Spacecraft Films.

Old July 23rd 03, 07:34 PM
Steve

Default Spacecraft Films.

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:30:41 +0100, "Doug Ellison"
wrote:

My STS109 DVD just doesnt work ( either on PC or on either of two dvd
players )- but ZERO response from them. I REALLY REALLY wanted their
venture to work - but I'm not giving them another $ / £ till I hear news.

Doug

Sorry to hear that. Keep getting on to 'em.

I had a reply today from Terri Nowlan who is the Office Manager. Apparently
STS-110 will be completed in Autumn. He apologized for the delay. Guess
they're just busy, bitten off more than they can chew.

--
Steve.
Old July 24th 03, 04:20 AM
Toe Tag

I just received the Gemini 3-dvd set here in NYC.
Waiting for Apollo 17 Complete.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:56:26 -0600, in sci.space.history, Sam Seiber
wrote:

Added S.S.H to group list

Sigridco wrote:

I too have been waiting.
My wife ordered the Apollo 17 complete downlink DVD set in November
2002. We understood it wouldn't be ready till Feb 2003. Our credit
card was charged in November. The ship date kept moving back on the
web site.

I ordered A-17 about a month ago, and like you, they hit the
card when you order. When I ordered, their site was saying
"last few days to pre-order". Thinking they were about ready
to stamp out a bunch of DVD's, I ordered. Shortly after that
they were saying they would ship July 15. Now they are saying
simply "July". After reading what you had to say, I am thinking
"Really?".

I sent a letter in May that got no response. I like the
product, but service is rocky at best.

I have had a much better experience than you. I had two titles
that I ordered, but didn't see for a few weeks. I e-mailed
them and thay at least replied to me. Each time, they were
out of stock, and need to get more DVD's stamped. Based on
what you and others have said, I would have to admit that I
was lucky. They did reply to me. But perhaps the reason
I got a reply is simply because they could give me a good
news answer. Perhaps they don't reply if the answer would be
bad news.

Since they have this
distribution deal with Fox Video, I'm beginning to think Spacecraft
Films is filling orders to Fox and not us.

I wonder about that as well. The real ****er for me is the "new
editions"
of Apollo 11, The mighty Saturns I & IB & Apollo 8. All of which
I have already purchaced. I understand that the "new editions" will
have more goodies on them than the ones I just picked up in the
last few months. Looking from the CT point of view, they were busy
beefing up the "new editions" for Fox, rather than worry about the
pre-order stuff for us.
It looks like any future purchace from me will be to go to a
*real* store, and buy there. At least that way, they don't get
the money if there is no product.

I'm considering filing a
complaint with the Federal Trade Commission should delivery not occur
by August 1.
Here is a FTC link to mailorder/email/web merchandise regulations:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../mailorder.htm

ISTR some FTC regulation stating that if a mail order company
can't ship a product in 30 days, you had to be given the option
to either get your money back, or you could give permission
for the mail order company to ship whenever. You may have
a valid FTC complaint here.

I like the product. I hope they are just overwhelmed. But I'm
wondering if something more sinister is at hand with Spacecraft Films.

Eric

I as well find their product to be outstanding. Perhaps that is
why you and I are so upset. We want our goodies. They have
missed a bunch of ship dates. How does Fox play into all of this?

Anyway, for us in North America, we will have to buy additional
titles through Fox. I guess that means store shelves, or perhaps
via the web from Fox. Right now, I don't know. How this is going
to affect buyers in other countries, intersting question.

Sam Seiber

Old July 25th 03, 12:01 AM
Steve

On 23 Jul 2003 22:20:44 -0500, Toe Tag wrote:

I just received the Gemini 3-dvd set here in NYC.
Waiting for Apollo 17 Complete.

Let us know what you think of it. Been looking forward to this.

Thanks.

--
Steve.
Old September 11th 15, 07:34 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has ordered or knows someone who has ordered the "Apollo Onboard Film In HD (Uncompressed) Delivery by Computer Drive" from Space Craft Films. It's taking forever to receive it and am hoping I can purchase it from another source.

Thanks,

Adam
Old July 30th 18, 07:41 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 8:34:41 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has ordered or knows someone who has ordered the "Apollo Onboard Film In HD (Uncompressed) Delivery by Computer Drive" from Space Craft Films. It's taking forever to receive it and am hoping I can purchase it from another source.

Thanks,

Adam

hello
a copy of last message i send about the burglar Mark from Spacecraft film
Hello
i need some help from the Lut community.
As you see i am french but i have a big interest of the Space since 50 years.
I buy from Spacecraftfilm
Apollo Onboard Film In HD (Uncompressed) Delivery by Computer Drive 450$
i send my money since 20months i send a message each month and i never receive my HD as Space craft to me it's comming.
i am disapointed and now Space craft don't answer my message now.
As i am not in US if somebody know him or can help me to sole the problem i will enjoy.
thanks for your help
sorry i apologize to write these line but i had no solution
best regards
patrice from France.....