Bye-bye INF treaty?

Old March 12th 07, 08:48 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

On Mar 12, 3:28 pm, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On 12 Mar 2007 12:23:35 -0700, in a place far, far away, "Jordan"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

:About euros vs. dollars, who conspired and how? Do tell. I mean you
:have this idea about how I have a conspiracy theory. What is it? What
:does it look like to you?

The claim that this was the root of the Iraq war, of course. Pure
paranoid conspiracy theory...

It was one of the "real" causes of the Iraq war. Can't have OPEC
countries accepting anything but dollars, or else someone could get
hurt (to borrow from the likes of Tony Soprano).

What evidence do you have that this was one of our reasons for
invading Iraq?

He has no evidence. Just a loony conspiracy theory by a leftist
professor at Berkeley.

Rand practicing censorship. Why don't you debate the professor on your
blog? I dare you!

Dr. Scott is probably the most impeccable researcher out there with
detailed references, thorough supporting evidence, etc. You, we are
simply supposed to believe because you say so.

Eric

Old March 12th 07, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko

On Mar 12, 3:23 pm, "Jordan" wrote:
On Mar 12, 6:07 pm, "Eric Chomko" wrote:

On Mar 10, 2:49 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

::Fred J. McCall wrote:

: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: :On Mar 5, 10:44 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : Matt wrote:
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : Matt wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :snipped
: : :
: : : :http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...177726543.html
: : :
: : : Too easily explained as 'disgruntled employee'. Just reading the web
: : : page cited and noting the phrasing makes it pretty clear that the
: : : writer is more interested in 'spin' than accuracy.
: : :
: : :
: : :Considering the circumstances of his resignation, yes, he will sound
: : :like a disgruntled employee. Paraphrasing - "In my job as an analyst, I
: : :can see there is no evidence of Iraq having WMDs that are a threat, but
: : :the gov.au is saying that my department backs their assertion that they
: : :do. I want no part of it." You value your ethical standards, too, right?
: : :
: : :The upshot is, if Australian intelligence was aware of this prior to
: : :troop deployment to Iraq, it's not a stretch to say that so did the
: : :intelligence agencies of those major countries you mentioned.
: : :
: : :Are you shocked that our governments might actually bend the truth for
: : :the sake of furthering political endeavours? Let's face it, war is good
: : :for the economy, and we really need that oil..
: :
: : I'm shocked that you can't read 'spin' and recognize it. Hell, I
: : actually had an English course on propaganda and how it works when I
: : was in high school and yet here you are not being able to recognize
: : blatant bias when you read it.
: :
: : Ask yourself how much oil the US got from or is getting from Iraq.
: :
: :It is about what currency Iraq is accepting for said oil. Saddam dared
: :to take euros and the current regime is back to using dollars.
:
: And so we're back to Eric's favorite conspiracy theory....
:
:No, no, you moron (borrowing from Rand), the JFK assassination is my
:favorite conspiracy theory.

Are you sure it's not the moon landings being a fake that's your
favorite conspiracy theory?

Nope, I am convinced they were real. Nice try, though.

:About euros vs. dollars, who conspired and how? Do tell. I mean you
:have this idea about how I have a conspiracy theory. What is it? What
:does it look like to you?

The claim that this was the root of the Iraq war, of course. Pure
paranoid conspiracy theory...

It was one of the "real" causes of the Iraq war. Can't have OPEC
countries accepting anything but dollars, or else someone could get
hurt (to borrow from the likes of Tony Soprano).

What evidence do you have that this was one of our reasons for
invading Iraq?

Start he

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~pdscott/iraq.html

and he

http://www.countercurrents.org/us-petrov200106.htm

Eric

- Jordan

Old March 13th 07, 02:11 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Jordan wrote:
It's generally believed that Iran does not have nuclear weapons; the
Iranians themselves claim not to possess any, and it would be to their
benefit if they had any to publicize the fact. A secret deterrent
does no good.

Sometimes the unknown is the best deterrent of all.
Remember how coy Israel was about its nuclear arsenal.
Pakistan also had quite a few weapons stockpiled before it detonated one.
In early 2003, most intelligence agencies believed that _Iraq_ was
closer to acquiring nuclear weapons than was Iran.

And we were wrong.
What happens if we are wrong on this also, and they do have four
ex-Soviet nuclear weapons of some sort, as was reported in 1999?
This is pretty high stakes poker.

Are you arguing that Clinton _wasn't_ being weak for trying to stop
the program by negotiation, or are you arguing that Bush 43 _is_ being
weak for doing so?

Bush's new proposal is basically the Clinton proposal all over again:
they'd agreed to that, but Bush threw it in the garbage, and the only
result was that they did indeed detonate a nuke.
So we wouldn't be in any worse of a situation if we had tried the
Clinton plan, and might have been in a better one.
Bush flipped Teddy Roosevelt's axiom on its head and talked loudly while
carrying a little stick.

