planetary nebula

Old May 10th 05, 10:44 PM
Angelo Campanella

Default planetary nebula

I've bee tracking this Odessy since I first stumbled onto
http://home.att.net/~a.campanella/hu...ula_0828_f.jpg

No, It's not my image, of course, I just got it from who knows where,
with the annotation of Hubble 0828".

There is SO much going on there that I never ever even dreamed about.
Many questions immediately come to mind:

Why is it dumbbell-shaped?
Hhy is it not spherically symmetrical?
Doesn't the polar shape scream MAGNETIC FIELD?
When is somebody going to publish a rational explanation?
Why the spherical girdle?

For years now there has been relative silence. I e-mailed about it to
my ancient astro-buddy, Andy Skumanich. He proceeded to describe the
picture. Not much other said.

Then I come across

http://home.att.net/~a.campanella/HubbleMyCn18.jpg

This one shows that these objects H0828 is not alone. Interesting.. The
central hole has some 'structure'.

Then I found this:

http://home.att.net/~a.campanella/hubblMZ3.jpg

which shows these are a distinguished class of objects. I feel squeamish
at this late date in calling them "planetary" objects. They are
TRANSCENDENTAL to say the least. Something like polarized expando-nova
or the like is more appropriate, I think.

But what about the screaming MAGNETIC fields? I have awaited
breathlessly for a good quantitative explanation of same.

None heard, I now contriute my 2 cents:

1- To have such an effective magnetic confinement (pinch?) as implied by
th H0828 girdle, one needs high electric charge density, high rotational
velocity, or both. High charge density comes from essentially condensed
protons or nucleii. The neutrons come along for the ride, but are useful
in building up gravitational force to maintain this confined-dimension
"girdle" (see H0828).

2- The rotational force impled suggests a collapse-history; whereas
before this dumbbell phase, a larger low density mass existed (like our
sun) that had only a slow rotational angular velocity, but a relatively
large diameter. As it cooled and shrunk, and having had a long history
of large diameter and long lifetime, it had "cooked" a fair soup of mid
to high atomic number nuclei. These became a residual small diameter
spinning ball.

3- Shrinkage and conservation of momentum has evolved a high density
spinning core that is at least half charged protons. This spinner is now
a strong magnet. Any material excursions inspired by eruptions and
energy releases will be now obliged to track ONLY along the polar axes
of this spinner.

4- One may ask "What energetic actions remain for this dying star at
this stage to prompt such moves whose outcomes we have just witnessed
ass the dumbell in these Hubble photos?". I see at least one:

5- Below the atomic number of iron+-, fusion is an exothermic reaction,
as we enjoy from our Old Sol. Fusion into nuclei heavier than iron is
an endothermic reaction, where it takes energy to shove the participants
together to make the heavier and heaviest nuclei. Such occurrences do
occur in the core of hot energetic stars; it's unavoidable since a lot
of excess energy is available to shove these nuclei into that
(metastable) state characterizable as tran-uranium(?) nuclei. Heavy
nuclei thence become a part of the population of this spinning core.

6- One now has to assume that,by now or just preceding this dumbells
stage, off-gassing characteristic of a dying star will have been in
progress for some time so that the pressure and temperature in the core
region "ain't what it used to be". As such, this prerequisite becomes a
"tag" or confining hypothesis that confines star choices to a class of
stars that will pursue this H0828 style of decay.

7- The decay phase of 'metastable' now occurs. Heavy nuclei start
falling apart, otherwise known as spontaneous fission. At this new
transient higher temperature, where now a pressure vastly less than
during the original forced fusion, blow-ups occur; "Chain reactions" we
have come to call them. But where to go in response to the calling of
lower pressure elsewhere.

8- Magne-rules say ONLY along the polar axis!.

9- Ergo, H0828!

10- Next for someone to model the "spit-balls". These could be rougue
balls of delayed action chain reaction fission quality materials.

Angelo Campanella

--------- www.CampanellaAcoustics.com ---------

Old May 10th 05, 11:23 PM
Ray Vingnutte

If you have a browse here through the catalog you will find one of your
images in there, along with even more strange looking photos.

