SETI Spy: Roelof rest in peace

Old November 20th 04, 10:21 PM
SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA

Default SETI Spy: Roelof rest in peace

Thanks you very much Roelof.

Good bye. Rest in Peace.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/foru...?id=6054#48176
Old November 20th 04, 11:24 PM
David H. Lipman

G-D bless Roelof !
RIP -- Roelof's Product EoL, 11/16/2004

I communicated with him on several occasions and I thought highly of him.

I am truly sorry he succumbed to his disease.

Yisgadol vayiskadash shimay ribah, etc..

Dave { very sad :-( }

om...

Old November 21st 04, 01:57 PM
~misfit~

SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA wrote:
Thanks you very much Roelof.

Good bye. Rest in Peace.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/foru...?id=6054#48176

This is so sad. I knew he had a serious illness but it just doesn't prepare
you for the actuality.

A nicer, more helpful person would be very hard to find. He helped me, as he
did others, many times. My thoughts are with his family at this time.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.
--
~misfit~

Old November 21st 04, 03:19 PM
Larry Weak

"~misfit~" wrote in message
SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA wrote:
Thanks you very much Roelof.

Good bye. Rest in Peace.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/foru...?id=6054#48176

This is so sad. I knew he had a serious illness but it just doesn't
prepare
you for the actuality.

A nicer, more helpful person would be very hard to find. He helped me, as
he
did others, many times. My thoughts are with his family at this time.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.
--
~misfit~

Misfit - read this last night and couldn't think of the words - thank you.

Larry

Old November 21st 04, 03:44 PM
Seti Cruncher

"SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA" wrote in message
om...
Thanks you very much Roelof.

Good bye. Rest in Peace.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/foru...?id=6054#48176

Good Bye Roelof. May you rest in Peace my friend.

SC

Old November 21st 04, 05:13 PM
Martin 53N 1W

Seti Cruncher wrote:
"SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA" wrote in message
om...

Thanks you very much Roelof.

Good bye. Rest in Peace.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/foru...?id=6054#48176

Good Bye Roelof. May you rest in Peace my friend.

Some of his ideas and contributions will live on with SetiSpy and the
code transfer to KSetiSpy and Bonic-KSetiSpy.

Best wishes to him,
Martin

--
---------- OS? What's that?!
- Martin - To most people, "Operating System" is unknown & strange.
Old November 22nd 04, 03:02 AM
Lambchop

Wow...

Mr. Roelof's software was the first SETI@Home add-on I'd ever gotten,
almost a year ago. Don't know about you guys, but I think that the best
way the SETI@Home community can honor his passing is to continue using
SetiSpy and to continue to update SetiSpy and keep it current and
running in his absence... it's damn near the best SETI@Home add-on out
there, and he was a damn good man. Sorry about the language :"

I think it'd be awesome if the SETI@Home site that Berkeley maintains
would make some kind of tribute to him... just a mention of his passing.

The man who helped others see what stars they were listening to, now
lives among the stars themselves...
Old November 22nd 04, 01:06 PM
Louie

Been gone all weekend and was greatly surprised and saddened when I read
this, this morning. I thought he was doing so well. Good bye, Roelof. You
will be greatly missed, man.
--
Louie
Chiefland, FL, USA 29.30N 82.52W

Old November 22nd 04, 03:22 PM
Edvin

"Lambchop" wrote:
I think it'd be awesome if the SETI@Home site that Berkeley maintains
would make some kind of tribute to him... just a mention of his
passing.

It's done already.
From http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/

Roelof J. Engelbrecht, a long-time SETI@home supporter and author of the
SETI Spy utility, passed away on Nov. 16. Honor him by crunching for the
BroadbandReports.com Honor Guard account.

Old November 23rd 04, 05:30 PM
Eva

"SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA" wrote in message
om...
Thanks you very much Roelof.

Good bye. Rest in Peace.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/foru...?id=6054#48176

I just found out. :-((( He was one of the old-timers here and he couldn't
do enough for you if you had a problem or a question. It's just not fair.

Eva
--
Join the Stargate SG-1 SETI@home Team
http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sa...p?teamid=30516