Hi-res Clavius

Old October 14th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

Default Hi-res Clavius

Hi all,

Seeing wasn't too bad at all last night. I decided to wait until the
Moon was a bit higher in the sky to try for a hi-res shot of Clavius.
However, after a perfectly clear night, the clouds decided to creep
in. The hi-res shot was compromised to the left of the picture by
turbulent seeing and cloud cover. I'm fairly happy with the result
though...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/lunar/c..._text_1024.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old October 14th 06, 02:30 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Pete Lawrence[_1_]

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:26:32 +0100, Pete Lawrence
wrote:

Hi all,

Seeing wasn't too bad at all last night. I decided to wait until the
Moon was a bit higher in the sky to try for a hi-res shot of Clavius.
However, after a perfectly clear night, the clouds decided to creep
in. The hi-res shot was compromised to the left of the picture by
turbulent seeing and cloud cover. I'm fairly happy with the result
though...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/lunar/c..._text_1024.jpg

Typical! Just as I post the link, my host goes down!! Here's an
alternative link

http://www.globalobservers.net//SkyI..._text_1024.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Old October 14th 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Mike L'Mao[_1_]

One of the best! And with a meade yet. Thats the crater featured in 2001.

Old October 14th 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
George[_1_]

wrote:

Hi all,

Seeing wasn't too bad at all last night. I decided to wait until the
Moon was a bit higher in the sky to try for a hi-res shot of Clavius.
However, after a perfectly clear night, the clouds decided to creep
in. The hi-res shot was compromised to the left of the picture by
turbulent seeing and cloud cover. I'm fairly happy with the result
though...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/lunar/c..._text_1024.jpg

Typical! Just as I post the link, my host goes down!! Here's an
alternative link

http://www.globalobservers.net//SkyI..._text_1024.jpg
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Outstanding detail, Pete. Thanks for sharing.

George