Alien Review - Final Thoughts

Old February 1st 04, 05:39 PM
Julian St.Cloud

Default Alien Review - Final Thoughts

Greetings And Salutations,

At the expense of being off topic those of us who have
communicated with Darla have had a grand old time testing her and
ourselves. Some alt.astronomy individuals have vented their
displeasure at us for using this astronomy forum to talk to our
self-proclaimed alien.
It has been fun. It has been a welcome diversion to the
realities we face everyday. At least until now. We have a member of
our ranks who has begun to have faith that Darla really is an alien.
She may be an illegal from Mexico but she is probably not an
extraterrestrial. Notice I said probably because how could I guarantee
that she isn't?
She tries to put forth that she is willing to teach all of us
many things if we are only willing to listen to and have faith in her.
However, she does not act like a teacher. She is too vague. Teachers
help students toward self discovery but give them the tools they need
to succeed. If Darla was a high school teacher in most any public
school she would be hated by the students who want to learn.
Now she has told us that they are no longer studying humans.
Interesting that after all these millions of years of study that after
a few discussions on Usenet humans are off the research list.
Interesting also that they will use the letter X preceding words they
will no longer try to find human language equivalents for.
Darla threw a clue to longevity in with a recent post
describing how they are going to use Usenet to relax now instead of do
research. I suppose the reference to endorphins has to do with humans
learning to relax more. Maybe we should just call Darla The Riddler?
Only those who have a penchant for puzzles must be worthy of
longevity or anything else our little visitors have to offer. If one
is unfortunate enough to be confounded by Darla's pearls of wisdom
then woe is that poor sap. He will either have to figure it out or die
trying. After all, Darla pointed out that nothing is free--Not even
telescopes.
For those of you that are human I have truly enjoyed your
interactions with Darla. I even rolled my eyes to the one post that I
was in on this charade with Darla. I have used some tricks to expose
Ms. Darla only to myself as to the probability of her claims being
true.
The one continuing thread of all of these, "Threads" is that
humans have a need for hope. Hope that there is more than just them in
this vast universe. I think humans would even find pleasure in no
longer being at the top of the food chain if they could prove there
was something from somewhere else other than Earth at least as smart
as them even if it was trying to eat them.
The natural development of thought has brought humans to the
place of needing a hero beyond the ones of old. The Lone Ranger and
Wonder Woman can no longer fill the need for desire to know something
that is a little bit better than your average human. This is the
perfect time in history for Darla to emerge. Even if that Darla is
only another imaginary hero like those of old.
Darla maintains that she has no need or desire to prove who
she is but would like the humans she has contact with on Usenet to
just trust her and learn from her. A truly advanced species that has
been studying humans for millions of years would know that what they
are asking for is a repeat of history that humans are slowly learning
not to repeat.
However, she isn't asking the impossible. Hitler managed it
not that long ago. Point out a need, find a cause to blame, rally
emotions, change the world. Hopefully Darla only has good things in
mind for she could have quite a negative impact on a few with her
charms. I don't see her being able to expand from Usenet into global
contact using her current revelatory methodology. She would have to at
least produce some results that could be perceived as results.
Extraterrestrial life is more than just a possibility it is a
probability. Darla being an alien is unlikely. If one is going to
claim to be extraterrestrial and using Usenet as one avenue of human
study then the only thing Darla could learn from her methodology is
that humans want to believe but need proof. Especially if they are
going to trust her as a teacher.
There is only one thing that was said that got me to think of
the limited possibility that Darla could be telling the truth and it
was said by Ollie. The rest of the riddles tell me that she is just
someone not meaning any harm to anyone but having fun with the process
of developing an alien persona.
Recently Darla proved to me that she is human. Since we all
have become a great fan of communicating in riddles I will leave all
of you to discover your own proof. Because just like she would have to
prove that she is an alien the opposite is true too. So how could I
say earlier that there is the possibility that she is an
extraterrestrial even though remote and now say she has proven to me
she is human? I suppose that will be another annoying riddle.
Let me reveal something to all of you. I am truly an
extraterrestrial. I found Darla's musings to amuse me. I have only
been around here for 6,252 Earth years studying the many species of
this planet. And I am kidding!
Did anyone feel anything in the pit of their stomach when
reading the previous paragraph? Laughter? Annoyance? Anger? Fear?
Anything at all?
Darla postulated the possibility in a post that I might be one
of the dreaded Men In Black. I do own a black hat. If I was a Man In
Black Darla would be low on my priority list to investigate. I would
check out Bert and Nightbat first. G
Anyone that has a mind that ponders in the realms of
cosmological sciences also holds a little hope of discovering
intelligent extraterrestrial life. Has anyone else considered the
absurdity of our communiques with Darla?
If we were in a seminar listening to someone speak to us as
Darla has we may have been polite for a short period of time to her
vagueness but probably would have gotten in our cars and went home
during a bathroom break. We have honored Darla by continuing our
pursuit to expose her or prove to ourselves she is either a real ET or
not.
It doesn't matter if she is an ET or a lonely human. She has a
beauty about her that is enticing. I commend her ability to stay in
character. Is this proof she is an alien? No. I also commend all of
you who converse with her. You have all stayed in character too. Even
oc.
If someone had access to AOL's subscriber information, and if
that someone had the ability to travel to an address and surveil a
house to see who was typing what on a computer keyboard, then if that
someone posted the information what would they be? Appreciated for
proving Darla was a human or would they be a criminal or both?
Gee I hope something like that doesn't happen. Of course if
Darla is really an ET then that can't possibly happen.
Anyway, goodbye Darla . . .

Julian St.CLoud
Old February 1st 04, 08:34 PM
What?!

We have honored Darla by continuing our pursuit to expose her or prove to
ourselves she is either a real ET or not.

Didn't you misspell "nut"?

In any case, it is a shame she/he/they/it weren't more clever; it would have
been fun to actually think for a few seconds that we really had an ET
posting to usenet.

Bye bye, Darla! Now don't try to adjust those med's yourself!!!!

Old February 1st 04, 09:31 PM
CLT

"Julian St.Cloud" wrote in message
Greetings And Salutations,

At the expense of being off topic those of us who have
communicated with Darla have had a grand old time testing her and
ourselves. Some alt.astronomy individuals have vented their
displeasure at us for using this astronomy forum to talk to our
self-proclaimed alien.

snip - remainder not read

Yes, it was funny for the first couple of posts. But you kept encouraging
her, and now we have another regular netloon like Min and some of the others
here.

At least she doesn't morph to prevent PLONKing, the way Danny boy does.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Old February 1st 04, 10:36 PM
Darla

[...]

Cannot pull the wool over Your eyes, can we. G

Darla