronomy 15 May 24th 05 09:52 PM
Building first dob - questions Nate Perkins Amateur Astronomy 20 November 18th 04 12:20 AM
building telescope... dude Misc 14 February 8th 04 08:18 PM