New Kennedy Space Center director named Kennedy

Old July 14th 03, 03:53 AM
Rick DeNatale

Default New Kennedy Space Center director named Kennedy

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:27:42 +0000, Jorge R. Frank wrote:

When his name first came up for the job a while back, I suggested he answer
the phone like this: "Kennedy Space Center! Kennedy speaking - how may I
help you?"

It's better than the many answering machines owned by folks named White
who greet you with something like.

"Thanks for calling the White house, the President and First lady are busy
right now but..."
Old July 14th 03, 11:29 PM
Doug...

In article ,
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy... _facility.org says...
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:49:59 +0100, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

In message , Rick DeNatale

It's better than the many answering machines owned by folks named White
who greet you with something like.

"Thanks for calling the White house, the President and First lady are busy
right now but..."

Well, if you call the right number in New Zealand you get a brothel with
that name. Apparently the US Embassy was none too pleased.

...And for years one of the biggest head shops down here in Austopolis
was called the White House. Until Austin Books opened up, it was the
only place in town to get copies of _The Fabulous Furry Freak
Brothers_ in those days.

ring ring "Hello? This is the, uh... hey guys, what do we call this
place again? Oh, yeah, this is, like, the White House, man... oh, wow!
The White House! Like, that's so funny, man! Like, 'This is the White
House, man, so that makes me the President, huh?' Hahahaha! So, uh...
hey, man, I can't remember why I called you. Never mind, man." click

--

It's not the pace of life I mind; | Doug Van Dorn
it's the sudden stop at the end... |