"Space Patrol" Star Dies

Old November 17th 04, 07:04 PM
Al Jackson

Pat Flannery wrote in message ...
Al Jackson wrote:

I used to watch that show, I loved it, better than Tom Corbett,
maybe because of all the women in short skirts!

Sir... four simple words of advice to you: "Italian Science Fiction
Movies". ;-)

Except of those few by Mario Bava, don't remember very many
"Movies italiani della fantascienza"!
Old November 18th 04, 02:06 AM
John Pelchat

Snipped:

I vaguely remember a space puppet show from around then
on TV in New York City. They flew a spacecraft that
looked a lot like the spinner part of a toy gyroscope
I once had. Every planet in the solar system had
intelligent life of local origin. One episode had
the Saturn-ians suffering a "barking" desease, which
turned out to be human head colds. And the human space
men had some cold cure medicine that the Saturnians
could sniff and be cured immediately.

I remember that one! Saturn was said to be like the Florida
Everglades. Does anyone remember the program's title or have links to
web pages about the program.

Thanks for the memory!

John
Old November 18th 04, 06:46 AM
Pat Flannery

Al Jackson wrote:

Except of those few by Mario Bava, don't remember very many
"Movies italiani della fantascienza"!

I think this ad for the DVD of an Italian/Japanese masterpiece speaks
for itself...not coherently maybe, and certainly not grammatically
correctly...but for itself:
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cata...enslimedvd.jpg
Why, we must ask ourselves, are the Green Slime coming? Could it
perchance have anything to do with the fact that they have their filthy
testicles....er...tentacles....wrapped around the luscious Luciana
Paluzzi?: http://www.pollanetsquad.it/starlette/007_04.jpg
Maybe this man knows: http://www.pollanetsquad.it/starlette/007_02.jpg
But if he does, he's keeping it close to his chest....the lucky swine! :-)

Pat

Old November 18th 04, 06:49 PM
Al Jackson

Al Jackson wrote:

Except of those few by Mario Bava, don't remember very many
"Movies italiani della fantascienza"!

I think this ad for the DVD of an Italian/Japanese masterpiece speaks
for itself...not coherently maybe, and certainly not grammatically
correctly...but for itself:
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cata...enslimedvd.jpg
Why, we must ask ourselves, are the Green Slime coming? Could it
perchance have anything to do with the fact that they have their filthy
testicles....er...tentacles....wrapped around the luscious Luciana
Paluzzi?: http://www.pollanetsquad.it/starlette/007_04.jpg
Maybe this man knows: http://www.pollanetsquad.it/starlette/007_02.jpg
But if he does, he's keeping it close to his chest....the lucky swine! :-)

Pat

Boy do I ever remember The Green Slime (Il Fango verde in Italian,
doesnt that mean 'Green Fungus'?) There must have not been many USA -
Japan - Italy productions! A 1968 film posing as a 1958 film!
Lets see Roger Vadim's Barbarella was a joint French - Italian ,
except for watching Jane Fonda! the comic book version by Jean-Claude
Forest was better.
Old November 18th 04, 08:23 PM
Pat Flannery

Al Jackson wrote:

Boy do I ever remember The Green Slime (Il Fango verde in Italian,
doesnt that mean 'Green Fungus'?)

Either that, or that Italian vampires should brush their teeth more often.
Remember that great theme song? "Green
Slime....growing...growing...Green Slime!"

There must have not been many USA -
Japan - Italy productions!

And with luck, there will never be another.

A 1968 film posing as a 1958 film!
Lets see Roger Vadim's Barbarella was a joint French - Italian ,
except for watching Jane Fonda! the comic book version by Jean-Claude
Forest was better.

I never read the comic, but except for being crazy, puking all over the
place, a real stuck-up, and possibly a traitor, Jane is okay.
She and her loudmouthed and witless former husband came through our
airport for a conference on Bison meat production one afternoon; the
weather observation crew got to take care of Jane's dog- Ted got stuck
taking care of the bitch.
If I'd had my way, the dog would have been wearing a pair of black
pajamas and sporting a miniature AK-47 by the time they got back.
If my Vietnam vet brother had had his way, Jane would have been wearing
a bamboo "Tiger Cage" within five minutes of her arrival, and the dog
would be served to her for supper. Raw.
But, at least she knows how to dress properly, with enlightened feminist
non-sex object atti http://www.altx.com/gifs/big.barbarella.gif
My favorite Italian science fiction movie is "Wild, Wild, Planet"- this
thing makes Japanese science fiction films look well thought out and
rational. I particularly like the "rayguns" that shoot flame around a
foot or so, and the director's contortions to assure that all combat
occurs at a range of under three feet- so that the "rays" may be
effective. You've got to admire a ray weapon that has less effective
range than a broadsword. :-D

Pat

Old November 18th 04, 09:52 PM
Brian McKillop

"John Pelchat" wrote in message
om...

I remember that one! Saturn was said to be like the Florida
Everglades. Does anyone remember the program's title or have links to
web pages about the program.

John,

Try this...

http://homepages.tesco.net/~space.pa...atrol/Home.htm

Lots of good stuff there - though I'm still trying to find the music
somewhere.

Brian

Old November 19th 04, 01:22 AM
OM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:23:35 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I never read the comic, but except for being crazy, puking all over the
place, a real stuck-up, and possibly a traitor, Jane is okay.

...."Possibly"? I'd say the trip to Hanoi made that "definitely".

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 19th 04, 07:52 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

I never read the comic, but except for being crazy, puking all over the
place, a real stuck-up, and possibly a traitor, Jane is okay.

..."Possibly"? I'd say the trip to Hanoi made that "definitely".

Legally tricky as we never officially declared war on North Vietnam. If
we had, it would have been a up-against-the-wall-pronto sort of case.
But then again, there's that photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with
Saddam... we had better shoot him also, just to be on the safe side- or
make him marry Ted Turner at the very least. :-D

Pat

Old November 19th 04, 06:15 PM
Al Jackson

Al Jackson wrote:

[...]

I know she made a film in 1990, but last one I saw here in was Old
Gringo,
1989. She has a nude scene, from the side, and I tell you a 50 year
old woman with a 30 year old body really caught my eye!

But you know, I may not have keep up with the news, but seems Jane
dropped out the 'political jazz' scene years ago, or at least I have
not noticed her being 'public' in recent years.