Pat
Old March 13th 07, 02:14 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Rand Simberg wrote:
What evidence do you have that this was one of our reasons for
invading Iraq?

He has no evidence. Just a loony conspiracy theory by a leftist
professor at Berkeley.

Meanwhile, south of the border:

Pat
Old March 13th 07, 02:21 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:On Mar 10, 2:40 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: ::Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :On Mar 8, 10:40 am, Pat Flannery wrote:
: : : Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : :
: : : :"Dubya says: 'Invade Afganistan'!"
: : : :"Sir, yes sir!"
: : : :"Dubya says: 'Invade Iraq'!"
: : : :"Sir, yes sir!"
: : : :"Torture our prisoners!"
: : : :"Sir, yes sir!"
: : : :"Heh-heh...I didn't say: 'Dubya says', so it's not my fault, ****ers."
: : :
: : : Jesus, you're an idiot sometimes, Pat ... and that IS your fault.
: : :
: : : "Mr. President, are you going to pardon Scooter Libby?"
: : : "Scooter who? Never heard of him."
: : : "Mr. President, didn't you considerably cut back funding for the VA,
: : : leading to the sort of of appalling conditions seen at Walter Reed?"
: : : "Walter who? Never heard of him."
: : : "Mr. President, didn't Donald Rumsfeld become the fall guy for this
: : : administration's failures in Iraq?"
: : : "Donald who? Never heard of him."
: : : "Mr. President, it's been said that George Bush is just a mindless
: : : puppet front-man for a bunch of crooks and political wackos who are
: : : doing irreparable harm to this nation, its people, its standing in the
: : : world, and its military forces. What do you think of that statement?"
: : : "George who? Never heard of...hey, wait a second, I resent that. Nobody
: : : talks about my dad like that." :-)
: : :
: : :Makes me think of the presidents list as:
: : :
: : :Reagan
: : :Bush
: : :Clinton
: : :Bush
: : :Clinton
: : :
: : :Nothing is doing more to get another Clinton in the WH other than the
: : :current Bush.
: :
: : And nothing is doing more to keep her (and other Democrats) out than
: : idiots like the preceding. "I Hate George Bush And So Should You"
: : isn't considered an adequate statement of policy by most sane
: : people...
: :
: :Then a whole lot of insane people are going to shake up your world
: :beliefs.
:
: Not likely. I don't let idiots dictate my beliefs.
:
:Right, you are idiot enough to dicate them yourself.

I seldom dicate anything. I believe in whole ideas, not nonsense
pieces such as you put forward.

:
: :At the rate you're going, you're going to welcome death as a way out.
: :Poor Freddy...
:
: See what I mean about you being an idiot, El Chimpko?
:
:To whom are you posing the question to, Freddy?

You, El Chimpko. Don't you read plain English?

:You act as if anyone
:actually reads your posts. You are quite alone.

I would certainly agree if I was only with you. But I'm not.

I'll simply note that I've had people killfile me solely because I
reply to you. I'd bet you've never had anyone killfile you for
responding to me.

That seems to tell the real story here...

--
"You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of
your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear."
Old March 13th 07, 02:22 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:On Mar 10, 2:41 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: ::Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: : Pat Flannery wrote:
: :
: : :
: : :
: : :Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : :
[...]
: : I repeat - Jesus, you're an idiot sometimes, Pat ... and that IS your
: : fault.
: :
: :The fact that Pat has you repeating yourself is pure entertainment.
: :Poor Freddy...
:
: See what I mean about you being an idiot, El Chimpko?
:
:Your rhetoric has sort of Norman Bates likeness to it. Do you answer
:your questions as well with one of your other personalities?

See what I mean about you being an idiot, El Chimpko?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old March 13th 07, 02:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:On Mar 10, 2:47 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
:
: ::Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: : "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: : :On Mar 8, 1:30 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: : : Pat Flannery wrote:
: : :
: : : :"Dubya says: 'Invade Afganistan'!"
: : : :"Sir, yes sir!"
: : : :"Dubya says: 'Invade Iraq'!"
: : : :"Sir, yes sir!"
: : : :"Torture our prisoners!"
: : : :"Sir, yes sir!"
: : : :"Heh-heh...I didn't say: 'Dubya says', so it's not my fault, ****ers."
: : :
: : : Jesus, you're an idiot sometimes, Pat ... and that IS your fault.
: : :
: : :And you lack a sense of humor.
: :
: : Not at all. I just don't find most political idiocy 'funny'.
: :
: :One's political idiocy is another's political humor.
:
: Not really. It's either funny or it isn't. This sort of stupidity
: isn't.
:
:That is your opinion, Freddy. Again you flunk Empathy 101.
:I can understand how you don't see it as funny, but you can't claim
:universally that it isn't funny to others.

