Was the Big Bang an exploding Black Hole?

Old May 22nd 04, 06:44 PM
Val

Default Was the Big Bang an exploding Black Hole?

Hi,

for starters I'd like to say that I am no scientist nor do I have a
scientific background, so any stupid or silly assumptions on my part are a
result of ignorance. However, I was intrigued by the idea of whether the big
bang might actually have been an exploding black hole.
I was thinking that if the most dense known 'thing' is an atom, in a black
hole entire atoms are stacked next to and touching eachother. But I figure
there has to be a limit to the amount of matter any black hole can absorb. I
figure that this singularity that we call the black hole can not be the same
size with different masses, so when the mass grows, the singularity will
increase in size (more stacked atoms, assuming that the size of an atom can
not be reduced anymore due to its density already being maximal), as well as
the event horizon. But assuming that it keeps 'growing' at one point it will
reach a fase where the gravity in the centre of the singularity will not be
able to keep it together and the centre might be trying to explode, maybe
causing a chain reaction which makes the singularity explode like the big
bang.
Another of my questions relating to black holes and that nothing is able to
escape a black hole is what would happen if two black holes were to collide?
Would this result in one big black hole or would this event destroy both
black holes thus freeing all the trapped matter inside of both?
Would this have been one of the possible scenarios that caused the big bang?

Greetings,

Valentin