What a Beautiful Launch

Old June 9th 07, 12:47 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
John[_3_]

Default What a Beautiful Launch

C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

Old June 9th 07, 12:53 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
dezmaas

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

Beautiful indeed. Great video again of the ET sep.

Old June 9th 07, 12:54 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
forkazoo

On Jun 8, 5:47 pm, John wrote:
C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

I am watching NASA TV coverage, so it didn't get cut off, but it did
seem that everything went smooth. Today's launch happened to take
place on my birthday, so I am telling folks that NASA lit really big
candles for me.
Just passed 15 minutes from launch, and everything is still good. I'm
happy.

Old June 9th 07, 12:55 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
snidely

On Jun 8, 4:47 pm, John wrote:
C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

NASA's web feed is still going. The Media Player feed is about 30s
behind the Quicktime feed for me, but the QT feed only had a little
bit of audio -- very clear converstation between a couple of launch
team members during the T-9 hold, and silence during the launch --
very eerie.

Whose tie got clipped?

/dps

Old June 9th 07, 01:09 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
rob

On Jun 8, 4:47 pm, John wrote:
C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

Yes indeed!

I was watching on Fox. They had a ticker at the bottom of screen
showing running time, mph, and distance. The NASA "deep voice" was
calling distances which matched but calling mphs somewhat faster (in
the km/hr range). I hope someone else saw this.

Rob

Old June 9th 07, 01:43 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Thorn[_3_]

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 23:55:06 -0000, snidely
wrote:

On Jun 8, 4:47 pm, John wrote:
C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

NASA's web feed is still going.

It was a whopping 50 seconds behind CNN. I'd think they could've done
a little better than that.

Brian
Old June 9th 07, 01:47 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jorge R. Frank

snidely wrote:
On Jun 8, 4:47 pm, John wrote:
C-Span cut its coverage off a little early . . . but what a beautiful
liftoff.

NASA's web feed is still going. The Media Player feed is about 30s
behind the Quicktime feed for me, but the QT feed only had a little
bit of audio -- very clear converstation between a couple of launch
team members during the T-9 hold, and silence during the launch --
very eerie.

Whose tie got clipped?

Associate Administrator Rex Geveden.
Old June 9th 07, 02:56 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
snidely

On Jun 8, 5:47 pm, "Jorge R. Frank" wrote:
[...]
Whose tie got clipped?

Associate Administrator Rex Geveden.

Ahhh ... like sailors meeting King Neptune on crossing the equator?

/dps

Old June 9th 07, 02:58 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
snidely

On Jun 8, 5:43 pm, Brian Thorn wrote:
[...]
It was a whopping 50 seconds behind CNN. I'd think they could've done
a little better than that.

Foul-language delay loop.

BTW, I liked the UCS-23/TV-23 replay almost as much as the ET cam --
caught a glimpse of the shock condensation at one point.

/dps

Old June 9th 07, 05:17 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jorge R. Frank

snidely wrote:
On Jun 8, 5:47 pm, "Jorge R. Frank" wrote:
[...]
Whose tie got clipped?

Associate Administrator Rex Geveden.

Ahhh ... like sailors meeting King Neptune on crossing the equator?

Hmm, more like the worker bees getting a chance to haze the Big Boss.
But I'll confess I'm not familiar with the origins of this tradition;
it's a KSC-specific thing.