CEV PDQ

Old May 15th 05, 11:30 PM
Reed Snellenberger

Pat Flannery wrote:

Wow... this is kind of like that Heisenberg uncertainty thing, isn't it?
:-)

.... thus was born Flannery's Correlary to Heisenberg's Uncertainty
Principle:

"The progress (momentum) and status (position) of NASA's manned space
efforts cannot be measured at the same time"

--
Reed Snellenberger
GPG KeyID: 5A978843
Old May 15th 05, 11:36 PM
Reed Snellenberger

Pat Flannery wrote:

Wow... this is kind of like that Heisenberg uncertainty thing, isn't it?
:-)

.... thus was born Flannery's Corollary to Heisenberg's Uncertainty
Principle:

"The progress and current status of NASA's manned space efforts cannot
both be measured simultaneously."

Old May 16th 05, 12:41 AM
Pat Flannery

Charles Buckley wrote:

Yes, there is a very, very good scientific base to think that
basic martian soil in chemically active. They did get some
chemical reaction on the Viking mission experiments.

I've got a book entirely about the Viking biology experiments and the
conclusion that superoxides were what was giving the strange results of
them- "The Search For Life On Mars" by Henry SF Cooper Jr.
I still think it would be great to get a sample of Lunar soil that's
never been exposed to oxygen, and see what it's like in chemical
formulation prior to being exposed to any atmosphere.

Pat

Old May 16th 05, 12:48 AM
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:

"Michael P. Walsh" wrote in message

Are you the same Pat Flannery who posts nonsense and doggerel?

Nono- this is Pat Flannery. He pronounces his name "Pat Flannery". The Pat
Flannery that posts nonsense and doggerel pronounces his name "Pat
Flannery". Slight difference in pronounciation.

I'm still surprised he didn't fish a Sonic Screwdriver out of his bag
off tools.
Actually, it's spelled "Pat Flannery", but it's pronounced
"Throatwarbler Mangrove". We are all "Throatwarbler Mangrove".
Except for James Oberg...James Oberg is The One. :-)

Pat
Old May 16th 05, 01:12 AM
Peter Stickney

Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote:
Derek Lyons wrote:

Gas doesn't come from spicy food Pat.

It does for me... garlic or onions in particular will

cause a stirring
recreation of the battle of Ypres to occur.

The problem here is that you are characterizing
"aromatic vegetables" as "spices."

Rhon,
You have to remember that Pat is from the Dakotas. Out there (As it
was growing up as a kid in Northern New England, also known for its
adventurous cuisine) Salt is a Spice. Green Bell Peppers are
unbelievably exotic. What doesn't come out of a Cow is most likely
Scandahoovian in origin.

Could be worse, could be New Brunswick, Canada, Eh?, where if it
doesn't come from underneath the ground or the inside of a cow, they
won't eat it. i thought my mother's cooking (See Northern New
England, above) was bland, until I ate my Mother-in-Law's forage.

--
Pete Stickney
Java Man knew nothing about coffee.
Old May 16th 05, 01:24 AM
Peter Stickney

Chuck Stewart wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:17:02 -0500, Pat Flannery wrote:

Big-ass snip that basically says that if the US Space Command
(hereafter known as spacecom) is to perform its assigned jobs of
protecting US interests in space and making sure the US military
the freedom and ability to use its space-based assets for offense
and defense it needs ready access to space... and it currently
doesn't have it...

"Shock! Shock!"

But where does Dark Lord Cheney say NASA fits into this?

But the evil Space Force! What about the evil Space Force?

We;'re waiting for GASCAP to finish the royalty negotiations for the
new Patrol Anthem = "Our Patrol", a tune that brings a tear to teh
eye of anyone hearing it. (It's really that bad)

And an evil US Space Force is born!
Sound the Imperial March!

We'll stick with "Our Patrol" - especially after Dr. Bergenholm sorts
out the sublminals.

Er... "rule space"...?
Cue the Imperial March again!

How many time do I have to...
By Klono's Chomium Claws, do I have to send Mr. DeKalb and Mr. DeCatur
over to talk with you? Your mind says you'd rather I didn't.
Well, that, and the Catgirls.

Actually... the US Space Force will rule space the same way the US
Army rules the land, the US Navy rules the sea, and the way the US
Air Force rules the air. So what else is new?

Serious question: Are you getting your peyote buttons from the same
place Kyle gets his mescaline?

Thinoite I suspect. Pat Flannery, Zwilnik? Hmmm.

Lensman Stickney, reverently performing the intricate motions of the
Lensman's Seal. (It's the only way to get the zipper zipped.)

Old May 16th 05, 01:28 AM
OM

On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:41:26 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I've got a book entirely about the Viking biology experiments and the
conclusion that superoxides were what was giving the strange results of
them...

....Oh, so *that's* what they're calling Mead these days. No wonder I
can't find it by that name in the liquor stores!

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 01:30 AM
OM

On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:36:00 GMT, Reed Snellenberger
wrote:

... thus was born Flannery's Corollary to Heisenberg's Uncertainty
Principle:

"The progress and current status of NASA's manned space efforts cannot
both be measured simultaneously."

....And then there's OM's Certainty Corollary Principle:

"It's a certainty no matter how good or bad the progress of NASA's
manned space efforts really are, the PAO will never give the details
in a timely or factual manner. Nor in an interesting one at that."

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 01:34 AM
OM

On Sun, 15 May 2005 16:05:44 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Wow... this is kind of like that Heisenberg uncertainty thing, isn't it?

....I've heard two people today mention Heisenberg. One claimed he
invented beer, the other claimed he was a jeweler. Go figure.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 16th 05, 01:38 AM
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Scott Hedrick wrote:
"Derek Lyons" wrote:

A Google search on virtually any topic will show a fair
number of believers in said topic.

Quantity does not equal quality.

....not to put too fine a point on it or anything, eh?

rl