Space policy stuff from 1976ish

Old December 22nd 09, 11:27 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Allen Thomson

Default Space policy stuff from 1976ish

There's a buncha very interesting material in the recently avaiable

http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/ch3

ASAT, satellite vulnerability worries, remote sensing policy, etc.
Old December 23rd 09, 06:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Allen Thomson wrote:
There's a buncha very interesting material in the recently avaiable

http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/ch3

ASAT, satellite vulnerability worries, remote sensing policy, etc.

Thanks! That should be a fun read.

Pat
Old December 23rd 09, 10:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:
Allen Thomson wrote:
There's a buncha very interesting material in the recently avaiable

http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/ch3

ASAT, satellite vulnerability worries, remote sensing policy, etc.

Thanks! That should be a fun read.

Three interesting ones to read in conjunction are these:
http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/d73
http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/d76
http://history.state.gov/historicald...69-76ve03/d115
The concept is to give forign countries very good prices for launching
their payloads on US launch vehicles and help in designing their
satellites, so that they come to rely on the US for their space
programs, and don't develop indiginous space capabilities, as the US
only launch capability is a source of economic profit and political
power - and independant launch abilities are seen as destabilizing to
the US/USSR monopoly in space and pose the threat of release of
recconasance photos of sensative military installations to the civilian
world (they hit this right on the nose, as that's the sort of stuff that
started with the French SPOT satellite's imagry for sale).
Japan though tries to go its own route and starts developing a
independant space launch capability, so that has to get stopped by
cutting off further access to US space technology beyond Thor-based
launch vehicles.
Another intersesting one is this:
http://history.state.gov/historicald...69-76ve03/d110
Which discusses how detailed mapping of the Earth's gravity field over
the oceans by GEOS-3 could be used by the Soviets to increase the
accuracy of their SLBMs to where they could destroy a hard target using
only inertial guidence (they used mid-course stellar updates to up
accuracy instead.)This problem comes up again later:
http://history.state.gov/historicald...69-76ve03/d119
When they figure out how to handle it.
Then, of course, there is naming the test Shuttle "Enterprise":
http://history.state.gov/historicald...69-76ve03/d133

"- NASA has received hundreds of thousands of letters from the
space-oriented "Star Trek" group asking that the name "Enterprise" be
given to the craft. This group comprises millions of individuals who are
deeply interested in our space program."

And probably are voters as well. ;-)

Pat
Old December 23rd 09, 10:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:
Allen Thomson wrote:
There's a buncha very interesting material in the recently avaiable

http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/ch3

ASAT, satellite vulnerability worries, remote sensing policy, etc.

Thanks! That should be a fun read.

Three interesting ones to read in conjunction are these:
http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/d73
http://history.state.gov/historicald...969-76ve03/d76
http://history.state.gov/historicald...69-76ve03/d115
The concept is to give foreign countries very good prices for launching
their payloads on US launch vehicles and help in designing their
satellites, so that they come to rely on the US for their space
programs, and don't develop indigenous space capabilities, as the US
only launch capability is a source of economic profit and political
power - and independent launch abilities are seen as destabilizing to
the US/USSR monopoly in space and pose the threat of release of
reconnaissance photos of sensitive military installations to the
civilian world (they hit this right on the nose, as that's the sort of
stuff that started with the French SPOT satellite's imagery for sale).
Japan though tries to go its own route and starts developing a
independent space launch capability, so that has to get stopped by
cutting off further access to US space technology beyond Thor-based
launch vehicles.
Another interesting one is this:
http://history.state.gov/historicald...69-76ve03/d110
Which discusses how detailed mapping of the Earth's gravity field over
the oceans by GEOS-3 could be used by the Soviets to increase the
accuracy of their SLBMs to where they could destroy a hard target using
only inertial guidance (they used mid-course stellar updates to up

Old December 24th 09, 03:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Joseph Nebus wrote:
In short, this situation could provide the same public
interest as the CB radio provided for Mrs. Ford.

Man, I didn't realize it was ever *that* severely 1976.

