New Heat Resistant Stuff

Old October 15th 03, 11:33 PM
Patrick McConnell

Default New Heat Resistant Stuff

Not sure what to make of this...

http://science.slashdot.org/article....de=thread&tid=
134&tid=160

It's probably nothing, but maybe you'll be able to tell your kids you saw it
first.

Patrick

Old October 16th 03, 07:04 AM
Alan Erskine

"Patrick McConnell" wrote in message
Not sure what to make of this...

http://science.slashdot.org/article....de=thread&tid=
134&tid=160

It's probably nothing, but maybe you'll be able to tell your kids you saw

it
first.

Patrick

It sounds _very_ good, but I have questions:
1 Can it stand 25,000+km/h re-entry speeds?
2 How dense is it (how much does it weigh per unit of volume)?
3 If it "can be washed off" as the story claims, what if it rains?
4 How brittle is it?
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

The U.S. Government is in the
peculiar position of toppling foreign
governments in the name of democracy.

Oh, how democractic!

Old October 16th 03, 02:11 PM
stmx3

Patrick McConnell wrote:
Not sure what to make of this...

http://science.slashdot.org/article....de=thread&tid=
134&tid=160

It's probably nothing, but maybe you'll be able to tell your kids you saw it
first.

Patrick

That's great stuff! Hopefully it will work out for him. The guy seems
to be a real character! I especially like that he doesn't know how it
works, but it does!

What a neat story...if some guy can mix an exotic heat resistant
substance in his basement while major corporations spend millions...even
billions...in the lab (even a MICROGRAVITY lab)!