Light Question

Old September 26th 04, 01:27 AM
Micky

Default Light Question

I was reading somewhere that they made the first light antenna. I suppose
that would make it 100's of times quicker than radio signals.?
What if Aliens only ever used this type of signal for communication has it
ever been tested for.?
If I were an intelligent being surely it would make sense using a technology
that is the speed of light rather than radio.

What are your views on the potential of this technology out of interest.?
Mick

Old September 29th 04, 12:47 PM
Julian Bordas

Micky wrote:
I was reading somewhere that they made the first light antenna. I suppose
that would make it 100's of times quicker than radio signals.?
What if Aliens only ever used this type of signal for communication has it
ever been tested for.?
If I were an intelligent being surely it would make sense using a technology
that is the speed of light rather than radio.

Radio travels at the speed of light. They are both electromagnetic
radiation, they do have different wavelengths.