"Breaker, breaker...this is Lady F for Klutzo...are you out there Klutzo?"
God, I'm glad that whole subculture puked and died.
I swore I was going to track down "Little Teddy Bear" and cave the
*******'s head in with a tire iron. :-D

Pat
Old December 27th 09, 10:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Joseph Nebus wrote:
In short, this situation could provide the same public
interest as the CB radio provided for Mrs. Ford.

Man, I didn't realize it was ever *that* severely 1976.

"Breaker, breaker...this is Lady F for Klutzo...are you out there Klutzo?"
God, I'm glad that whole subculture puked and died.
I swore I was going to track down "Little Teddy Bear" and cave the *******'s
head in with a tire iron. :-D

Pat

Now I KNOW who to send my C.W. McCall LP collection to for next Xmas!!

If we *all* do it, imagine a line of postal trucks extending all the
way to North Dakota. Hmm, a CONVOY!!!

;-)

Dave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._W._McCall

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://s...nsXZoCPCjdjfGQ

Old December 28th 09, 01:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David Spain wrote:

Now I KNOW who to send my C.W. McCall LP collection to for next Xmas!!

If we *all* do it, imagine a line of postal trucks extending all the
way to North Dakota. Hmm, a CONVOY!!!

Been there, done that...from back in 2004:

"Jesus retreaded my life-
He was the nineteenth wheel I took with me,
Wherever I did roll,
He was the spare tire that fixed the blowout of my soul.

The blowout happened late one night, on Interstate 19,
At a truckstop in Tucson, with a hooker named Lureene.
She had been very busy, her work was quite obscene,
She had just blown away a cowboy, two sailors and a Marine.

She sashayed right on up to me, her mouth was wet and full,
They said her skill was so great that she could exhaust a bull.
"Are you a gambling man?" she asked, and gave my prick a pull,
"Let's wager your immortal soul against my immoral hole."

"Or maybe a little hum job is more to your style,
I'm thirsty as a Lewinsky, I'm sure to bring a smile..."
She wanted to see how my peter was built, that was for sure,
And I have to admit to all you here, my own thoughts were impure.

But Jesus, he was watching out for me that night,
He stood between temptation and me with all his might.
His holiness was like highbeams, lighting the road to right.
Jesus retreaded my life.

Jesus talked to me right then, and right there,
About a fallen woman who washed his feet with her hair.
It sounded sort of kinky to me, that story that he said,
But probably not half as kinky as things done in Lureene's bed.

My soul didn't know which way to turn, which exit ramp it should take,
The overpass to heaven- was that the choice to make?
Or the tunnel to perdition- tempted by Lureene's ****strictor snake?
The overpass took a lot of effort, the tunnel could burn out the brakes!

Jesus spoke to me again, and this time he was stern,
He said "Touch that woman, and you shall surely burn,
every time you urinate, if penicillin you should spurn."
Jesus retreaded my life.

Lureene just took out a condom and smiled up at me,
Her look was reassuring as she got down on her knees.
When Lureene hits the floor, she's always aiming to please,
She will spread the good times around, but try not to spread disease.

Jesus spoke to me again, this time I'd understand;
"That condom from China, it's not a Christian land,
Their condoms are defective, most Chinese births unplanned!"
Jesus retreaded my life.

I turned to Lureene as asked her mighty sweet,
To blow up that condom before she put it on my meat.
She blew on the condom and it began to swell,
Then it exploded, with a thunderclap from hell!

They say that Jesus knows all about sex and birth,
Probably more than anyone who's living on the Earth,
A lot more than his mother knew, for whatever that's worth.
Jesus retreaded my life.

I got up off the chair and walked out to my truck,
Thanking sweet Jesus for his mercy and for my luck.
They still talk about the Great Blowout on I-19,
And about a hooker who was named Lureene.

She vanished that very night in a cloud of smoke,
They say it was because the Devil's heart she'd broke.
She'd learned an important lesson, that all harlots should know:
When it comes to hum jobs, always suck, and never blow."

