New software : where is M13?

Old April 9th 06, 02:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default New software : where is M13?

FYI.

Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews just released an ads.
Just released : "Where is M13", a new software displaysing location of DSO
in 3D
http://www.thinkastronomy.com/M13/
Small and cheap

PS. I tested over other 140 software. This one doesn't run on my XP (it is
well in memory but doesn't display on screen).
I informed the company. Maybe a small bug or a memory problem. I haven't
time to investigate for now.
Download it and try.

A+
Thierry

--
Auteur de "Un siècle de Physique, 1- La Physique Quantique", AEGEUS, 2005
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry

Old April 9th 06, 02:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Thierry wrote in :

Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews just released an ads.
Just released : "Where is M13", a new software displaysing location of

If I remember well, Bill posted here about the beta/freeware version last
November.

PS. I tested over other 140 software. This one doesn't run on my XP
(it is well in memory but doesn't display on screen).

Have you checked your Java machine?
Old April 9th 06, 03:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:20:43 +0200, Thierry wrote:

PS. I tested over other 140 software. This one doesn't run on my XP (it is
well in memory but doesn't display on screen).
I informed the company. Maybe a small bug or a memory problem. I haven't
time to investigate for now.
Download it and try.

You might have a bad Java installation. This app doesn't run on my
computer, which doesn't have Java installed. In my case, it doesn't load
at all, but things might be different if your Java is just the wrong
version.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old April 9th 06, 04:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Thierry wrote in message ...
FYI.

Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews just released an ads.
Just released : "Where is M13", a new software displaysing location of DSO
in 3D
http://www.thinkastronomy.com/M13/
Small and cheap

PS. I tested over other 140 software. This one doesn't run on my XP (it is
well in memory but doesn't display on screen).

because t requires java 1.4 minimum

Thierry

Old April 9th 06, 06:56 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:41:14 -0500, Thierry wrote
(in article ):

Thierry wrote in message ...
FYI.

Cloudy Nights Telescope Reviews just released an ads.
Just released : "Where is M13", a new software displaysing location of DSO
in 3D
http://www.thinkastronomy.com/M13/
Small and cheap

PS. I tested over other 140 software. This one doesn't run on my XP (it is
well in memory but doesn't display on screen).

because t requires java 1.4 minimum

Thierry

Yes, the problem is that Thierry had Java 1.3 installed and "Where is M13?"
requires 1.4 at a minimum. Java 1.3 used to be the minimum, but this release
makes use of some routines that are only available in 1.4.

The application launcher is supposed to check for the appropriate version of
Java, but it may be that the check didn't get updated properly. Sorry for
the confusion.
--
Bill Tschumy
Think Astronomy -- Austin, TX