Force of Gravity,and the Planets.

Old July 18th 03, 10:04 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Force of Gravity,and the Planets.

Hi Greg Egg on my face as usual. Thanks for good thinking on your
part,and bad thinking on my part. Tell me how I could leave out
carbon,and when even bringing in CO2 Can I blame it on Bud light. The
answer is "NO" Bert PS I'll blame it on my wife

Old July 19th 03, 12:19 PM
Ron Miller

CO2 is not a deadly gas. It just doesn't support combustion is all. Plants
do just fine with it. A more important point to make, however, is that life
on earth did not evolve in an oxygen atmosphere. What we have today is
earth's secondary atmosphere. The original was a great deal more like
Jupiter's is today.

RM

"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
I read that if the earth(rock planet) had the mass of Jupiter than
man would have great evolutionary changes,such as walking on all
fours,very short and heavy bone structures etc. I say he would
never have evolved in the first place.The reason is this. The great
gravity force would not let hydrogen,and helium escape its atmosphere.
Helium would not be any problem. Hydrogen is a different story. It
combines very easy with oxygen,andCO2 is a deadly gas. Well I posted
this to show how important the right amount of gravity is. The exactly
right force of gravity created an organic universe,and the right force
of gravity created man. Its gravity all the way. Bert

How about if we evolved to breath H?

BV.

Old July 19th 03, 05:07 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Ron Miller
writes
CO2 is not a deadly gas. It just doesn't support combustion is all. Plants
do just fine with it. A more important point to make, however, is that life
on earth did not evolve in an oxygen atmosphere. What we have today is
earth's secondary atmosphere. The original was a great deal more like
Jupiter's is today.

Did the earth ever have a reducing atmosphere like Jupiter? Most people
believe the original atmosphere was nitrogen and carbon dioxide rather
like Venus today.
--
"Roads in space for rockets to travel....four-dimensional roads, curving with
relativity"
Old July 19th 03, 09:36 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Ron CO2 is a very deadly gas. You only have to sit in your garage
with your car running,and in ten minutes your fast asleep,and never to
wake up. It is a very painless way to die,and when dead gives you a nice
complexion (skin color) Our brain can only take 9% more CO2 that is
now in the earth's atmosphere. To scuba divers make sure your tanks are
filled from a compressor that is not near car exhosts Bert

Old July 20th 03, 12:57 AM
Odysseus

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

Hi Ron CO2 is a very deadly gas. You only have to sit in your garage
with your car running,and in ten minutes your fast asleep,and never to
wake up. It is a very painless way to die,and when dead gives you a nice
complexion (skin color) Our brain can only take 9% more CO2 that is
now in the earth's atmosphere. To scuba divers make sure your tanks are
filled from a compressor that is not near car exhosts Bert

You must be thinking of carbon *monoxide*, CO, which is so deadly
because it binds strongly to the oxygen acceptors in haemoglobin,
preventing red blood cells from carrying oxygen to the tissues.
Carbon *dioxide*, CO_2, does not have this property; breathing a lot
of it can cause "acidosis" of the blood but it's not nearly as dangerous.

--Odysseus

Old July 29th 03, 03:11 AM
Odysseus

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:

RM Water is not a gas.(bad analogy) I really did mean corbon
monoxide.(typing without thinking) I know that hydrogen can kill(people
stick their heads in stoves). Jupiter can hold hydrogen in its
atmosphere. The earth lets it leak into space. Just another good reason
for life on earth that has the right mass density. Bert

I hope you got Ron's point, though. Imagine a steam bath with more
steam than air ... But nitrogen might make a better analogy than
water: increase the N_2 content of the atmosphere in your room from
80% to 98% -- not a big difference, hence no problem, right?

As for ovens, most run on natural gas, which is mainly methane, CH_4.
It is moderately poisonous, like most hydrocarbons, but again the
immediate threat is suffocation -- or of blowing up the house.

--
Odysseus