I love to sail forbidden seas - Herman Melville

Old February 12th 16, 01:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Default I love to sail forbidden seas - Herman Melville

My friend Edgar Mitchell died recently and I find I would like to share some of the mythological aspects of his moon walk and the moon walks of others who acompanied him in the short time we did such things as this.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...30881c1dc6.jpg

Mitchell often said that he would like to grab the world's leaders by the scruff of the neck and drag them 250,000 miles to the moon and point to the Earth and say, "Look at that you sonofabitch!"

He expected to transform their appreciation of the world, and open them up to a larger cosmos beyond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UVuzDDTdgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OsuiRmexWk

Joseph Campbell felt that the modern age wouldn't begin until we incorporated the mythological lessons of the moon landing into our culture, and abandoned those myths that no longer serve us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQkUf-TOsmY

Embracing this new reality would allow us to move beyond the trajectory toward certain death our present culture is leading us, and toward the possibility of new and exciting adventures beyond this small mote of dust.

https://vimeo.com/108650530

Old February 12th 16, 01:55 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86mkvU4qHw

https://www.ted.com/talks/george_dys...on?language=en

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoLcJuBtOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieYsxEe8pkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyshQ_Tg830

Herman katrinaxx Amateur Astronomy 0 March 22nd 08 05:50 PM
Herman katrinaxx Amateur Astronomy 3 February 8th 08 01:14 PM
Herman Weyl 1929 nonlocal spinor geometry typo correction Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 0 May 31st 07 01:40 AM
Herman Weyl's great paper of 1929 on gauge theory Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 0 May 23rd 07 06:27 PM
Mike Melville wearing no pressure suit Bill History 23 June 28th 04 03:10 PM