PF-2004"

Pat
Old December 28th 09, 02:58 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_614_]

"David Spain" wrote in message
Pat Flannery writes:

Joseph Nebus wrote:
In short, this situation could provide the same public
interest as the CB radio provided for Mrs. Ford.

Man, I didn't realize it was ever *that* severely 1976.

"Breaker, breaker...this is Lady F for Klutzo...are you out there
Klutzo?"
God, I'm glad that whole subculture puked and died.
I swore I was going to track down "Little Teddy Bear" and cave the
*******'s
head in with a tire iron. :-D

Pat

Now I KNOW who to send my C.W. McCall LP collection to for next Xmas!!

If we *all* do it, imagine a line of postal trucks extending all the
way to North Dakota. Hmm, a CONVOY!!!

You know, if
one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in...
Oh wait... wrong song.-- Greg MooreAsk me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old December 28th 09, 01:37 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Joseph Nebus wrote:
[...]

On the third day of Xmas, we sent to Patrick free

3 Songs from Waylon Jennings
2 Merle Haggards

and a Charlie Parker album medley....

BTW all those C.W. McCall songs are on 8 track, so unless Pat's able
to resurrect my combo 8-track player, CB radio and PA sound system,
he's safe.

Any any technological archeologist that restores it, gets what he/she
deserves!!

;-)

Dave
Old December 28th 09, 08:33 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

On Dec 27, 8:28*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
David Spain wrote:

[...]

Get a title and chorous in that thing and you could sell it to the
Bloodhound Gang. Here, the following is one of there's:

A Lap Dance Is So Much Better

I was lonelier than Kunta Kinte at a Merle Haggard concert that night
strolled on into Uncle Limpy's Hump Palace lookin' for love. It had
been a
while. In fact, three hundred and sixty-five had come and went since
that
midnight run haulin' hog to Shakey Town on I-10. I had picked up this
hitchhiker that was sweatin' gallons through a pair of Daisy Duke cut-
offs and
one of those Fruit Of The Loom tank-tops. Well, that night I lost
myself to
ruby red lips, milky white skin and baby blue eyes. Name was Russell.

Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'
Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'
Well I find it's quite a thrill
When she grinds me against her will
Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'

Well, faster than you can say, "shallow grave", this pretty little
thing come
up to me and starts kneadin' my balls like hard-boiled eggs in a tube
sock.
Said her name was Bambi and I said, "Well that's a coincidence
darlin', 'cause
I was just thinkin' about skinnin' you like a deer". Well she smiled,
had
about as much teeth as a Jack-O-Lantern, and I went on to tell her how
I would
wear her face like a mask as I do my little kooky dance. And then she
told me to shush. I guess she could sense my desperation. Course, it's
hard to
hide a hard-on when you're dressed like Minnie Pearl.

Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'
Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'
Well I find it's quite a thrill
When she grinds me against her will
Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'

So, Bambi's goin' on about how she can make all my fantasies come
true. So I
says, "Even this one I have where Jesus Christ is jackhammering
Mickey Mouse in the doo-doo hole with a lawn dart as Garth Brooks
gives birth
to something resembling a cheddar cheese log with almonds on
Santa Claus's tummy-tum?" Well, ten beers, twenty minutes and thirty
dollars
later I'm parkin' the beef bus in tuna town if you know what I mean.
Got
to nail her back at her trailer. Heh. That rhymes. I have to admit it
was even
more of a turn-on when I found out she was doin' me to buy baby
formula.

Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'
Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'
Well I find it's quite a thrill
When she grinds me against her will
Yes a lap dance is so much better when the stripper is cryin'

Day or so had passed when I popped the clutch, gave the tranny a spin
and slid
on into The Stinky Pinky Gulp N' Guzzle Big Rig Snooze-A-Stop.
There I was browsin' through the latest issue of "Throb", when I saw
Bambi
starin' at me from the back of a milk carton. Well, my heart just
dropped.
So, I decided to do what any good Christian would. You can not imagine
how
difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the
one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler. I
never
thought missing children could be so sexy. Did I say that out loud?