super massive black hole

Old November 14th 03, 07:47 AM
Hans

Glazer, What have you been smoking this week? Well whatever it is its way too
strong for you! You define the expression "In way over your head!"

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hans Black is not a color.The cartoon physicist that named it was
"John Wheeler"(i think he is still alive?) Physicists don't ague with
Wheeler. I wonder what happens to quarks and gluons when passing
through the event horizon? My own theory has the strong force,as a
modification(face of) of gravity. Could we call a BH a quark hole? (QH)
Hole fits well. Could we think of a blackhole as having only three
dimensions(since it took time away)? Could we think of it having extra
dimensions since it has a gravity tunnel that can enter other universes
(kip Thorne) I sometimes think of blackholes as putty,and I can mold it
into any thing that comes to mind. Bert PS One more question.
What holds the BH up?

Old November 15th 03, 03:23 PM
Slow Eddy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hole fits well. Could we think of a blackhole as having only three
dimensions(since it took time away)? Could we think of it having extra
dimensions since it has a gravity tunnel that can enter other universes

Let me go in over my head here, too, then. Don't we mix up the model and the
object up when we talk of of eg. space *being* 3-dimensional,
n-dimensional, etc.? Surely the "dimensionality" of whatever we choose to
describe is simply a reflection of the minimum data set we need to describe
what we see of it? So when it comes to the black hole, the only dimensions
you need when describing it are its minimum measurements. As I understand
it, we have these things modelled as points at present, so even
one-dimensionality sounds like overkill - apart from the three dimensions
you can use to adequately locate it in the flat part of spacetime (which
stretched as far as we can currently observe when last I read anything
about this). Once you've located the black hole according some mapping
system that places it in the space we're "familiar" with, the only further
fact you have is "Here is a black hole". The statement gives all its
spatial dimensions.

(But then us bits of matter around the black hole might also be seen as mere
side effects ... glug glug glug ... drowned))

--
Clear Skies,

Slow Eddy.

Have you noticed how on some nights the sky gets so black that it seems to
shine? Bright darkness to you, too.
Spam he