Sky and Tel's apo review was depressing

Old May 22nd 04, 10:12 AM
Anders Hansson

Default Sky and Tel's apo review was depressing

"Edward" wrote in
link.net:

I had forgotten about the bipolar flaring. That is more troubling to
me than the out-of-focus color. It is priced between the ED doublets
and the premium triplets, so the color correction described seems
reasonable.

Ed T.

The review offered very little technical information about the bipolar
flaring. I would really have liked to understand if the problem was related
to the flattener or not.

Here is a picture of the flattener from the manufacturer's website:
http://www.william-optics.com/accessory/flattener.htm

Regarding color correction, there is an interesting image of IC1396 he
http://www.william-optics.com/telesc...age/IC1396.jpg

Anders H.
--
correct address anhn at telia dot com
Old May 22nd 04, 01:55 PM
MrGrytt

"Edward" wrote in message hlink.net...
"David" wrote in message
Who makes the Fluorostar optics ?

TEC is involved, not sure to what extent they control the process/specs.

Ed

The article says it uses "a triplet lens designed and fabricated
by Telescope Engineering Company".

Harvey
Old May 22nd 04, 02:56 PM
Edward

"MrGrytt" wrote in message

The article says it uses "a triplet lens designed and fabricated
by Telescope Engineering Company".

Harvey

Nonetheless, Mr. Yang buys the lenses and tells Yuri what he will pay for.

Ed T.

Old May 22nd 04, 06:53 PM
Edward

"Anders Hansson" wrote in message

Regarding color correction, there is an interesting image of IC1396 he
http://www.william-optics.com/telesc...age/IC1396.jpg

I noticed the same blue halos on Page 99 of the July 2004 S&T, this time
from a TV NP101.

Ed T.

Old May 22nd 04, 08:46 PM
Bill Meyers

Default Cfrossen Sky View; Was : Sky and Tel's apo review was depressing

The book, Sky Vistas: Astronomy for Binoculars and Richest-Field
Telescpes, is reviewed on p. 109-110 of the June issue of Sky &
Telescope magazine. Maybe I am being too gloomy about the effect of the
review on sales of the book?
Bill Meyers
Bill Meyers wrote:

You find that review depressing? Take a look at the review of Craig
Crossen's new book in the recent Sky & Telescope. It costs $70, but
based on the review, I expect to be able to pick it up next year at the
Barnes & Noble publisher's overstock bin for $3.98.

What is the book about?

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt

Old May 22nd 04, 10:07 PM
Anders Hansson

"Edward" wrote in
hlink.net:

"Anders Hansson" wrote in message

Regarding color correction, there is an interesting image of IC1396
he http://www.william-optics.com/telesc...age/IC1396.jpg

I noticed the same blue halos on Page 99 of the July 2004 S&T, this
time from a TV NP101.

Ed T.

Ed,

My copy of the July issue has not arrived yet, so it is not possible for me
to comment on those particular NP 101 halos.

Best regards,
Anders

--
correct address anhn at telia dot com
Old May 23rd 04, 01:36 AM
Edward

"Anders Hansson" wrote in message

Ed,

My copy of the July issue has not arrived yet, so it is not possible for

me
to comment on those particular NP 101 halos.

Anders,

I understand. I'd like to add that I do not own or intend to buy a W.O.
110, I tend to buy doublets (visual use only).

Ed T.