Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

Old January 19th 10, 06:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Scholar Weather Progress Energy in Hot Water(stole 146 M)

A balmy 54F today here in greater Hillsboro at 10:30 AM PST. The
temperature in my locker has gone up to 56F. Forecast high today
54F. Wind east at 18 mph and gusty. Partly cloudy, humidity 45%.
Set my laptop down on the bench outside the bottle return room while I
took care of business inside. Propped the doors open, but the wind
kept trying to blow them shut. I kept looking out every few seconds
to make sure my laptop was still there. Then I looked out and a guy
was walking off with it! I yelled at him and he gave it back. He
said he was going to take it someplace where they would keep it for
me. Sure! He was walking towards his truck! Another guy had a cart
of beer bottles, but both glass bottle machines were not working. So
he abandoned them there. After an appropriate time, I went back and
rang the service button. And rang it, and rang it. I went back in
the store and there seemed to be a real skeleton crew on duty today.
Not a courtesy clerk in sight who could have helped me. By the time I
went back outside and a courtesy clerk actually did show up, another
obvious bottle scavenger had appropriated the bottles! Well, they
were as much his as mine, so there was nothing I could do.

Double-A

Old January 19th 10, 07:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

"Double-A" wrote in message
[...]

What an honorable bunch....

Old January 20th 10, 06:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

41F here at Tannesbourne at 10:00 AM PST. Low 40F. Expected high
52F. A true Al Gore winter! Wind NW at 4 mph. Humidity 93%. Mostly
cloudy. Sophia is here this morning to make things more cheery. Not
much going on.

Double-A
Old January 21st 10, 06:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

46F here near Beaverton in the Beaver State at 10:15 AM PST. Low 36F.
Expected high an unseasonable 53F. No wind at the moment, nor rain.
Partly cloudy. Humidity 73%. Put one can in the return machine and
$0.45 came out! Feeling lucky! Sherilyn is occupying my corner spot
this morning, but she's all right with me! Sophia said yesterday that
they complained that she was too "bubbly" for Starbucks. I said,
what's a barista supposed to be? Solemn? Kim says I'm looking better
since I've been on her kimchee, rice, and noodles diet. More likely
it's because I trimmed my hair! Right now enjoying my ice cream
drumstick breakfast.

Double-A

Old January 22nd 10, 06:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

42F here in the silicon forest at 10:00 AM PST. Raining lightly.
Overcast. Humidity 96%. Low 37F. Expected high 45F. No wind. Ate
a big piece of German chocolate cake on sale for .99 for breakfast.
Chicken is on sale 8 pieces for $5, so will probably share with Kim
later. Sherilyn was here from early morning until after I left last
night at 7:40 PM. I hope her campaign to right the wrongs of the
medical / drug company complex succeeds. I told here about the story
of Johnson and Johnson being charged by federal prosecutors for
bribing nursing homes to push their schizophrenia drug. Perhaps
that's a start! Yesterday I saw a truck outside of Target that had
"National Association for Information Destruction" on it. A guy
brought out a trash can full of documents and dumped it in to a
hopper, and a big shredder in the truck started grinding them up on
the spot! I'll bet they do a great business at banks and government
offices! They should call themselves the "National Association for
Evidence Destruction"!

Double-A

Old January 23rd 10, 06:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

A lovely January Saturday morning! Calm. No rain. 42F at 10:00 AM.
Cloudy. Humidity 96%. Low 36F. Expected high 49F. Shared a big
tray of chicken that was on sale with Kim last night. She brought the
rice and kimchee to the table.

Double-A

Old January 24th 10, 06:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

39F at 10:30 AM here in the Silicone Forest in the Beaver State.
Expected high 46F. Humidity 99%. Cloudy and raining. Wind east at 3
mph. Found a bottle near the new Russian community here. It wasn't
refundable, but interesting. It had a star and a hammer and sickle on
it and said "Leninade"! It had other slogans on it. Up by the star
it said, "Join the party". Other slogans said, "A party in every
bottle". "Get hammer and sickled". "A taste worth standing in line
for". Great sense of humor these Russians have for their darker
days. I wonder what they think of Obama?

Double-A

Old January 25th 10, 06:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

45F at 10:30 AM PST here in the Beaver State. Low 37. Expected high
51. Sun shining, but rain in the forecast as usual. Wind east at 4
mph. Humidity 97%. Actually a very nice morning for January. Sophia
is on duty at Starbucks, so I am in good hands. One of the Safeway
employees was asking me directions to the local food pantry because
the food stamps for her and her son have been cut. Seems that most
employees at Safeway get food stamps. Most of them shop at WinCo too,
not Safeway! At WinCo Foods you can still find items being sold for
less than a dollar. Working hard and having to hustle you buns all
day (long hours) at Safeway just so you can have an apartment to crash
in at night, that takes most of your money, is it really worth the
effort? Doesn't keep you off the dole!

Double-A

Old January 25th 10, 09:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

"Double-A" wrote in message
Working hard and having to hustle you buns all
day (long hours) at Safeway just so you can have an apartment to crash
in at night, that takes most of your money, is it really worth the
effort? Doesn't keep you off the dole!

Every journey has a beginning.
The fact that there are bumps on the road
doesn't mean you shouldn't travel.

You have a slave's mentality.

Old January 25th 10, 10:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

On Jan 25, 1:21*pm, "HVAC" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

Working hard and having to hustle you buns all
day (long hours) at Safeway just so you can have an apartment to crash
in at night, that takes most of your money, is it really worth the
effort? *Doesn't keep you off the dole!

Every journey has a beginning.
The fact that there are bumps on the road
doesn't mean you shouldn't travel.

You have a slave's mentality.

Some roads lead to nowhere. From where I sit, they look like the
slaves, doing other people's bidding all day long, and for what?

Double-A

"Tune in, turn on, drop out." - Timothy Leary