Brightest star explosion seen blinds satellite

Old July 16th 10, 04:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Brightest star explosion seen blinds satellite

"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst
Old July 16th 10, 05:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
LSMFT

wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Wait until we have one in the local group.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.
Old July 16th 10, 08:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Damon Hill[_3_]

LSMFT wrote in :

wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Wait until we have one in the local group.

Betelgeuse seems likely; it's 300-600 ly from us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betelgeuse#Fate

--Damon

Old July 16th 10, 09:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 16, 8:26*am, wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Imagine what the nearby Sirius(B) did to us, as of just 65 million
years ago.

~ BG
Old July 16th 10, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 16, 9:31*am, LSMFT wrote:
wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Wait until we have one in the local group.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

65 million years ago we had to survive Sirius(B).

~ BG
Old July 20th 10, 06:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Jul 16, 4:02*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jul 16, 9:31*am, LSMFT wrote:

wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Wait until we have one in the local group.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

65 million years ago we had to survive Sirius(B).

No Guth, there is no proof that the asteroid that was ~ six miles
across that struck the earth 65 million years ago, that killed of the
dinosaurs, was from Sirius, B or otherwise.
Old July 20th 10, 09:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 16, 9:31*am, LSMFT wrote:

wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Wait until we have one in the local group.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

65 million years ago we had to survive Sirius(B).

No Guth, there is no proof that the asteroid that was ~ six miles
across that struck the earth 65 million years ago, that killed of the
dinosaurs, was from Sirius, B or otherwise.

And there's still no objective proof that it wasn't from Sirius B or
via some other Sirius star that lost its tidal radii grip of planets w/
moons plus whatever asteroids.

Exactly where was our solar system in relation to Sirius as of 65 MYBP
and before, and how long would the interstellar trek of rogue items
released from its red supergiant phase be?

While you're at it, tell us how and when we got our Arctic ocean basin
and that nifty seasonal tilt.

Tell us how and when our moon/Selene got that 2500 km diameter crater,
that just so happens to match up with our Arctic ocean basin.

I mean, shouldn't there otherwise be an Arctic land mass similar to
Antarctica?

You do realize the oldest trees in North America are only a few
thousand years old, and by no means much of anything else is older
than 11,712 years, as though something pretty downright significant
had previously taken place.

“The record holders for an individual non-clonal tree are Great Basin
Bristlecone Pine trees from California and Nevada in the United
States, dated 4,000 to 5,000 years old by counting tree rings.”

Other trees sufficiently distant from the Artic date to near 50,000
years, and that’s quite an unusual 10:1 disparity for a planet that’s
not supposed to have changed it’s seasonal tilt or much less its
orbit.

Most clonal colonies are worth something less than 13,000 YBP.

Do you have any really old cave-life era art or impressions of our
moon, or anything pertaining to seasons that had to have been pretty
darn significant with all of that melting glacial ice and subsequent
erosion taking place?

How the hell did those cave dwellers manage to sleep through all of
that?

Were such early humans a nearly blind as well as a totally dumbfounded
species?

Are you suggesting those unintelligent early humans somehow knew
exactly how to best survive the last ice-age better than anything
else, and therefore cared less than **** about any stinking moon,
having to bother with seasonal changes or the unusual lack of whatever
local vegetation?

In other words, are you and other Semites actually that freaking nuts?

Are you suggesting that our human evolution that involved any real
intelligence didn’t take off until sometime well after that last ice-
age?

When exactly did this perpetually dumbfounded human species become
self-aware, and thus previously having been unaware of their
environment that apparently didn’t include a moon or any significant
seasons?

~ BG
Old July 20th 10, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Jul 16, 9:31*am, LSMFT wrote:

wrote:
"The brightest explosion of a star ever seen
temporarily blinded a satellite set up to watch
such events, astronomers said on Wednesday."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100715/...us_space_burst

Wait until we have one in the local group.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

65 million years ago we had to survive Sirius(B).

No Guth, there is no proof that the asteroid that was ~ six miles
across that struck the earth 65 million years ago, that killed of the
dinosaurs, was from Sirius, B or otherwise.

And there's still no objective proof that it wasn't a little from
[...]

Most clonal colonies (root/tuber surviving things) are worth something
less than 13,000 YBP. Much further away from the Arctic ocean are a
couple of locations suggesting 100,000 years, which is still zilch
worth of natural evolution time for such a planet that was supposed to
always have that terrific seasonal tilt and its terrific moon that
always went unnoticed by all humanoids.

Do you have any really old cave-life era art or impressions of our
moon, or anything pertaining to seasons that had to have been pretty
darn significant with all of that melting glacial ice and subsequent
erosion taking place?

How the hell did those cave dwellers manage to sleep through all of
that?

Were such early humans a nearly blind as well as a totally dumbfounded
species?

Are you suggesting those unintelligent early humans as furry heathens
somehow knew exactly how to best survive the last ice-age better than
anything else, and therefore cared less than **** about any stinking
moon, having to bother with seasonal changes or the unusual lack of
whatever local vegetation?

In other words, are you and other Semites actually that freaking nuts?

Are you suggesting that our human evolution that involved any real
intelligence didn’t actually take off until sometime well after that
last ice-age?

When exactly did this perpetually dumbfounded human species become
self-aware, and thus previously having been so totally unaware of