Bye-bye INF treaty?

Old March 6th 07, 02:36 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

Fred J. McCall wrote:
Hint: If it was all about oil, we'd have invaded Canada. We get a
lot more oil from them, they're closer, and the women are probably
friendlier.

But Canada wouldn't try to undercut OPECs oil prices, leading to lower
worldwide oil prices and the end of Exxon's record-breaking
profits...Iraq was thinking about that strategy:
http://www.maconareaonline.com/news.asp?id=10198

Pat
Old March 6th 07, 03:55 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Christopher Manteuffel

On Mar 5, 10:21 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:

There probably wouldn't have been any available. They'd just started
going into service a few years before.

The numerous refuelings of the F-111's on the strike mission were done
by KC-10's flying in group with them (the Extenders were refueled in
turn by KC-135's).

Chris Manteuffel

Old March 6th 07, 09:11 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Leonard C Robinson

The Commodore unto "Jordan": greetings.

Re the sea of atomic glass which used to be the Islamic Republic of Iran --
let us hope the Ayatollahs see reason as written in the Qur'an and expanded
in the Hadith.

At the same time, let us hope that all sides see reason, and that the sea of
atomic glass which used to be the Islamic Republic of Iran remains
fictional, and that the Euphrates River flows gently through the area.

Old March 7th 07, 03:51 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Pat Flannery wrote:

:
:
:Fred J. McCall wrote:
: Hint: If it was all about oil, we'd have invaded Canada. We get a
: lot more oil from them, they're closer, and the women are probably
: friendlier.
:
:
:But Canada wouldn't try to undercut OPECs oil prices, leading to lower
:worldwide oil prices and the end of Exxon's record-breaking
rofits...Iraq was thinking about that strategy:
:http://www.maconareaonline.com/news.asp?id=10198

Why would we care if Iraq broke the OPEC cartel? I'd think we'd
rather like the idea.

Or is this just another silly, ideological 'oil is evil' spiel?

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."
Old March 7th 07, 04:02 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Christopher Manteuffel" wrote:

:On Mar 5, 10:21 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: There probably wouldn't have been any available. They'd just started
: going into service a few years before.
:
:The numerous refuelings of the F-111's on the strike mission were done
:by KC-10's flying in group with them (the Extenders were refueled in
:turn by KC-135's).

And you think they'd have made them available for a USN strike? Hell,
you can't rely on getting USAF gas when it's in the Op Order NOW and
life is a lot more 'purple' than it was then.

--
"It's always different. It's always complex. But at some point,
somebody has to draw the line. And that somebody is always me....
Old March 7th 07, 07:09 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Christopher Manteuffel

On Mar 6, 11:02 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:

And you think they'd have made them available for a USN strike?

If the President approved a (presumably Navy generated) plan that
called for that, then yes. Obeying legal orders from the President is
what military officers do.

Chris Manteuffel

Old March 8th 07, 01:27 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Leonard C Robinson wrote:
At the same time, let us hope that all sides see reason, and that the sea of
atomic glass which used to be the Islamic Republic of Iran remains
fictional, and that the Euphrates River flows gently through the area.

The Euphrates is in Iraq, not Iran.
The Garden Of Eden was also in Iraq according to the biblical
description of its location, which shows you how the neighborhood has
gone downhill. :-)

Pat

Old March 8th 07, 02:55 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

"Christopher Manteuffel" wrote:

:On Mar 6, 11:02 pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
:
: And you think they'd have made them available for a USN strike?
:
:If the President approved a (presumably Navy generated) plan that
:called for that, then yes. Obeying legal orders from the President is
:what military officers do.

I repeat - you can't rely on USAF gas when the operational order says
they're supposed to service USN aircraft NOW, and it's a lot more
purple world now than it was then.

--
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Old March 8th 07, 03:20 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Christopher Manteuffel wrote:
If the President approved a (presumably Navy generated) plan that
called for that, then yes. Obeying legal orders from the President is
what military officers do.

"Dubya says: 'Invade Afganistan'!"
"Sir, yes sir!"
"Dubya says: 'Invade Iraq'!"
"Sir, yes sir!"
"Torture our prisoners!"
"Sir, yes sir!"
"Heh-heh...I didn't say: 'Dubya says', so it's not my fault, ****ers."

Pat
Old March 8th 07, 04:31 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Fred J. McCall wrote:

Why would we care if Iraq broke the OPEC cartel? I'd think we'd
rather like the idea.

Oh, _we_ would....big oil wouldn't, as its profits then drop as oil
prices decline.
Read the article, the neocons got taken to the cleaners by big oil.

Pat