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/...=nebula&page=1

The trouble with looking at a single photo as you seem to have done is
that it is nigh on impossible to see the whole for what it is and to try
and see what is going on. One needs to take photos in various
wavelengths, infra red, xray even to see what may be going on in the
surrounding area and interior, such a photo as you posted on it's own
has none of that information.

To take just one photo as you posted and try and explain it away will
almost certainly lead to wrong conclusions as to what is going.

Old May 11th 05, 03:29 AM
Angelo Campanella

Ray Vingnutte wrote:
If you have a browse here through the catalog you will find one of your
images in there, along with even more strange looking photos.
http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/...=nebula&page=1

Just took a look there. About 1/3 show this polar shape from various
aspects. and slightly later stages. The important thing is that very
little has been said in public about these objects. I'm trying to ptime
th pump, and get thinking ahead into more deeper and revolutionary
aspects of them.

The trouble with looking at a single photo as you seem to have done is
that it is nigh on impossible to see the whole for what it is and to try
and see what is going on. One needs to take photos in various
wavelengths, infra red, xray even to see what may be going on in the
surrounding area and interior, such a photo as you posted on it's own
has none of that information.

True, wavelength variants will provide more information, an octave or
two up or down is all that can be done that way. But the fact remains;
this is a shape and process that nobody I know of has clearly predicted,
nor cleary analzed; at least to the extent that they are coming public
on the matter.

To take just one photo as you posted and try and explain it away will
almost certainly lead to wrong conclusions as to what is going.

Take your pick: Poor conclusions or no conclustions.

To each his own.

Angelo Campanella

Old May 11th 05, 03:34 AM
Alnitak-Alnilam-Mintaka

Angelo Campanella wrote:

I've bee tracking this Odessy since I first stumbled onto
http://home.att.net/~a.campanella/hu...ula_0828_f.jpg

No, It's not my image, of course, I just got it from who knows
where, with the annotation of Hubble 0828".

There is SO much going on there that I never ever even dreamed
about. Many questions immediately come to mind:

Why is it dumbbell-shaped?
Hhy is it not spherically symmetrical?
Doesn't the polar shape scream MAGNETIC FIELD?
When is somebody going to publish a rational explanation?

A rational explanation was published 30 years ago, but hardly anyone
noticed because astronomers had yet to witness the exactness of the
geometrical explanation and its predictions because no one had yet
resolved the planetary nebula to such detail as we see today. To offer
this brief, all planetary nebula expansion is governed by the physics of
stellar electrical and chemical pyramidal double bonding.

[...]

Check out these links for more information:
http://www.astro.washington.edu/balick/WFPC2/index.html
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/new.../1997/38/text/
http://www.astro.washington.edu/balick/index.html

Old May 11th 05, 03:37 AM
Ray Vingnutte

On Wed, 11 May 2005 02:29:22 GMT
Angelo Campanella wrote:

Ray Vingnutte wrote:
[...]

Are you sure of that, I don't have time now as I getting tired but you
could try getting the details of some of those images and browsing
through various catalogs and see what info is available if any. Unless
you have already done that of course.

To take just one photo as you posted and try and explain it away
will almost certainly lead to wrong conclusions as to what is going.

Take your pick: Poor conclusions or no conclustions.

To each his own.

Yeak ok ;-), do take a look around though you may well turn up some
explanations.

Angelo Campanella

Old May 12th 05, 06:20 AM
Angelo Campanella

Alnitak-Alnilam-Mintaka wrote:
A rational explanation was published 30 years ago, but hardly anyone
noticed because astronomers had yet to witness the exactness of the
geometrical explanation and its predictions because no one had yet
resolved the planetary nebula to such detail as we see today. To offer
this brief, all planetary nebula expansion is governed by the physics of
stellar electrical and chemical pyramidal double bonding.

I've seen the 30-yr ago tales before, and they all lack any significant
detail that these "butterfly" images can invoke. That latter detail is
what I seek.

