Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms

Old December 29th 13, 08:52 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms

Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms | Astronomy |
Sci-News.com
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...rms-01649.html
Old December 30th 13, 10:39 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 29 Dec 2013 15:52:36 -0500) it happened Yousuf Khan
wrote in :

Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms | Astronomy |
Sci-News.com
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...rms-01649.html

Seems to me like those spiral arms are ejecta from a rotating flattened center disk?
Old January 2nd 14, 08:41 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

wrote in :

Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms | Astronomy |
Sci-News.com
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...rms-01649.html

Seems to me like those spiral arms are ejecta from a rotating flattened center disk?

What do you mean?

Yousuf Khan

Old January 2nd 14, 10:07 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

wrote in :

Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms | Astronomy |
Sci-News.com
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...rms-01649.html

Seems to me like those spiral arms are ejecta from a rotating flattened center disk?

What do you mean?

That the spiral arms in no way look like in-falling orbiting gases.
On top of that there is that speed problem that inspired some people to come up with MOND.
So if material was simply spit out out of that central thing (disk, bar like structure), and
then formed stars, things look more logical, and Newton like.
So current theory is bull to say the least.

But you know, consensus, parroting, and denying what you see is same as with global warming.
:-)

PS
I actually did that consensus experiment in an other newsgroup,
where really nobody knew what caused some observed effect, then somebody proposed giant mutant spiders did it,.
and I decided to go along with that, nobody objected...
There, but for fortune, go the current astronomers, dark matter, dark force, gravity waves,
inflation deflation, MOND, what not.
Take your pick.

Yousuf Khan

Old January 4th 14, 06:41 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

wrote in :
On 30/12/2013 5:39 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
Seems to me like those spiral arms are ejecta from a rotating flattened center disk?

What do you mean?

That the spiral arms in no way look like in-falling orbiting gases.
On top of that there is that speed problem that inspired some people to come up with MOND.
So if material was simply spit out out of that central thing (disk, bar like structure), and
then formed stars, things look more logical, and Newton like.
So current theory is bull to say the least.

But you know, consensus, parroting, and denying what you see is same as with global warming.
:-)

Pretend for a moment that I just got here and I have no idea about all
of your other discussions with every other person on Usenet. Then go
ahead and try to explain what you are talking about. Because I really
don't know what you're talking about.

Yousuf Khan

Old January 4th 14, 06:51 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

wrote in :
[...]

Sorry about your Alzheimer.

Old January 5th 14, 11:48 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Lofty Goat

wrote in :

Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms | Astronomy |
Sci-News.com
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...y-four-spiral-

arms-01649.html

Seems to me like those spiral arms are ejecta from a rotating flattened
center disk?

This isn't a bad article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_galaxy

About halfway down is an survey of explanations of how spiral arms form,
with links to more specific treatments.
Old January 6th 14, 08:01 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_2_]

On 12/29/2013 12:52 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Milky Way Galaxy Has Four Spiral Arms, New Study Confirms | Astronomy |
Sci-News.com
http://www.sci-news.com/astronomy/sc...rms-01649.html

So what?

Is not our galaxy made up of two or more galaxies as having merged?

It will probably have dozens of fuzzy bright arms after being cut
through by Andromeda.