*UH*-oh (Onion Alert)

Old August 31st 09, 03:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Joseph Nebus

Default *UH*-oh (Onion Alert)

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...urce=a-section

Conspiracy Theorist Convinces Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked

LEBANON, OHIO. Apollo 11 mission commander and famed
astronaut Neil Armstrong shocked reporters at a press conference
Monday, announcing he had been convinced that his historic first
step on the moon was part of an elaborate hoax orchestrated by
the United States government.

According to Armstrong, he was forced to reconsider
every single detail of the historic journey after watching a few
persuasive YouTube videos, and reading several blog posts on
conspiracy theorist Ralph Coleman's website, OmissionControl.org.

"It only took a few hastily written paragraphs published
by this passionate denier of mankind's so-called 'greatest
technological achievement' for me to realize I had been living a
lie, " said a visibly emotional Armstrong, addressing reporters
at his home. "It has become painfully clear to me that on July 20,
1969, the Lunar Module under the control of my crew did not in
fact travel 250,000 miles over eight days, touch down on the moon,
and perform various experiments, ushering in a new era for
humanity. Instead, the entire thing was filmed on a soundstage,
most likely in New Mexico."

"This is the only logical interpretation of the numerous
inconsistencies in the grainy, 40-year-old footage," Armstrong
added.