Scientists to stop global warming with 100,000 square mile sun shade

Old March 9th 09, 09:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Scientists to stop global warming with 100,000 square mile sunshade

On Mar 9, 5:32*am, wrote:
On Mar 7, 2:40*pm, BradGuth wrote:

On Mar 7, 12:42*am, wrote:

Mook is Mongolian for 'eternal leader' - transliterated to 'monk' - it
was a term used by Mongol warriors who led the great Mongolian armies
of the 13th and 14th centuries.

You can read more at;

http://www.mokenergy.com/index.php?cID=44

That's what this screwed up nation of village idiots and morons needs,

This nation is not screwed up, nor are we village idiotrs or morons.

I should also have added, that the systems we use to organize our
affairs do not work the way we think they do. This gives rise to much
of the drama of the human condition, which will disappear once we hit
upon a workable system. I've done a video on that as well here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istE1...e=channel_page

Old March 11th 09, 02:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Mar 7, 12:42*am, wrote:

Mook is Mongolian for 'eternal leader' - transliterated to 'monk' - it
was a term used by Mongol warriors who led the great Mongolian armies
of the 13th and 14th centuries.

You can read more at;

http://www.mokenergy.com/index.php?cID=44

That's what this screwed up nation of village idiots and morons needs,

This nation is not screwed up, nor are we village idiotrs or morons.
Please re-read what you just wrote and now realize that the great
pleasure and satisfaction that you derive from that statement derives
from the momentary feeling of superiority you get when you say it.
Bottom line Brad, you have a problem.

Correct, whereas yourself, those Rothschilds and Ponzi Madoff have
always had it all figured out.

a 'eternal leader' that's rich and powerful like yourself and your
Rothschild partners.

If you look at the history of the house of Rothschild you'll see they
have no dealings whatever with Mook.

Since most everyone on Usenet/newsgroups obfuscates and lies, if you
say so.

Go to BHO and his Steven Chu, telling them exactly how it has to be.

I have no need to tell anyone anything - I am not doing so now. *That
you think I am commanding you and others somehow is again a reflection
of the mental disorder you suffer from. *Get professional help Brad,
that's the only way this can end positively.

I have only positive motives and actions. The only negative factors
in my life have come from the kinds of folks you worship.

In other words, take charge, and make good Mook **** happen.

I am - in fact - haha - I may get a t-shirt for my family - emblazoned
with - make good Mook **** happen - haha -

thanks for that.

Start off with the following:

Thorium Reactors, 1 GW per million
300 units (all identical)

Thoriun and all other fissiles will be gathered together, enriched
into harmless pulse unit triggers, and used to power deep space
nuclear pulse propulsion, where the primary energy source is lithium-6
deuteride or boron.

Good grief, so once again the Godly mindset of our bipolar Mook has no
interest in the salvation of humanity and our environment.

Plus loads of geothermal, wind and solar 1 TW

Not so much. *The real factor is cost *The best way to achieve that is
through concentrated photovoltaics.

No it is not the "best way", it is the one and only Mook way that's
never going to happen because you are a rather phony kind of guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvE-b...eature=related

Start beefing up and expanding our national power grid, roughly
doubling its current capacity.

Why? *The problem is the coal fired power plants not the wires that
connect them to the loads. *Those coal fired power plants are easily
converted to hydrogen. *As described here.

My God you are a bit dumber than dumb. No wonder Steven Chu nor that
of any other authority hasn't given you a call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWiXD...eature=related

*~ BG

The real issue is transport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxV2F...eature=related

300 units of 1 GW thorium reactors would fix our energy needs and
national security right flat ass now. Your pie in the sky **** is at
best decades away, and does absolutely nothing to reverse inflation.
Of course, everything could also be accomplished via geothermal, and
along with thorium reactors we'd be exporting LH2 and h2o2 plus
whatever synfuel from your coal. No matters what, we still need to
double if not quadruple our national grid capacity.

~ BG
Old March 11th 09, 02:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Mar 7, 12:42*am, wrote:

Mook is Mongolian for 'eternal leader' - transliterated to 'monk' - it
was a term used by Mongol warriors who led the great Mongolian armies
of the 13th and 14th centuries.

You can read more at;

http://www.mokenergy.com/index.php?cID=44

That's what this screwed up nation of village idiots and morons needs,

This nation is not screwed up, nor are we village idiotrs or morons.

I should also have added, that the systems we use to organize our
affairs do not work the way we think they do. *This gives rise to much
of the drama of the human condition, which will disappear once we hit
upon a workable system. *I've done a video on that as well here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=istE1...e=channel_page

Don't stop now, because there's no time to waste, nor better time than
right now.

btw, youtube takes too long to load, and it all looks rather fuzzy.

~ BG
Old March 11th 09, 08:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Since the solar sail is positioned between the Earth and the Sun, if
it is close enough to fall to Earth, light pressure will push it
toward Earth. The only way is to position it past lagrange point 1 -
between Earth and sun - to that light pressure keeps it in place as
you say. That's 1.5 million km away - and to cover 2% the disk of the
sun as seen from Earth requires a shade 1,969.3 km in diameter. A
thin film shade of 22 million tons will do the trick. Made of 20 km
diameter elements, they can even reorient to form a venetian blind
effect to control the variation.

Placed in orbit, the units then use solar light and solar wind to
navigate to the L1 point between Earth and Sun.

A 30 year program consuming 10% of the world's plastic to form GBO
films - would do the trick. It would cost $0.50 per barrel to achieve
it. It would also produce a fleet of reusable heavy lift launchers
that would radically reduce costs to orbit, making solar power sats
practical, and cities on the moon and mars a real possibility.
Old March 13th 09, 11:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

3.045 million sq km of solar panels could be adapted to power solar
pumped lasers at about 28% efficiency. In space nominal irradiance
from the Sun is 1,358 W/m2 - this means 380 MW/km2 - so, 3.045 million
sq km in space using this technology produces 1,157.8 trillion watts
of usable power. This is 100 times th 11.5 trillion watts humanity
currently uses. With 7% growth rate we will grow to use this much
power in 68 years. At $6 per watt specific productivity, our economic
activity should grow to $6.6 quadrillion per year. With a total
population of 11.7 billion people average per capita income in that
era would be $564,000 per year - a family of four would make on aveage
$40,000 per week.

72% of the energy blocked by the sunshade, would be blocked, the 28%
beamed to users including industry on orbit and in space - would only
partly heat Earth - so, the sunshade would work even if energy were
beamed to users on and around Earth.

Per capita energy use would be 100,000 watts - more than enough to
sustain 4.7 metric tons of product flows from Earth - for every man
woman and child - far more than today's international trade -
providing a seamless transportation system for all humanity across the
solar system. Flow to Earth would be higher.

Of course there's no reason to limit the number of solar pumped lasers
to this area - though we wouldn't want to put more than that 3.045
million sq km at L1.

A network of reforming satellites in GEO and in sun synch polar orbits
in MEO would operate like transformers in our present power net
(thought totally different in physical process) to make energy
available on demand by users on Earth in the skies and on orbit.

Since very high living standards result in zero population growth - it
is unlikely that we will ever get to 11 billion in a high growth
scenario. If we grew economically at 16% for example, it is likely
that population will peak at around 8 billion in 40 years. A program
like this one, involving solar pumped lasers operating by reflected
light from the sunshades - would have this benefit.