It's funny to idiots. No doubt you find it hilarious.

:
: :Geez McClod,
: :didn't they teach you a sense of empathy in the Navy?
:
: No, my job was to kill people and break ****.
:
:LA cop? You could be one.

Can't you even keep the thread from one sentence of yours to the next?
Hint: "...in the Navy" is not "LA cop".

: :Or were you napping?
:
: As frequently as possible. The fact that you even ask merely further
: indicates your ignorance about the real military, where happiness can
: frequently be composed of merely getting sufficient sleep.
:
:Life in general can be that way as well. Other jobs, too.

You have no idea. The fact that you make the preceding statement
simply shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

: :Maybe your folks were deficient?
:
: My folks weren't in the Navy.
:
:So you're owning up to you own deficiency? Well that's a start...

So you're making **** up again? Well that's business as usual...

: However, if we assume your problem is congenital, it seems obvious
: that your folks were defectives.
:
:I'll bet my folks' certifications against your folks'. You seem to
:take pride in being certified as being sane; I'll take my folks
:education creds over anything you can produce about your folks. My
:mother was third in her class. Do your mother even go to college?

Of course. In Germany, where it's a bit harder than here.

: :VICES, McClod. V for vitality, I for intelligence, C for courage, E
: :for empathy, and S for sympathy. Don't get hung up on the acronym,
: :it'll only short your brain.
: :
: :Perhaps you're only a "VIC" or less?
:
: The more stupid **** you make up the stupider you look, Eric.
:
:Sorry this went over your head. You truly are limited to math and
:science aren't you?

It didn't 'go over my head'. I just thought it was stupid, since I'm
not 20 and haven't been for a long time. Another 'non-funny joke'.

:What is stupid here is your inability to look at everything in a way
:as a means to learn something. You pick and choose in a limiting way,
:and in that regard I have you beat ten-fold. Poor Freddy, learned one
:way to learn and never learned how to improve on that single way.

Again, there is a difference between having an open mind and having a
hole in your head. Everything is not a 'learning experience' because
sometimes there is nothing to learn.

For example, the only thing to be learned from discussion with you is
that you are an idiot.

: :
: : :But perhaps you can't help that being a
: : :closed rather than an open person.
: :
: : There's a difference between having an open mind and having a hole in
: : your head, Eric. You demonstrate the latter quite nicely...
: :
: :Perhaps you DO have a sense of humor as I did smile when I read the
: :last sentence.
:
: I don't know why. It's an old, tired joke.
:
:Perhaps the joke is just fine and you are old and tired?

Perhaps you should stop trying so hard until you actually grow a sense
of humour?

:
: :Fine, holes in my head, anything to have you have a
: :sense of humor. You're learning Freddy.
:
: All the time, but never from you.
:
:Right, because you choose not to. How stupid!

No, because there is nothing to learn from that source other than that
that source is an adamantine idiot.

: :When this is all over you
: :might actually become a real human being instead of a terminally
: edantic ass which no one wants to be around.
:
: What 'this' do you stupidly think is going on, Eric?
:
:I am teaching you to have an open mind despite you consciously
:fighting it.

You really ARE deluded, aren't you?

: :Wanna bet who people want to talk to at your dinner party. When was
: :the last time you hosted a dinner party? Invited to one? Be honest...
:
: I've never cared for dinner parties, so I don't have them. I stick to
: things I enjoy. I have the luxury of doing that, you see.
:
:You imply I don't? I have the luxury of choosing what I like as well,
:and I choose to be socialable. Sorry that you don't.

I didn't imply anything. However, you make an outright stupidly
incorrect statement, above.

: Why would I want to host a dinner party, El Chimpko?
:
:Entertain friends and vice versa, socialize, etc.

You know, I don't think I even know anyone who does 'dinner parties'.
Those went out long ago. I'm sorry that you're so limited that you
think this is the only way to 'socialize'.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old March 13th 07, 02:36 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:On Mar 10, 2:49 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: :About euros vs. dollars, who conspired and how? Do tell. I mean you
: :have this idea about how I have a conspiracy theory. What is it? What
: :does it look like to you?
: :
:
: The claim that this was the root of the Iraq war, of course. Pure
: paranoid conspiracy theory...
:
:
:It was one of the "real" causes of the Iraq war. Can't have OPEC
:countries accepting anything but dollars, or else someone could get
:hurt (to borrow from the likes of Tony Soprano).

This is the stupidest idea that I've heard about what 'caused' the
Iraq war.

:A "fake" cause is the
:claim that Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

I'll simply note that this is a 'claim' that I've only heard from
liberals and Democrats. Rather like the threat of a military draft
that only ever comes from Charlie Rangel.

--
"His ignorance is encyclopedic."
-- Abba Eban