"What the H?" Gemini model

Old May 31st 11, 11:56 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default "What the H?" Gemini model

Did any Gemini ever have an antenna this long poking out of it?:
http://www.dragon-models.com/html/50385.htm
There was the rod that poked out of side of the nose for docking with
the Agena, but where exactly did this monster come from?

Pat
Old May 31st 11, 02:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

In article
tatelephone,
says...

Did any Gemini ever have an antenna this long poking out of it?:
http://www.dragon-models.com/html/50385.htm
There was the rod that poked out of side of the nose for docking with
the Agena, but where exactly did this monster come from?

I don't think I've ever seen an antenna like that on Gemini.

Jeff
--
" Solids are a branch of fireworks, not rocketry. :-) :-) ", Henry
Spencer 1/28/2011
Old May 31st 11, 10:35 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On May 31, 6:24*am, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article
tatelephone,
says...

Did any Gemini ever have an antenna this long poking out of it?:
http://www.dragon-models.com/html/50385.htm
There was the rod that poked out of side of the nose for docking with
the Agena, but where exactly did this monster come from?

I don't think I've ever seen an antenna like that on Gemini.

Jeff
--
" Solids are a branch of fireworks, not rocketry. :-) :-) ", Henry
Spencer 1/28/2011

It's a fishing rod used in Survival Training. Serves the dual purpose
of Food Gathering and Male Bonding.

Old June 1st 11, 11:16 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

On 5/31/2011 2:28 PM, Rick Jones wrote:
Pat wrote:
On 5/31/2011 1:35 PM, wrote:
It's a fishing rod used in Survival Training. Serves the dual purpose
of Food Gathering and Male Bonding.

It could be a military Blue Gemini and it uses the rod to hook Soviet
satellites and reel them in.

Ok, but using what sort of bait or lure? Blue jeans? Beatles records?

Capitalist hooliganism, comrade!
The green worm cankering at the healthy red heart of the apple of communism!
I almost had tears of nostalgia in my eyes as I read this yesterday in
Pravda*:
http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/col...6-nato_hour-0/
BY GOD..err..LENIN! There are still some Russians who know how to write
the good-ol-days stuff!
It's like the Coelacanth...the Cretaceous age may be long gone, but the
fish is still around and ready to gnaw your hand if trifled with. ;-)

* Yes, I do actually read Pravda...but it is but a pale shadow of what
it was a few years ago, when it had lots of stories about men being
destroyed by the excessive lusts of women, like female spiders sucking
them dry and turning them into shriveled husks:
http://english.pravda.ru/society/sto...male_spider-0/
COMRADE! BEWARE!

Patsky
Old June 15th 11, 03:17 AM posted to sci.space.history
Matt

I'm trying to figure out how you'd even use an antenna like that.
Could it be an antenna that was proposed on some crazy lunar Gemini
version? Or even an extendable pole for rendezvous with a beacon
light on it?

Matt Bille
www.mattwriter.com
Old June 16th 11, 07:36 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

On 6/14/2011 6:17 PM, Matt wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you'd even use an antenna like that.
Could it be an antenna that was proposed on some crazy lunar Gemini
version? Or even an extendable pole for rendezvous with a beacon
light on it?

I'm trying to figure out how it would be stowed at launch, would it be
retracted into the spacecraft somehow, or folded down onto the side of
the Gemini reentry module?
I get a feeling that when they were designing the model they saw a photo
of Gemini in orbit and misinterpreted the rod that stuck out of the side
of the nose and went into the "V" notch on the Agena to align everything
correctly.

Pat
Old June 16th 11, 10:49 AM posted to sci.space.history
GordonD

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
.. .
On 6/14/2011 6:17 PM, Matt wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how you'd even use an antenna like that.
Could it be an antenna that was proposed on some crazy lunar Gemini
version? Or even an extendable pole for rendezvous with a beacon
light on it?

I'm trying to figure out how it would be stowed at launch, would it be
retracted into the spacecraft somehow, or folded down onto the side of the
Gemini reentry module?

Possibly coiled up but preformed so that when extended it took a rigid
shape, like the booms on the J-Series Apollo SIMBAYs.

--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old June 21st 11, 08:10 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery wrote:
* Yes, I do actually read Pravda...but it is but a pale shadow of what
it was a few years ago, when it had lots of stories about men being
destroyed by the excessive lusts of women, like female spiders sucking
them dry and turning them into shriveled husks:
http://english.pravda.ru/society/sto...male_spider-0/
COMRADE! BEWARE!

Patsky

/quote
The police say that Valeria abused at least ten men. However, none of them
wants to file a police report against the woman.

“It was wonderful, - one of the victims said. – I like this hot stuff. If it
wasn’t for [the] Mickey Finn…”

/endquote

You just can't find this kind of worker's rank and file stuff reported anymore....

Davidsky