Check out these links for more information:
http://www.astro.washington.edu/balick/WFPC2/index.html

That one repeats the tales such as that 30-yrs ago.
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/new.../1997/38/text/
http://www.astro.washington.edu/balick/index.html

I glanced at these. Likewise.

I feel I two novel concepts; the roles of fission and a magnetic field
in generating the butterfly shape.

Angelo Campanella.

Old May 12th 05, 06:23 AM
Angelo Campanella

Ray Vingnutte wrote:
two up or down is all that can be done that way. But the fact remains;
this is a shape and process that nobody I know of has clearly
predicted, nor cleary analzed; at least to the extent that they are
coming public on the matter.

Are you sure of that, I don't have time now as I getting tired but you
could try getting the details of some of those images and browsing
through various catalogs and see what info is available if any. Unless
you have already done that of course.

The problem now is that they do not seriously investigate the event
sequence (to my satisfaction) that generates the bow tie and spit balls.

Yeak ok ;-), do take a look around though you may well turn up some
explanations.

They are probably out there, but secluded or elusive.

I think a dialog here will codify some of these.

Angelo Campanella

Old May 12th 05, 06:31 AM
Ray Vingnutte

On Thu, 12 May 2005 05:23:52 GMT
Angelo Campanella wrote:

Ray Vingnutte wrote:
two up or down is all that can be done that way. But the fact

remains;this is a shape and process that nobody I know of has
clearlypredicted, nor cleary analzed; at least to the extent that
they arecoming public on the matter.
Are you sure of that, I don't have time now as I getting tired but
you could try getting the details of some of those images and
browsing through various catalogs and see what info is available if
any. Unless you have already done that of course.

The problem now is that they do not seriously investigate the event
sequence (to my satisfaction) that generates the bow tie and spit
balls.

Yeak ok ;-), do take a look around though you may well turn up some
explanations.

They are probably out there, but secluded or elusive.

I think a dialog here will codify some of these.

I found not a lot I'm afraid. I mainly tried searching out
explanations for Mz3 ( Ant Nebula or Menzel 3) apart from 'Ant Nebula
Proves There Was A God0 there was very little to be found. What little I
did find suggested maybe another body in orbit having an effect but it
didn't get much better than that I'm afraid.

There may be more info or explanations to be had on other similar
objects.

Angelo Campanella

Old May 12th 05, 06:44 AM
Ray Vingnutte

Sorry I forgot to include a link for the Ant Nebula.

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/pia04216

Old May 12th 05, 07:12 AM
SuperCool Plasma

Angelo Campanella wrote:

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

two up or down is all that can be done that way. But the fact remains;
this is a shape and process that nobody I know of has clearly
predicted, nor cleary analzed; at least to the extent that they are
coming public on the matter.

Are you sure of that, I don't have time now as I getting tired but you
could try getting the details of some of those images and browsing
through various catalogs and see what info is available if any. Unless
you have already done that of course.

The problem now is that they do not seriously investigate the event
sequence (to my satisfaction) that generates the bow tie and spit balls.

Yeak ok ;-), do take a look around though you may well turn up some
explanations.

They are probably out there, but secluded or elusive.

I think a dialog here will codify some of these.

Angelo Campanella

I found the other links extremely helpful. Maybe if you tried this link:

http://www.blackskies.com/intro.html#NEBULAE

"I hope you will be able to find any information that you came here for,
and also enjoy the experience. If neither is the case, please do not
hesitate to contact me ) and let me know! And on
the other hand, I really do enjoy hearing from anyone that visits these
pages and finds it a worthwhile experience. In any case, have a great
day and night !! "

The above web site has lots of links to astronomy sites that deal almost
exclusively in Nebulae dynamics.

The Virgo Cluster of Galaxies in the Making (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 October 22nd 04 06:11 PM
New Giant Planetary Nebula Tom Clarke Amateur Astronomy 5 November 7th 03 02:17 AM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Astronomy Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
Whats in the sky today [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 3 July 14th 03 04:24 AM