Binoculars: Vixen Ascot vs Konus Vuexcell

Old August 20th 03, 01:15 PM
Nikos Aslanakis

Default Binoculars: Vixen Ascot vs Konus Vuexcell

I went last week to evaluate some binoculars (10x50 or 7x50) that I
want to purchase for astronomical use.

I have limited my search to two choices:
Konus Vuexcell 10x50
Vixen Ascot 10x50

A local dealer has the Konus line of products and I had the chance to
test some models. Testing the first two (cheap) models I was really
dissapointed. Then he gave me a 7x50 Konus Vuexcel pair (top of the
line, BaK-4 prisms, special optic coating). The view was astonishing!
Crisp, bright view and absolutely fantastic eyepieces! That was
something I didn't expect from a Konus product!

In a week I will give a try to a pair of Vixen Ascots (10x50) for
which I have read very good reviews. But what bothers me is that in
the Vixen's site there is no reference of the Ascots having BaK-4
prisms. Some posts say that the Ascots ARE having BaK-4 prisms, but
wouldn't Vixen state that in their description as they clearly do
about their Ultima series?

Does anybody know for sure if the Vixen Ascot series does have BaK-4
prisms?
Also, is there anyone that owns the Konus Vuexcell binos? How do they
compare to the Ascots?

Thanks in advance..
Old August 20th 03, 05:42 PM
Gin

I owned a pair of 10x50 Vixen Ascot before. It was wriiten BAK-4 on the
binoculars itself

Cheers
Gin
om...

Old August 21st 03, 07:28 AM
Nikos Aslanakis

Well, I wonder why Vixen doesn't state this.. Anyway I will check it
before I decide.

Thanks Gin!