ASTRO: M92 is not just Hercules' other globular

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 31st 08, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M92 is not just Hercules' other globular

I'm now up to the top end of the M list cleaning out the hard drive. I
was shocked to find this unprocessed set of M92 frames from last summer.
How I forgot these I don't know as this appears to be the best seeing
I've ever had! In any case it processed into my best globular photo to
date. I think I set this up then went to bed. I took 3 in each RGB
color then 6 lum frames then repeated this. By the time the second set
of Lum frames was being taken the sun rose so the first lum of the
second set showed some fogging and by the third it was white. I must
have looked at that when I got up and figured something went wrong. At
least I didn't delete them. The second round of RGB were fine so this
left me with 6, 5 minute frames in RGB as well as Lum. I found that
extra RGB did make processing go easier much to my surprise. Anyway
here's the result. I know there are more lost files to be found but I
doubt any will equal this one.

14" LX200R @ f/10, LRGB all 6x5' binned 2x2, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails