Transporting Meade SNT 10

Old February 13th 06, 03:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Transporting Meade SNT 10

Phil Wheeler wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Don't have a trunk, just the pickup bed. The OTA is too long for the
front seat and would be a nightmare to lay on the seat in the extended
cab. This way I can pack camping gear around it or tie it in place.

I assume you both have straight runs to your favorite viewing sites.
For me it's hairpin turns uphill and down.

Not always. But I do have a back seats and seat belts

The myriad bonuses of a 4-door.
Old February 13th 06, 04:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Richard Adams wrote:
Phil Wheeler wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Don't have a trunk, just the pickup bed. The OTA is too long for the
front seat and would be a nightmare to lay on the seat in the
extended cab. This way I can pack camping gear around it or tie it
in place.

I assume you both have straight runs to your favorite viewing sites.
For me it's hairpin turns uphill and down.

Not always. But I do have a back seats and seat belts

The myriad bonuses of a 4-door.

Obviously you need to treat your scope to a new vehicle, Richard
Old February 13th 06, 04:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Phil Wheeler wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Phil Wheeler wrote:

Richard Adams wrote:

Don't have a trunk, just the pickup bed. The OTA is too long for
the front seat and would be a nightmare to lay on the seat in the
extended cab. This way I can pack camping gear around it or tie it
in place.

I assume you both have straight runs to your favorite viewing sites.
For me it's hairpin turns uphill and down.

Not always. But I do have a back seats and seat belts

The myriad bonuses of a 4-door.

Obviously you need to treat your scope to a new vehicle, Richard

I need to treat my wallet to something which does better than 22 mpg.
Old February 13th 06, 06:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Richard Adams" wrote in message
Phil Wheeler wrote:
Stephen Paul wrote:

"Richard Adams" wrote in message
http://www.dragonswest.com/ReadyToGo.jpg
There's still some support to go in and I need to sand it and attach
handles, but it's pretty much functional :-)

Geez, and all that time I just stuffed the XT10 OTA into an Orion carry
bag and shoved it into the trunk. ;-)

Always worked for me: OPT 10" Dob in Orion case.
Rocker box was always the awkward part.

Don't have a trunk, just the pickup bed. The OTA is too long for the
front seat and would be a nightmare to lay on the seat in the extended
cab. This way I can pack camping gear around it or tie it in place.

I assume you both have straight runs to your favorite viewing sites. For
me it's hairpin turns uphill and down.

Actually, I was partially kidding with you. I did have an XT10, and I did
stuff it in the trunk of the sedan in a carry bag. However, when I carried
the 12" around in the back of the Taurus wagon, a cradle would have been
just the ticket. I've since sold the scope, but if I were to do it again,
I'd put a V cradle at each end of a plank, so that I could keep the scope
from rolling around, as well as slide the scope in and out of the wagon
without scuffing up the tube. I could then put one end down on the ground,
stand up the tube, set it in the rocker, and use the handtruck to wheel it
about.